Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWDT Season 2018 signups open!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I know major, but despite that staff still expects me to cap.. look at how ogron reacted when I didn't for the first time last season.

    Anyway I am 100% ok not capping if we have enough other options that would make it more fair. I will do what staff believes is better for quality of league

    Comment


    • #62
      I will not be able to show, can someone remove me from the list please? Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience.
      Trasher> lol hellrazor

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by zidane View Post
        I know major, but despite that staff still expects me to cap.. look at how ogron reacted when I didn't for the first time last season.

        Anyway I am 100% ok not capping if we have enough other options that would make it more fair. I will do what staff believes is better for quality of league
        Staff thinks people will step up randomly nowadays. Just like I have had to contact 10-20% of the list to signup, while I have nothing to do about coording this league. They expect stuff to happen out of nowhere. I dont think they know how much effort Ogron did in all these years to get equal captains and get players signed up.
        Major Crisis

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
          Staff thinks people will step up randomly nowadays. Just like I have had to contact 10-20% of the list to signup, while I have nothing to do about coording this league. They expect stuff to happen out of nowhere. I dont think they know how much effort Ogron did in all these years to get equal captains and get players signed up.
          Your help is appreciated, right now majority of our league team is having their summer off in the sun. If anybody has more connections to oldies who might want to play TWDT, drag them in, lets break 140 signups before draft Sunday.
          Last edited by Henry Saari; 07-19-2018, 01:24 PM.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
            I didnt give a hard no, said "leaning towards a no".
            Because I dont think its fair if you cap dw/zid/com against mediocore players like myself. Something zidane wont admin, is that he (and other named) have a huge advantage when it comes to picking team. I have never been an impact player (higher than 8 stars) and doubt I will now. While they only have to worry about 1 impact slot on the jav. As you can see of last season you knew Terrorist and Tiny's team were gonna be top contenders in jav, just because they had 2 10 star players from the start. The only reason these guys lost javelin, was cuz I was a bullshit 7 star.
            In base commodo/zid barely have to worry about sharks.. Any cap you select against those guys are fucked in my opinion. Thats why I told Henry to look for captains a little below that level. I suggested asking like me, racka, zizzo, tiny and so on. Racka and Tiny are high stars in their league, which will give them an advantage vs me and zizzo. While in other leagues me and zizzo will have a little advantage. Thats sounds more fair to me than capping zidane/dreamwin/commodo.

            Its not a coincidence that zidane/dreamwin reach finals almost every season they cap.

            Agree with Major here actually.

            IMO we need caps that are as equal as possible i.e. going by DW and zidane that means 2 league stars or so and also know the player pool in all leagues. If the player pool doesn't have enough such vets to cap, then go to other players that know what they're doing like Attacks, but gotta perk them up somehow in the interest of making this as competitive as possible. It could be via non-random picking order that favors the objectively weaker caps, or by pre-set giving them an extra worthwhile player (call it co-cap or not, whatever).

            Other option would be to go for exclusively lower skill solo caps. Might be good if they know what they're doing and stay interested, or might be a disaster if they don't.

            I prefer 1st option, while we introduce other players to capping by teaming them up to avoid the possible train wrecks.

            Comment


            • #66
              I wouldn't mind making my capping debut in 2018 if all other caps allow me to pick Dierienow
              Helios> this girl at the bar i meet we went home she was like eat my pussy i was liek go shower she came back out was liek ready am like who the fuck are u what hapopen to the other girl

              Comment


              • #67
                You are making it sound like we have only had success because we have a skill advantage. Sure it has impact but its disrespectful to think thats all it takes to succeed. Like zidane said we are doing a favor to the community by volunteering to cap and providing players with good quality experience in competetive tw league.

                Now that the population has declined the captains need to be somewhat equal value, though.

                me zid mythril trasher tiny +1, could happen. I'm up for conversation about co-capping too, anything works as long as it is somewhat fair.

                Postponing the draft was a good decision to provide some time to figure things out.

                T E R R O R I S T 2 0 1 8
                Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

                Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                The winningest TWDT captain of all time

                Comment


                • #68
                  I may give this cap thing a try if needed.
                  TWDT-D Champ x2
                  TWDT-B Champ

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                    You are making it sound like we have only had success because we have a skill advantage. Sure it has impact but its disrespectful to think thats all it takes to succeed. Like zidane said we are doing a favor to the community by volunteering to cap and providing players with good quality experience in competetive tw league.

                    Now that the population has declined the captains need to be somewhat equal value, though.

                    me zid mythril trasher tiny +1, could happen. I'm up for conversation about co-capping too, anything works as long as it is somewhat fair.

                    Postponing the draft was a good decision to provide some time to figure things out.

                    T E R R O R I S T 2 0 1 8
                    I will co-cap with dreamwin
                    4x TWLD Champion
                    Fierce For Life

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I just realized most of these problems would be solved if we just stop playing basing
                      Originally posted by jerome
                      can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

                      Comment


                      • #71


                        slash it
                        Originally posted by jerome
                        can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          The big 3 league vets stepping up to cap is huge for the zone, this ensures a quality league, hopefully we can get 1 more

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            anyone ever done a fantasy football auction draft? could do it that way. could give the gold star caps a slight disadvantage by giving them a little less draft capital to start with. make all the caps choose themselves for what would be a fair rate.
                            sigpic

                            1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Henry Saari View Post
                              Extending captain invitations to Tiny and Attacks.
                              Is skyforger involved with TWDT?
                              1:waven> u challenge
                              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

                              Originally posted by MHz
                              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                                Is skyforger involved with TWDT?
                                He's one of those who are enjoying their summer elsewhere. 99,9% chance you will deal with me or vys.

                                How about we confirm you as a captain now?

                                Edit: 4 caps confirmed: zidane, dreamwin, Mythril and Attacks (+co-cap to be announced later).
                                Last edited by Henry Saari; 07-20-2018, 05:37 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X