Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raspi View Post
    I'll say this again:

if a squad is struggling to have 5 for dueling matches and 8 in basing, it shouldn't be illegal to have ppl play in 3 matches..hell it shouldn't be illegal in any case...stupid rule in the first place...ppl who can play all 3 well are really few in number anyway, is this rule in place because you want to limit their influence on games or because you want to make sure maximum number of ppl get to play? Lineups shouldn't be restricted in any way imo.

Also should have more room in roster for perhaps 6-7 level players just to avoid these situations where a squad is struggling to show enough players.

Which is better, a squad is struggling to field enough players and throws in anyone and doesn't pay attention to this stupid rule and tries to make the match worth playing?

Or realizing this and not fielding enough players, making the match obsolete for both teams and wheres the fun in that?

If puma gets punished because of this, this will probably mean whoever is playing puma next week in matches gets semi-free wins. No challenge = no fun.
    why don't you make your great captain ignite do what everyone else does and make him recruit players that are actually active? This makes sense right? It sure does to me. I mean, I realize ignite doesn't know how to do this, because look at how fucked up quake is atm. I think there are no excuses for this, because you all knew the rules. You could easily trade for a lower tier player that is decent in wb or jav that will show up every week to start. It isn't that difficult, but ignite seems to be incapable when he cannot PAY for players to join. Go figure.

I think puma deserves whatever is handed to them, because you all knew better.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
      TWDTB
      Dishonorable mention- Ignite playing Bill C and Zizu in all 3 games,
      Good thing you weren't around last season when I broke similar rules and no one noticed

Comment

I don't remember Raspi being as much of a whining cunt like five years ago.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

If puma gets punished because of this, this will probably mean whoever is playing puma next week in matches gets semi-free wins. No challenge = no fun.
          i just like to point this out

free wins = nono

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
          Good thing you weren't around last season when I broke similar rules and no one noticed

i did, i was on ur team tho
          (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
          (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
          (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
          (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

I will take the blame for KKs lost when i had to go 2 mins before game : (
            https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
            1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
            1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
            1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
            1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
            1:soild>they can say what they like
            1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
            1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
              I don't remember Raspi being as much of a whining cunt like five years ago.
              You were a trashtalking nobody that tries to be funny but fails in the past and you're it still. Talk about progress.

I just think there should be a rule saying in case of lacking enough players otherwise, the limit of a player playing 2 out of 3 matches shouldn't be taken into account.

That is just common sense - would you rather take a free win or remove this rule?

How on earth is it whining to not want a free win either way? If it was other way around I'd like the opponent to field 5 in a dueling match and 8 in a basing match regardless.

Yes ignite could have done something about this, but the rule is stupid in any case.

Comment

I'll say this again:
                if a squad is struggling to have 5 for dueling matches and 8 in basing, it shouldn't be illegal to have ppl play in 3 matches..hell it shouldn't be illegal in any case...stupid rule in the first place...
                Allow me to address some of the issues:

1) There is a roster minimum in place, which is 30 people including the captain (who should probably show every week). Note that this is a minimum and that the true maximum is 44 (only 12* free agents plus the captain). The minimum total number of people you need to show in order to play all 3 games without breaking the 3-game rule is 10. 10/30, with a two hour flexibility range if someone can't make the first game or oversleeps or something. Remember there is nothing limiting you to 30. (Also note that your captain is 34* under the cap, allowing the pickup of potentially two more active players.)

2) I realize it gets a little more complicated with the 6* rule, but honestly, on Puma's roster 25/31 of the players qualify for 6* in warbird. The average number of 6* or under in each league on each roster is almost assuredly greater than 50%.

I just think there should be a rule saying in case of lacking enough players otherwise, the limit of a player playing 2 out of 3 matches shouldn't be taken into account.
                3)There is a stipulation of the rule that if you have trouble getting people to show for a week, you don't lose any victories or anything, only that you cannot play that player next week. Say Ignite adds two active people from free agency this week: voila, replacements problem solved.

4) If you can't get at least 7 people at 2pm EST (a time fairly convenient for everyone in the entire western world), you drafted the wrong people.

5) For the playoffs, this rule is waived. So if you managed to make the playoffs without using your 3 league studs in all 3 leagues (due to having a good, deep team not reliant on just a few people), you can now use them at will to put your best team on the field.
                Last edited by Black Mage; 07-13-2009, 06:30 AM. Reason: saw raspi posted again above me
                When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

I agree that Raspi has point, free wins are dumb. But geez, this is an offseason event, should let more people play than just the same 5.

Rule was there for everyone to see and captains job is to know the rules. And like said before me, you need 10 players for one weekend to play all 3 games...and you still have at least 20 players in your roster left. This is just bad captaining.

Comment

Next game I'm going to touch the flag 10 times, because that will mean I had a good game
                    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by duel pasta View Post
                      Next game I'm going to touch the flag 10 times, because that will mean I had a good game
                      Next week won't be shark week and I will ignore you -_-

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

ok, next shark week I'm going to touch the flag 15 times (yes, 15), it will make me look very good
                        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by duel pasta View Post
                          ok, next shark week I'm going to touch the flag 15 times (yes, 15), it will make me look very good
                          Make sure to do it in a 15:30 minute game. I want your adjusted for opponents strength flag touches/min weighted per team member (your AdjOpStrFT/MinPerMem) to be at least 1.0. I'm bringing sabermetrics to TW, baby.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

You were a trashtalking nobody that tries to be funny but fails in the past and you're it still. Talk about progress.

Try harder thanks English Raspi sense better make.

This is why nobody respects people who claim to be women online.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I love how I get mentioned 3 times in NOT because I didn't show up for 1 week LOL.

NO CREATURE NO VICTORY

Comment

shut the fuck up duel pasta at least he tried writing about basing

let's hear your comments on wbs and javs
                                TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

Working...
                                X