Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe for next season we need more teams then to allow more 5* and 6* people to play?
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Thanks for the answers all.

I was mainly wanting to make sure that if I had been benched, that I knew that my captain had done what he was supposed to. I don't think there was any way of finding that out, so I didn't want to try to say "hey let me go to another team", especially since it's only been one match, and given the percentages and 5*s showing up, that it's likely there are more than enough people.

I think it's a tough problem for some: you want to get more people in the matches, but also you want to win, so you can run the risk of over time becoming cliquey. In my teams case, that isn't the case - I for example have only been able to show up for one base match out of all things the last two weeks, but hope to show up for more wb/basing. Javs... meh.

But since this tourney is to promote people getting more playtime, or getting a chance at it, I just wanted to see what steps were being taken for that.

I've responded to a later post which may have an idea on how to allow more people to play, but I don't think people would like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
        in addition, i see no good way to fix that this season. there are clearly better and more capable 5* players than others. just the way it is. if there were designations that also went for 1-4*s you could identify those individuals, but right now the system in place wouldnt know what to do with them. the system we have now is basically a 1/2/3 system. for the dueling events you need a level 1 player and a level 2 player or at least two level 1 players to have a legal line. in base its the same thing except you must play at least two level 2 players and one level 1. the 1s are the 5* players with the 2s being 6* players. 3s are just anyone rated 7 or above.
        See my one post. If you force a rotation among the people in the 5* package (i.e. everybody in the package who shows over the reg season gets to play at least once), that may help.

And definetly see your point on skill levels. Frx, I can't jav at all, but at least feel a bit more confident in wb, and I would like to base. But you need to get different people in the mix - a good idea for next year.
        Last edited by anti-lev propaganda; 07-09-2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
          maybe for next season we need more teams then to allow more 5* and 6* people to play?
          That's a start.

One thing would be to possibly force a rotation among the members of the package over the course of the season. i.e. you draft a 5* package, and if a person is benched twice, you must play that person sometime in the regular season before the playoffs. This may help get some 5*s a bit of playtime, but still keep things relatively free for the caps to use people to make the postseason.

Comment

After speaking with several captains, and looking over sets of new bds, I'm lowering auto to a 6 in base. There have been a lot more games like this (http://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90079366) than this (http://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90079160), and watching him play he's still rough around the edges, even though he should be really good in a few months. Also he was benched as a 7, and as a new player would like to see him get more experience, even though I think 7 is a fair rating, there are a few strong 6s (el pedo, wado, warportal) who are still stronger.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
            X