TW Mafia: Dodgeball aka Revenge of the Voth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
    The sound of coughing, choking from the bathroom snaps you out of a haze. You carefully ease open the door, it looks empty. Graffiti covers the walls and stalls.

The sounds seem to be coming from the handicap stall. Your eyes glaze past a suggestion for a good time to find quite the opposite.

Jessup's face and hair were soaked and twirled from a not-your-typical trip to the bathroom.

She was the Computer Nerd (Mailman).

Begin Day 3
    What role is this WillBy ?

I thought Jessup was the doctor based on what Halp was saying. Looks like scum did too.

VOTE: PANDA EXPRESS though just because

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

What role is this WillBy ?

I thought Jessup was the doctor based on what Halp was saying. Looks like scum did too.

VOTE: PANDA EXPRESS though just because
      Mailman

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
        I'd love to see the mail jessup sent the two nights LOL

Again tho why we lynch sailor moon and not TP?

Originally posted by Turban
        everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

• OK, sorry fellas just got off from the 12 hour shift from hell. I'll start with my night results.

My night action failed. I'm assuming whoever stopped Jessup's N1 action decided to flip their attention to me last night. I'm more than happy to reveal who I targeted, but I almost wonder if it's better to hold off on that for now until we get more of a handle on what's going on in this game. Jessup's role is out of left field and I can't remember the last time I played a game with that role included. That being said, it appears she had no chance to utilize it at all for the benefit of town because she claims she failed N1 and I assume her night action would fall under "miscellaneous" in the order of actions Willby posted on P1, so likely she was killed before she had a chance to use that action tonight (not that she would be here to report on it anyway).

Another takeaway from last night. Looks like straight up town vs scum unless something bizarre is going on. Only one kill each night and the flavor texts aren't so opposite spectrum to keep the argument of a KILLING third party alive. I guess cult is an option too but no evidence of that yet either.

Panda is a tempting vote. Been suspect of (her? Him?) since D1 and has not done a thing to dissuade me from that point of view. Other options in my mind are Backwards for being a lurking scumbag who hammered Halp. He's a dangerous player and often underestimated for the lazy play, which is true sometimes and not others. Beast lurking in the background and chiming in with a vote or random nonsense as normal. Players like him are always the hardest read because I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped scum and I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped town doctor. I can't read the idiocy and it's really frustrating. Sailor Jupiter I took at face value as a VT when it just seemed so genuine when she hinted at it, but I could be underestimating.

Paul, Exalt... too good at this game to ever trust them but I don't have any reason to push a lynch on them either which sort of makes me nervous. I can't ever count them out but if either of them are scum they haven't slipped to my knowledge or suspicion yet.

Who have I missed? Vehicle is a total unknown. I'd like to hear more of what Paul alluded to about the possibility of LF and Vehicle being scum buddies, but it seems unlikely at this point unless I'm missing something. Should be everyone now I think.
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Oh wait... sailor moon is NOT Panda Express..... has Panda Express posted once?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by sdrawkcab View Post
              Oh wait... sailor moon is NOT Panda Express..... has Panda Express posted once?!?!
              facepalm

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
                Who have I missed? Vehicle is a total unknown. I'd like to hear more of what Paul alluded to about the possibility of LF and Vehicle being scum buddies, but it seems unlikely at this point unless I'm missing something. Should be everyone now I think.
                I thought about this the other day when Vehicle/LF were the two wagons, and I came to the conclusion that it doesn't make any logical sense for them to be scum buddies. Aside from Paul hammering his own RB on day 1, what scum bus each other and only each other so early in the game? There's no benefit to it. They were going after each other before you came out with the night info on LF as well, so it wasn't exactly a desperation move from caught scum. If it's the final lynch phase or something and Vehicle is still around, it's something to consider, but I really don't think it's a good possibility right now.
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• idk guys... going back and re-reading the very few panda express posts it sounds more like someone who you guys found playing some 30 year old game on the internet and convinced to join a forum game and they are relatively uninterested ... more than they sound like a 'quiet scum' but i guess it's hard to sound quiet isnt it... i'm going to stick with my gut

vote the_paul

Comment

• I don't have as strong a feeling today as I did yesterday about LF, so I'm going to post my read-list:
                    1. Voth - likely town
                    2. Beast - likely scum
                    3. Vehicle - me, an innocent townsman
                    4. Exalt - likely town
                    5. Sailor Jupiter - likely town
                    6. Panda Express -likely scum
                    7. Sdrawkcab - likely town
                    8. the_paul - likely scum

I am going to vote the_paul

My reasoning is thus: Paul has now been on or close to the block during both phases. Day 1 he was super defensive even after Halp was dead with posts like "how come I'm on your scum list, I didn't do anything, come play with me guysssss". And then last night he floats the idea that LF and I were in cahoots when anyone even casually reading the thread could see right through that. I was the first vote on LF (I think) and that was before Voth even revealed his info.

My town reads are not based on hard evidence, but I am pretty confident in them.

