No announcement yet.

TWDT 09 Captains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dreamwin you going to back that up or your just going to leave it as that?

we already know you hate me cause I start over you, so your opinion is biased. (menel coming next?)
    (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
    (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
      Personally, I'd like to see cash.monay given a chance. Hmm.. yeah. Take out creature.
      seconded, creature claims himself to be a 3 league beast, but seeing as how one player can only play in two leagues per week, and taking into account his embarrassing loss to me in wbduel, his usefulness is severely limited. i mean, have you SEEN him base weasel? horrendous.

on the other hand, creature, should you choose to give up your captain spot to someone clearly more suited for the task (cash.monay), i can guarantee you a top5pick on the return of top5squad, soon to be enshrined in the top5legacy of twdt.
      Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
        seconded, creature claims himself to be a 3 league beast, but seeing as how one player can only play in two leagues per week, and taking into account his embarrassing loss to me in wbduel, his usefulness is severely limited. i mean, have you SEEN him base weasel? horrendous.

on the other hand, creature, should you choose to give up your captain spot to someone clearly more suited for the task (cash.monay), i can guarantee you a top5pick on the return of top5squad, soon to be enshrined in the top5legacy of twdt.
        true creat isn't good at anything really
        4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
        4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
        4:Geio> DEEZ?
        4:Geio> LOLOL
        4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
        4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
        4:spirit> LOL
        4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
        4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

I also applied for captain...
          Or are you that afraid that I will pick the worst and most crappy players out of the bunch and still manage to become triplets because of my awesome managetorial and capping skills...
          TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
          TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
          TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
          First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
            I also applied for captain...
            Or are you that afraid that I will pick the worst and most crappy players out of the bunch and still manage to become triplets because of my awesome managetorial and capping skills...
            damn i totally missed you...will throw you on the consideration list, feel free to make a case for yourself instead of someone else
            TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
            TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
            Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
            - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
            Originally posted by kthx
            Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

pjotter instead of ignite

better history with twl, and more liked by a bigger base of players
              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Never heard of Dead_rain or Draft
                Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
                7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
                7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
                7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

Captains are looking good. Apoc should be cap. I think Ison should be put in the cap list also. For either creature or ignite because I cant see ignite captaining a team where he isnt paying all the players so that they listen to, or do what he says. As for creature, not sure but I dont think he is cap-material.
                  1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                  JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                  1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                  http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Personally, I have nothing against ignite. But there is a large player base (and growing) in TW that does not want anything to do with ignite. Most likely, a sizable portion of TWDT applications will not play if drafted by ignite, which could cause some complications, and possibly hurt the league.
                    -not in game

Comment

Originally posted by Lofty View Post
                      Never heard of Dead_rain or Draft
                      Draft is Phizey. Been around for a while.

Draft would be on okay captain. He knows a lot about basing and javs. No one is a 3 league know-it-all in my opinion, maybe with the exception of Burnt, so not knowing birds isn't a handicap for him It's not like he can't have someone aid him in picking.

Dead_Rain isn't captain material in my opinion. He's been on Evil and Fury for only for about 4 weeks. That doesn't qualify him as knowing anything about the two other leagues that aren't basing. Sure, he could have some advise him, but then you're talking about possibly taking two people that you almost HAVE to draft onto his roster (who may even be picked by another team before he can draft them), and that's spelling trouble.

Burnt and Jaa are dead on. They did a great job with their teams and both know a good amount about all the leagues.

Apoc will run into the same trouble that DR has, but I think he's active enough at the moment to take a good look at the competition in the next couple of weeks to have a good feel for things. Plus, he's a part of Pandora, which has been a fairly active javing squad, he at least has a head start on looking for good and active javs for his team.

Ardour is solid, and is a close contender to Burnt for wisdom on the current 3 league scene.

Ignite is a bit too controversial in my opinion. I don't think money should be involved with trades, and I think (for the most part) people would like to keep it that way this tournament. He could very well not involve money in the league, but he hasn't made a decent squad that hasn't involved money to date.

Creature has picked up his activity, and has a solid grip on TWDD and TWJD.

I'd take I.D. over Ignite or Dead_Rain. Zizzo is right behind her, and he should be considered.

Comment

In ignite's case

1. He would make a super team of his quakers which would give good competition

negs: Not many newer people would be played and the team would be a fukn mess. Except for quakers.

I think people basing on who should be captain on their knowledge of the 3 leagues is off. More important is the personality of the person and if he/she can mesh with people and be cool with them. Even if a person doesnt have knowledge of all 3 leagues they have chats.. and other people to ask and help form the team. Once the team is formed if this cap has a nice personality and the team likes him I dont see why they wont help him/her make a good lineup for the team.
                        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Okay, so that brings one person into question then Downfall: Phizey. He's 14 years old.

Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post

I'd take I.D. over Ignite or Dead_Rain. Zizzo is right behind her, and he should be considered.
                            Also, I personally advised the entire draft last year for Jaa's top5squad and they made the finals in every league and won basing. Shut the fuck up, you flaming forum tool. And since when is Burnt an authority on javs? Please.

Exhibit A = Activity and knowledge:

http://twd.trenchwars.org/profile/1138/stats

Exhibit B = Fuck off. I'm #1 popular. http://gallery.trenchwars.org/show_images.php?id=410

This is a huge fail. And what are you guys talking about a large segment of the draft population that won't play if drafted by me? Huh? Where are you pulling this information from besides a rather dark and smelly orifice. There is noone that knows this game better than me. I'm the most active player. My squad is #1 in 3/4 leagues and rising in basing. Also, I'm #1 in games arranged and I have more games arranged combined than the entire (C)'s and (A)'s of quake combined. I pretty much single handedly recruited and find games for, each and everyday for the best and most dominant squad in TW. And you're telling me that you'd rather see i.d. captain?

Anyways, the overwhelming majority of people that have played under me, enjoy it. If you'd like I can get dozens of them to spam this forum.

Moreover, I'm bringing a ton of competition to this league by making every Quake player sign up for it and be active, otherwise they would have never heard of this league, DUE TO HORRIBLE ADVERTISEMENT. You all should thank me as plenty of Quake players will now be on your TWDT roster because of my vigilance.

and for the record there isn't anyone on Quake being paid... yet. We'll see when TWL comes around, and what the marketplace is like!
                            Last edited by ignite ignite; 05-19-2009, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Ignite is a good captain -- he's active and seems to know what he's doing. I am confident that Ignite will build a good TWDT team this season. However..

Why.. oh god.. WHY CREATURE? :fear:

Comment

the only people that actually hate ignite are newbie basers, paladen newbies, and otherwise people who "play for fun". the same people who have been playing for 6 years but never had any talent so they have to use "fun" as their excuse. those who are actually good (read: the ones who get drafted in twdt) have no issue with ignite because while very few will acknowledge his skill in playing the game, everyone should recognize that nobody else puts the time and effort into assembling lineups and running squads like he does.

seriously, last season i played in like 3 throwaway rounds, and we had the best regular season rec by far and were in finals for all 3 leagues. ignite was a big part of that - that's two players whose primary job was to run the thing and keep it together, two slots that could have otherwise been occupied by contributing players. and yet, we still did the best.

so yea, ignite deserves to be cap.
                                Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Working...
                                X