This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by renzi View Post
    wanna start by saying i am in favor of the res cap. in defense of lasenza, however, the majority of his kills are r1/r2 (look at his games if you want). no matter what size res a player is using, the r1-4's arent going to change/adjust whatever. so obviously lasenza is using skill and not just "straying" thanks to a big res. the only advantage he gets is better dodging of your strays. would also like to add that lasenza (believe it or not) actually teams now. mind blowing, i know, but saw and played with him myself
    The only advantage? That's a pretty BIG "only", dude. I mean he can dodge good radar shots because he has a resolution size that is not league allowable. That's not skill, that's a lazy player that's taking advantage of his resolution. Not only that, he's got a huge advantage in taking radar shots, flying in on an opponent out of position, because he can see what direction the ship is pointed at, otherwise not capable in a regular league res setting. There's a lot of things that res can do.

By the way, I'm not blaming Lasenza. Not his fault staff decided to allow that kind of res to be allowable in TWD and not TWL. But let's be real about it, the little skill he has is enhanced only by that enormous resolution. If he can do those type of things that regular great players do, using regular res, he'll be appreciated more. But my bet is, come TWL, those good radar shots are going to hit him like a ton of bricks.

Comment

there is an advantage using higher resolution whether it is an R1 or R5. It is considerably easier to play vs. people on lower res, whether you are rushing, shooting from close distance and especially when you have an all out radarbattle which is the primary gameplay in important games. Not to mention you can actually see people who are low on energy (they are on your screen as opposed to a dot on the radar.) you can save your teammates more efficiently because you can see patterns easier. Patterns that determine the flow of the game. I could go on.

Riverside had the best k/d ratio in twld playoffs last season. Digging up some irrelevant TWDD statistics says more about you than him.
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

It's nice to have a huge res and hide behind your team. While you're watching a warbird rush in for a kill on your teammate that they can only see on radar, you start to rush in for the vulch...that's how you stack up R1 & R2's on huge res.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
          It's nice to have a huge res and hide behind your team. While you're watching a warbird rush in for a kill on your teammate that they can only see on radar, you start to rush in for the vulch...that's how you stack up R1 & R2's on huge res.
          I agree. It is funny how many people claim they are able to rush when all they do is trade one kill for a death. That's also why they are nothing in TWLD.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobey View Post
            AKA; Hecklar doesn't even have to listen out for enemy shots being fired, no matter how far away he is (you stop hearing shots at about R3-correct?) he'll always be able to tell which enemy to rush just by looking infront of him. I'd say thats a pretty big advantage over the people who rely on sound and radar to team.

/dumbfuck
            who still plays with sounds on?

wtf.

Comment

Rescap

There will be a rescap this season in every league of TWDT.
              The max resolution will be 1440x1024.

I do this because people with 1920x1200 has an advantage, bigger radar, bigger map etc. That would be easier to dodge, finding the enemies faster and other stuff like this.
              Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post

I do this because people with 1920x1200 has an advantage, bigger radar, bigger map etc. That would be easier to dodge, finding the enemies faster and other stuff like this.
                fuck

you wanna let the newbies (me) have a chance, give them cheat res and cap everyone over 6* on 1440
                ez
                Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post

nice, now for twdd :grin:
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                    nice, now for twdd :grin:
                    Unfortunately Major did just one hell of a mistake by putting a resolution cap in EVERY TWDT arena. There should be no resolution limit in TWDT-B or TWDT-J as there is close to no advantage in having a higher resolution in those two leagues. Warbirds, however, are way different and that's the only league/division where you need a resolution cap for the game to remain competitive and fair.

Revert the changes in TWDT-B and TWDT-J back to non-capped. Keep the resolution limit in TWDT-D.

(I'll still use 1280x windowed, but I'm just saying this because there's people that expected that there would be no resolution cap, me included, in TWDT-J or TWDT-B)

Thus, revert the changes in those two arenas and we're good to go. Be smart, you don't even know how to play neither of those two leagues and Riverside is far from an accurate source to say that there's a huge advantage in Javs.

Comment

only way i dont know turbans resolution is if i ignore his posts completely, as long as I read one I am updated. thanks for this

Comment

no problem, sir.

Comment

The rescap in jav/base should be gone at the next games.
                          Major Crisis

Comment

Noo
                            (Children)>hunted for life
                            (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                            :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Rofl let at least one semi-competitive team-based event in this game have no silly res cap that does nothing but cater to players who cannot adjust their style out of their comfort zone
                              Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
                              1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
                              2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
                              Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
                              Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

Working...
                              X