FA Draft #3 -- Cranium has #1 pick, Commodo #2, Zizzo #3

Riverside (9/7/7) -- Commodo
    Paky Dude (8/6/6) -- zidane
    spawnisen (6/8/6) -- zizzo
    Lockdown (7/6/6) -- zizzo
    horror (6/7/6) -- commodo
    Knockers (6/5/6) -- Cranium
    gambler. (6/5/5) -- zidane

Final FA draft takes place 2:30pm EDT before WEEK 5. All trades and FAs are closed at 3pm EDT.

........., .........., .........., .........., cranium, commodo, zizzo, zidane
    zidane, zizzo, commodo, cranium, hulk, undercut, skatarius, pressure
    Last edited by ogron; 08-07-2014, 01:48 AM.
    top 100 basers list

Current Free Agency signups:

FA Draft #2 will take place Sunday, July 20, 2014 at 2:30pm EDT.

Kyou (9/7/6) -- skatarius
    Rendered (6/8/6) -- pressure
    Vash (8/6/6) -- Undercut
    Cross (6/8/7) -- Zizzo
    Izor (8/6/6) -- Cranium
    Gazo (6/6/7) -- Hulk
    Regen (7/6/6) -- Commdo
    Gilder (6/6/7) -- Zizzo
    Struck (6/7/7) -- skatarius
    ri$e again$t (6/6/7) -- Commodo
    CrimsonX (7/6/6) -- Pressure
    RUCCI (5/6/7) -- Zidane
    racer (5/6/6) -- Hulk
    auto
    (5/5/7) -- pressure
    Lofty (7/6/6) -- skatarius
    Frontal (6/6/6) --- Cranium
    Time Killer (5/5/5) -- undercut
    Skittl (6/6/5) -- Pressure
    TRANNYSAURUS REX (6/6/6) -- skatarius
    Tongiara (6/7/6) -- Zidane
    codec (6/6/6) -- undercut
    sm *SF* (6/6/6) -- Hulk

Ratings not Final until 1 hour before draft and subject to change.

Any veterans sneaking in on alias and bypassing the checks to play at low star ratings will be removed and banned should they play in any games. Please inform me or another TWDT op if you've been improperly ranked
    Last edited by ogron; 07-20-2014, 03:13 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Pick me for 5* jav
      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

do the free agents have ratings or do they all get 5/5/5?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
          do the free agents have ratings or do they all get 5/5/5?
          Given that this draft tourney is no longer governed by an overall star cap, people in free agency should really be rated to their own skill level. With the play a 5* rule in effect, I can't really see why a player joining late should be favoured over those who signed up in good time. (Caps would pick a 7* vet over a genuine 5* player every time if they could add either as a 5*)

Otherwise theoretically if any vet joined late they could get themselves onto a team as a 5*, which kind of pisses in the face of the star system and all those lower tier players who signed up on time.
          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

correct. players will be rated in the free agency.

Comment

alright, i figured. i just wanted to make sure. do oyu plan on adding ratings to the original post?

Comment

one thing i liked about EG draft league free agency was that you could only bid on one player at a time. it would be in the order for who signed up, they release one at a time and no one else could get in until that player was picked up by someone. not sure that would work out in this format, but just saying that i liked how it was run.

good story

Comment

one thing i liked about EG draft league free agency was that you could only bid on one player at a time. it would be in the order for who signed up, they release one at a time and no one else could get in until that player was picked up by someone. not sure that would work out in this format, but just saying that i liked how it was run.

good story
                  Yeah an interesting idea. My reasoning for ditching the bidding was that I find it absolutely ridiculous that there a 50 people sitting in FA during most seasons, people being dropped from teams just to get more stars to bid, all the while 2 teams end up forfeiting half their games due to lack of people showing up.

I want everyone on a team. Even if you don't get in you get to cheer for your team, meet new people, learn how leagues work, etc. Also since lots of people no-show your odds of getting in are always decent.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

VFX has removed himself from TWDT.

Taking player "Pity. (5/5/5)" off the FA market and placing him on Skatarius's team as a replacement.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

Any veterans sneaking in on alias and bypassing the checks to play at low star ratings will be removed and banned should they play in any games. Please inform me or another TWDT op if you've been improperly ranked a 5/5/5 or 6/6/6.

is there anything in place to compensate a captain for this if they get burned? or should they just know and ask that player beforehand?

Comment

is there anything in place to compensate a captain for this if they get burned? or should they just know and ask that player beforehand?
                        Zeebu as far as I am aware the Free Agency players will be alias checked before they are rated, so this shouldn't be a problem. But if somehow they bypass the checks, they will be penalised and I imagine any round they are played (as a 5 or 6 star) will be forfeited, except in cases where other players cover the minimum requirements: a legitimate 5 and 6 star are already being played (plus another for basing matches).

Not all fault can be placed on the ops, if a caps/assistants are aware of such cases they should contact the ops immediately so the issue can be resolved.
                        So yes zeebu there is potential for a caps to be 'burned' this way, so my advice to caps would be to contact ops if you suspect a player.
                        killing newbs since 2002

Comment

We'll take it on a case-by-case basis. Every alias is thoroughly check by mods, but we hear rumblings now and then of people planning to bypass the system. Mighty tried to get a high-level warbird in on alias to draft him at a low-level but we caught it, and I issued him a warning. If there's collusion with the captain, there will be repercussions.

If a captain gets burned by someone and we don't think it was fixed, we'll see. I don't want to penalize people for getting duped, but it's not really fair to the opposing team if a 9-star vet dropped 15 on them as a 5-star. I'm hopeful the situation doesn't come up.

The other issue is just for FA drafting. You're denying your services to someone who would have picked you in the FA at #4 and instead go to another team at #17. For instance, someone named "beanie" has signed up. He played like 10 base games last night, and MVP'd 3 of them and seems like a vet. His alias checks don't reveal much of anything and no one can tell me who he is. I know he played a bit on Penetrate and Sage on some other aliases no one really knows.

It's extremely hard to rate him and give captains a good idea of when to pick him. He could just be an old spider vet who is naturally talented, or it could be an alias of someone we all know using a different comp.
                          top 100 basers list

Comment

I'm a bargain, allow people i know to get me.

Comment

Signed up.
                              I am inactive and awful but I should be able to show up to most of the games, regardless of my team/captain.

Comment

Working...
                              X