X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kentaro
    replied
    Originally posted by skyforger View Post
    Cup style is a decent idea to test run if squad leagues can still be a success. Qualify through TWD which will most likely have 6 to 8 active squads. Like in TWDT all but bottom 2 get in cup playoffs.

To promote activity and recruiting during the Steam promo period, could even put a spin on it where losing a TWD game does not reduce a squad's rating, or where participation actually gives a small amount of points and winning gives a good amount. Squads would benefit from some mix of active (and most likely rather shitty) players for regular season but the oldie vets would shine in the cup playoffs. Ofc timely roster lock and roster limits are a must. This might feel to commie to some, but I think it checks both crucial points we want 1) mass involvement in league 2) games that are TWL quality (the playoffs).
    The whole point to do anything similar like a TWL is not to water down to competition, there is TSL and TWDT for that already. Including the whole zone for this doesn't bring anything to the table that TSL/TWDT doesnt already.
    Last edited by kentaro; 12-04-2017, 11:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• skyforger
    replied
    Cup style is a decent idea to test run if squad leagues can still be a success. Qualify through TWD which will most likely have 6 to 8 active squads. Like in TWDT all but bottom 2 get in cup playoffs.

To promote activity and recruiting during the Steam promo period, could even put a spin on it where losing a TWD game does not reduce a squad's rating, or where participation actually gives a small amount of points and winning gives a good amount. Squads would benefit from some mix of active (and most likely rather shitty) players for regular season but the oldie vets would shine in the cup playoffs. Ofc timely roster lock and roster limits are a must. This might feel to commie to some, but I think it checks both crucial points we want 1) mass involvement in league 2) games that are TWL quality (the playoffs).

Leave a comment:

• Ricko
    replied
    Originally posted by Jones View Post
    ricko really wants that twld medal as the ultimate proof he is better than jessup

:P
    hah, not the case! That medal is not happening.

I just get minimal enjoyment out of TSL and TWDT (except last season of TWDT when I was on a decent team for the first time ever) as it's far more competitive so I actually want to log in to the game and put effort in.

But people are right; with the current climate TWL wouldn't work except for in a 4 squad format due to the current population, which would be much less fun than say an 8 squad one. The only hope this would have of taking off would be 1. Cash prizes 2. Vets all emerge from the woodwork (Fierce, Dice etc) due to TWL not having been done for a while and wanting to give the game a go again.

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    yall are dumb. if folks didnt make it onto the 2 or maybe 3 power squads, they just wouldnt show up. just get the best 30 or so spaceship pilots among whoever is left then split them in half and have them duke it out. you can go through the rigmarole of having twd qualifications and other squads if you want, but it wont matter. we will still end up where we've always ended up.

Leave a comment:

• Tiny
    replied
    Not enough to run a season with more than 4 squads, and super strict roster limits. Could put some sort of twdt spin where you could only have 5 starters per league on a squad with X rating level but could fill roster with infinite lower level players to reduce 1 team taking 10 javs left in game....just a thought and/or example....also, could just do a Cup instead of a league...4 teams...3 weekends...competitive match tourney with some sort of twd related qualification. more ideas

Leave a comment:

• kentaro
    replied
    I can't see there being more than 3 competitive squads in TWL whereas every other match may be a blowout. Why not introduce like a TWL lite where only the top 4 squads in TWD make it for each league. This way its a bit diff than TSL/TWDT where everyones included and TWD rating actually means something for qualifications.

I just dont see a bunch of weaker players logging consistently to get stomped.

I'm def interested if some sort of TWL like league can be done and wouldnt mind dedicating some time to help organize it.
    Last edited by kentaro; 12-04-2017, 10:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Heaven
    replied
    i mean we could def trying to bring back some sort of TWL...
    would have to be mid-january since holidays are coming up zone will be inactive aswell as we have the steam visibility round coming up in january aswell, will give a little boost in population and maybe some vets will return? if enough interest is shown im sure i can put together a team to work on TWL...

Leave a comment:

• skyforger
    replied
    Think that along TSL, we could easily start a fresh season of TWD or TWL.

There's Equinox, Envy, Dark, Dudgeon, LEGO, Patriots, SyFy that are all not completely dead and probably some else I'm missing. In worst of cases, we can use a drafting method ala-twdt to create 2-3 more competitive squads and the minimum we'd need is 6 so we're basically there already without need for drafting. For TWD everything is functioning and done already, just need to announce a season. As for TWL, our current roster of TSL Ops and others like Vys, turban, etc have the know-how to run a successful season. It's well worth a try.

Leave a comment:

• Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricko View Post
    lock team roster limit to 15 people for 3 leagues, decent cash prize for winning team and an adequate one for 2nd place (fuck it, we have donation money that's going to waste). BRING BACK TWL GLORY DAYS.
    ricko really wants that twld medal as the ultimate proof he is better than jessup

:P

Leave a comment:

• Ricko
    replied
    Originally posted by kess View Post
    While i much prefer TWL to these minor leagues, the truth is that our playbase simply doesnt allow a decent non-draft team league.
    lock team roster limit to 15 people for 3 leagues, decent cash prize for winning team and an adequate one for 2nd place (fuck it, we have donation money that's going to waste). BRING BACK TWL GLORY DAYS.

Leave a comment:

• Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by kess View Post
    While i much prefer TWL to these minor leagues, the truth is that our playbase simply doesnt allow a decent non-draft team league.
    this is the time to lower the flag-race to 5 minute rounds

slash it, slash it

Leave a comment:

• kess
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricko View Post
    also - let's just re-introduce TWL and have TSL running on a daily basis but without playoffs? I'm bored of having all these non-competitive leagues that mean zip, stop me from playing with the people I want to and are clearly giving bad players an ego boost because they've been bad for 10+ years but now have these leagues to feel some worth.

Leave a comment:

• Ricko
    replied
    also - let's just re-introduce TWL and have TSL running on a daily basis but without playoffs? I'm bored of having all these non-competitive leagues that mean zip, stop me from playing with the people I want to and are clearly giving bad players an ego boost because they've been bad for 10+ years but now have these leagues to feel some worth.

Leave a comment:

• Ricko
    replied
    Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
    Its absolutely hilarious how jessup can miss the point everytime. Good post Myth.
    this

Leave a comment:

• kess
    replied
    Originally posted by project dragon View Post
    No, no. He is clearly the pure and innocent victim.

The real victim is sentence/paragraph formatting.
    edgy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X