I dunno, I'm open to other options but I think this is the best bet with the information that's available. Please try to question my conclusions, I'm making this post in the hopes are sparking some debate.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I thought about this the other day when Vehicle/LF were the two wagons, and I came to the conclusion that it doesn't make any logical sense for them to be scum buddies. Aside from Paul hammering his own RB on day 1, what scum bus each other and only each other so early in the game? There's no benefit to it. They were going after each other before you came out with the night info on LF as well, so it wasn't exactly a desperation move from caught scum. If it's the final lynch phase or something and Vehicle is still around, it's something to consider, but I really don't think it's a good possibility right now.
                      I disagree. We had LF nailed dead to rights with a smoking gun. He was the overwhelming favorite to be lynched, because he was the only one we had any evidence on. Why wouldn't he say he tried to kill Vehicle if Vehicle was a teammate of his? This way, if Vehicle got lynched, LF would be strongly assumed to be town vigi and buy a ton of time. If (when, in this case) LF got lynched, Vehicle would be assumed to be town by most people, and drop off anyone's radar. I only say this because this is a play I would personally make. However, LF being a mafia goon makes it a safe assumption that his role is the least useful mafia role, so that's another layer of risk. I'm not saying it's a sure thing by any means, I'm just saying it's good for thought. I also note that as soon as I bring up that possibility, Backwards and Vehicle come out of the woodwork to vote for me. My voting record is 1 vote on Panda Express day 1, which was admittedly a throwaway, and 1 vote on LF the mafia goon. If I were scum, I think I could have made a pretty compelling case to vote for Vehicle based on LF's admirable Hail Mary. More food for thought.

I'm still sitting on my roleclaim, it seems likely I'll full claim today either way, but I want to save it in case I need to cc someone. I've dropped 2 pretty lame Easter eggs in the thread already just in case it came to this (I had to google them). At this point, backwards and vehicle having tunnel vision on me for some reason is probably noteworthy, but I'd rather apply some pressure to the other lurkers not named Backwards.

Vote PANDA EXPRESS. I'm also looking forward to hearing more from Beast and Sailor.

Jessup well done, honestly. I thought you were not subtly claiming doctor, but you had a relatively useless role and managed to draw a night kill. That's probably not quite a win by definition for town, but it's pretty close. Just wanted to say good game
                      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Also, Voth who did you target last night? This will be somewhat relevant if I do claim, but not super crucial, so if you'd rather not say thats fine too
                        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

I disagree. We had LF nailed dead to rights with a smoking gun. He was the overwhelming favorite to be lynched, because he was the only one we had any evidence on. Why wouldn't he say he tried to kill Vehicle if Vehicle was a teammate of his? This way, if Vehicle got lynched, LF would be strongly assumed to be town vigi and buy a ton of time. If (when, in this case) LF got lynched, Vehicle would be assumed to be town by most people, and drop off anyone's radar. I only say this because this is a play I would personally make. However, LF being a mafia goon makes it a safe assumption that his role is the least useful mafia role, so that's another layer of risk. I'm not saying it's a sure thing by any means, I'm just saying it's good for thought. I also note that as soon as I bring up that possibility, Backwards and Vehicle come out of the woodwork to vote for me. My voting record is 1 vote on Panda Express day 1, which was admittedly a throwaway, and 1 vote on LF the mafia goon. If I were scum, I think I could have made a pretty compelling case to vote for Vehicle based on LF's admirable Hail Mary. More food for thought.

I'm still sitting on my roleclaim, it seems likely I'll full claim today either way, but I want to save it in case I need to cc someone. I've dropped 2 pretty lame Easter eggs in the thread already just in case it came to this (I had to google them). At this point, backwards and vehicle having tunnel vision on me for some reason is probably noteworthy, but I'd rather apply some pressure to the other lurkers not named Backwards.

Vote PANDA EXPRESS. I'm also looking forward to hearing more from Beast and Sailor.

Jessup well done, honestly. I thought you were not subtly claiming doctor, but you had a relatively useless role and managed to draw a night kill. That's probably not quite a win by definition for town, but it's pretty close. Just wanted to say good game
                          I was sort of fist-pumping for you through almost the first two paragraphs of this post. It was sort of like "LET'S GO MY BOY PAUL IS TOWN WITH ME LET'S GOOOO!"

Then I saw your last sentence of paragraph 2. Just a few questions... what makes Backwards immune to scrutiny for being a lurker? If anything, he is the most dangerous lurker in the game, no? We have both witnessed him make game-winning and game-breaking moves while propping up that "don't give a fuck" facade. I see three main lurkers besides Backwards -- Panda, Sailor, and Beast. Panda I've been up for lynching since D1, Sailor I still believe is likely VT but that's open to change the longer she stays completely silent, and Beast is being Beast (who I admit I just simply cannot read game-to-game). I'm wondering why at a fairly decisive day phase, your focus is on those three rather than Backwards, who has done just as much if not more scummy shit by hammering Halp and ignoring any heat that anyone throws his way.

I get voting Panda out of self-preservation if it comes to it as the phase wears on if nothing changes. That being said, two votes dropped on you out of nowhere should probably anger you to a point where you want to look at those two (and apply pressure there) rather than some scrub lurkers who are basically a dart throw.

Just not quite sure how to take this, honestly.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                            Also, Voth who did you target last night? This will be somewhat relevant if I do claim, but not super crucial, so if you'd rather not say thats fine too
                            If people generally want me to reveal that, I'm happy to do it, but I do believe there is value in holding off on letting my complete train of thought for night actions out into the open. Let me know what you think. Basically, I simply got a "your action failed" result, so I'm assuming that I fell victim to the same person that made Jessup fail on N1. She was likely suspected as the Doc and obviously took the kill N2. Either way, let me know your thoughts (talking to everyone here) on if I should put out who I targeted.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Vote: PANDA EXPRESS

Comment

• I agree with the_paul on one thing: I thought Jessup was claiming doctor since Halp died as well and I bet scum-team did too. Your death protected the doctor so thank you for that?

Everything else is hogwash. You don't even have to re-read the whole thread to see through it, just go back and read the first two pages after Day 2 began. There is no planet where scum would go after their own in the beginning of the phase like that. Read everything before Voth nailed LF and ask yourself "Is Vehicle voting LF as a diversion?". The answer is obviously no.

Paul is taking his best shot at what he thinks is the easiest target today. I wasn't convinced of my vote before, but now I am. Bye Felicia. (Did I use that right?)
                                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                                Message has been sent to online moderators
                                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                                (Overstrand)>no
                                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                                X