No announcement yet.

Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Dance Hall. The more I listen to the album the more I like it.
    DELETED

Comment

There's a difference in being good and selling out and just selling out off the bat. Besides the sound is different and it's not a change in the positive direction. I'm not afraid of popular music and those super-indie-rock-credits are worth a shitload.
      And I.M.H.O..LMNOP, This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about is the best, second place tie with Sad sappy sucker and Lonesome crowded west.
      sage

Comment

the only songs i have by momo are 3rd planet and paper thin walls. Are those from the new album?
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Yeah, I mean, I agree with Richard that they dumbed down their sound a little bit, but in my case, this makes me like the album more. I really really hate Isaac Brock's voice on a lot of their old songs, and on songs like Float On and The View, he doesn't use that annoying singing. Maybe I just need to listen to the albums more, but when I heard Lonesome Crowded West and Moon & Antarctica, I didn't like them, but when I heard this album, I liked it.
          5:gen> man
          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Modest Mouse was a good band until Jeremiah Green left. I do own the new album, but ill stick to there classics none the less.

Comment

Good :up:
              LA

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
                the only songs i have by momo are 3rd planet and paper thin walls. Are those from the new album?
                Negative, those two are from the moon and antartica.
                sage

Comment

Yea and The Moon & Antarctica also had that sweet song thats on that rad Nissan commercial.
                  Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                  Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Ohhhhhh gotta see, gotta know right now...
                    Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                    i just wish it was longer
                    Originally posted by Cops
                    it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

:up: ya this cd is good. my favourite of modest mouse's definitely is lonesome crowded west with probably builing nothing out of something a close second. this is a little different and at times kinda weird but still really good.

Comment

The moon and antartica is my favorite, but this one is really good too. Just because it's more accessable doesn't mean they've sold out and you have to start hating them. It's a good album whether it gets played on MTV or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                          The moon and antartica is my favorite, but this one is really good too. Just because it's more accessable doesn't mean they've sold out and you have to start hating them. It's a good album whether it gets played on MTV or not.
                          yeah and their float on video is pretty good imo (for a music video). if they're gonna sell out at least they're doing it in style.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                            The moon and antartica is my favorite, but this one is really good too. Just because it's more accessable doesn't mean they've sold out and you have to start hating them.
                            You'd be suprised.
                            It's a good album whether it gets played on MTV or not.
                            If it was a good album I would feel differently, however the two things go hand in hand, must be magic.
                            sage

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal
                              yeah and their float on video is pretty good imo (for a music video). if they're gonna sell out at least they're doing it in style.
                              That video is awesome to watch. its a trip
                              DELETED

Comment

Working...
                              X