Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricko
    replied
    yep - what has made this game fun for most of us over the years has been the focus on team based games and squadding - with TWDT and TSL we have two somewhat solo based leagues left in the zone (sure TWDT is teaming, but can anyone really say they care if their team wins outside of the caps?).

Leave a comment:

• Markmrw
    replied
    Perhaps scheduled TWD games so people can play with the people they want to play with, but are actually guaranteed to get a game if they log in at a specific time.
    TWD has a borrow function already so if a team is short they can borrow. Could trail on non-TSL days. If there is interest I’m happy to do a bit testing, I know LEGO are keen to get some TWD action again

Leave a comment:

• afghan
    replied
    I agree with a lot of the people above about TSL kinda losing it's mojo. I think we've seen a recent return of more TWD due to the burnout from TSL/random freqs.

Leave a comment:

• Heaven
    replied
    what time we sacrifice a goat and call upon the TW council to make an executive decision to bring back TWL

Leave a comment:

• Crescent Seal
    replied
    TSL pretty much put a nail in the coffin for TWD which in turn sped up the death of TWL. It offers low quality shit games with a meaningless finals where nobody even bothers showing up. This game thrives on squadding. There is a reason elim died out over time. Solo leagues do more harm than good with a decaying population. Revive TWD and prolong the life of this game.

Leave a comment:

• zidane
    replied
    I'd be interested in another twl season, I have no interest in tsl anymore and would rather just twd.

I think it's possible to have 8 wb and jav teams and 4 base teams. We could also make it so wb/jav are separate from base, meaning you could be on 2 different rosters. I think this is the only way twlb could be decent and it's the only league that would need a major change to work. Just my 2 cents though

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    on a tournament with teams that small, and if the prizes are solid enough, you could let the caps schedule games whenever a host would agree to be available.

if no time slot can be agreed upon it would get set to a standard sunday slot. actually reversing that would be best, set it to a standard sunday slot and only allow teams to move out of it to another time during the week if both caps agree.

Leave a comment:

• Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by kentaro View Post
    5 games in one day might be difficult, I think everyone should play vs other twice at the very least. 6 teams, 10 Games should be a miminum I think with top 4 in playoffs. But games def need to be spread out, can you imagine doing 6 basing games in one weekend.... even 5 wb games sound brutal
    6 basing games is doable if it is to 5 minutes

Leave a comment:

• kentaro
    replied
    Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
    I miss the competetive games as well but TWL won't work as it was. Cash prize might work in a way zeebu described, or it might not.

Random proposal:
    Decide 6 veteran captains in wb/jav to gather teams of 6 and 4 captains to gather teams of 9 for base.

Leagues are seperate so different teams can be formed into different divisions.

4 week season which is cup based:

1st sunday - TWLD Cup

- everyone plays vs each other once.
    - total of 5 games
    - top 2 get into finals
    - tiebreak decided by +/-

2nd sunday - TWLJ Cup

- everyone plays vs each other once
    - total of 5 games
    - top 2 get into finals

3rd sunday - TWLB Cup

- everyone plays vs each other twice
    - total of 6 games
    - top 2 get into finals

4th sunday - Finals in all 3 leagues

- Best of 3
    - Wb first, jav 2nd, base last.
    - Winners get TWL Cup emedals

Us veterans get to enjoy competetive gaming for 4 sundays.
    5 games in one day might be difficult, I think everyone should play vs other twice at the very least. 6 teams, 10 Games should be a miminum I think with top 4 in playoffs. But games def need to be spread out, can you imagine doing 6 basing games in one weekend.... even 5 wb games sound brutal
    Last edited by kentaro; 12-04-2017, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ricko
    replied
    What made TWL fun was looking forward to each Sunday playing with your e-buddies and trying to build good lines and team chemistry across a season. Reducing each league to 1 weekend isn't really the point, that's more just a fancy weekend event.

Not to mention, it's the actual history and prestige of TWL that made it competitive.

The issue in recent years was the fact there were only 2-4 capable squads per league and every other team got smashed 50-25 so the regular season became more dull/meaningless. Only solution is to magically get vets back which at this stage has a 0.3% chance of happening. RIP.

Leave a comment:

• Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricko View Post
    I just get minimal enjoyment out of TSL and TWDT (except last season of TWDT when I was on a decent team for the first time ever) as it's far more competitive so I actually want to log in to the game and put effort in.
    i don't mind playing against 5 basers and/or getting my ass handed to me. the settings are still fun in 5v5 wbs. but i don't have any drive in me anymore like i used to. sure i can log on and prac a bit and try hard in playoffs next week but that's about it.

the zone being dead during my primetime is the only reason why i dont log on much anymore. i would love to play a dd or javduel every now and then and go to sleep at reasonable hours. pub sucks because it's about basing and too chaotic. it has been bad since the last pubsquads died. i'd rather play a bunch of elims than grab the flag.

Originally posted by ricko
    damn, it's been 15 months since the last TWL
    Cobra still #1 in javelins and basing. zidane, ease who?

Leave a comment:

• Dreamwin
    replied
    I miss the competetive games as well but TWL won't work as it was. Cash prize might work in a way zeebu described, or it might not.

Random proposal:
    Decide 6 veteran captains in wb/jav to gather teams of 6 and 4 captains to gather teams of 9 for base.

Leagues are seperate so different teams can be formed into different divisions.

4 week season which is cup based:

1st sunday - TWLD Cup

- everyone plays vs each other once.
    - total of 5 games
    - top 2 get into finals

2nd sunday - TWLJ Cup

- everyone plays vs each other once
    - total of 5 games
    - top 2 get into finals

3rd sunday - TWLB Cup

- everyone plays vs each other twice
    - total of 6 games
    - top 2 get into finals

4th sunday - Finals in all 3 leagues

- Best of 3
    - Wb first, jav 2nd, base last.
    - Winners get TWL Cup emedals

Us veterans get to enjoy competetive gaming for 4 sundays.
    Last edited by Dreamwin; 12-04-2017, 11:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turban
    replied
    do i need to make my grand return

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    it would be interesting if you said that the cash prize would be divided totally evenly amongst every person that began that twl season on that roster. that would probably limit the high level captains from adding superfluous folks. conceivably a 5 man team could win twld or twlj, giving each person a good amount of cash. you just cant allow people to not divide the cash evenly. that is the only way this would work. dont allow for the biggest contributors to get a larger reward and folks that didnt play just a little. you must force the cash to the winning team to be totally divided evenly. also the whole roster at the beginning of twl is what you have would get caps to think about who they let on from the very start.

if you really want more teams and a cash prize, thats how i see doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Ricko
    replied
    damn, it's been 15 months since the last TWL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X