Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalt
    replied
    So these are the participating forums this year, just so you know what to expect:

17th Shard
    Animal Crossing Community
    AnimeBase
    Art of Problem Solving
    ATAR Notes
    Austin Hidden Role Gamers
    B&C Gaming
    Bay 12 Games
    BisaBoard
    BoardGameGeek
    Boards.ie
    Braingle
    Bread and Roses
    Bulbagarden
    Canucks Community
    Chess.com
    CivFanatics
    CivFanatics MU subforum
    Comic Fury
    CycloneFanatic
    DailyMafia
    Dark Lord Potter
    Dark Side
    DebateArt
    Devil's Nest
    Dominating 12
    Dominion Strategy
    DSLReports
    Engineer Boards
    EpicMafia
    Everybody Edits
    Flash Flash Revolution
    Flipline
    Football's Future
    Football Forums
    Forums of Loathing
    Free For All
    Further Entertainment
    Gamataria
    GameFAQs
    GamePress
    Gare aux Garous
    Giant in the Playground
    GOG
    Good Gamery
    Grand Prix Racing Online
    GreyWolf communities
    Hattrick.org (Dutch)
    Hattrick.org (English)
    Hattrick.org (Portuguese)
    Hattrick.org (Spanish)
    Hattrick.org (Swedish)
    HeroClix Realms
    HogwartsWerewolves
    Hypixel
    IRON Forums
    Jambos Kickback
    JetNation
    Karma/1453
    Kongregate
    Kylä
    LA Gaming Circle
    Les Loups-Garous RPG
    Liars Club Online
    Lupus in Forum
    Lupus in Tabula
    Lynch or Be Lunch
    Maffia Sverige
    Mafia - A Game Of Trust And Deception
    Mafia.gg
    Mafia42
    Mafia451
    Mafia Colosseum
    Mafia Games Discord
    MafiaLandia/Fanficlandia
    Mafia Mystery
    mafiascum
    Mafia Universe
    Manga Helpers
    Mediavida
    MiniMafia
    MMO-Champion
    MTG Salvation
    Naruto Forums
    NationStates: 10,000 Islands
    Neoseeker - Interactive Role-Playing
    Neoseeker - Wrestling
    Nintendo Loop
    No Goblins Allowed
    Novel Updates
    Online Go Forum
    Paradox Interactive
    Paranoia Paradise
    PCM.daily
    Personality Cafe
    Planet Cricket
    Play by Post
    Play Diplomacy
    PokeBeach
    Pokemon Showdown
    PokerNet
    Rabbit Doubt Gaming
    Rajah
    RedCafe
    ResetEra
    rpgmaker.net
    SC2 Mafia
    SecretHitler.io
    SG Werewolves
    Shannii Writes
    Skwirl
    Smashboards
    Smogon
    Something Awful
    Spyparty Avalon/Social Deduction
    SSCU Trench Wars Forums
    Starmen.Net
    Stickpage
    Student Doctor Network
    Sufficient Velocity
    Super Mafia All-Stars
    TalkCeltic
    TarValon.Net
    The Avocado
    The Bell Tree
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    The Center
    The Giraffe Boards
    The Org
    The Sims Forums
    The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe
    The Sock Drawer
    The Syndicate
    The TvM Hub
    The World of Werewolf
    Thriller Bark
    Throne of Lies
    TORN
    Town of Salem
    Two Plus Two
    Ultimate Dangan Werewolf
    Ultimate Mafia
    Void Century Club
    W3D Hub
    Warwick Mafia Society
    webDiplomacy
    Weerwolven van Wakkerdam
    Werewolf (Mafia) Group
    Werewolf Online
    Werewolves Downunder
    Werwolf Online
    Wintreath
    Wolfia Discord
    Worstgen
    Wrestling Clique
    wrestlingsmarks.com
    XHF Network
    Zelda Dungeon
    Zelda Universe

Leave a comment:

• Voth
    replied
    I guess I'm down. I'd prefer not to have Jessup as an understudy though, because she is a bit of an embarrassment should I actually move on in the tournament and can't continue for whatever reason months from now.

I think some of you may be forgetting history a bit too much. While this is a silly mafia tournament, I don't think Jessup represents the best of us in any way. I'd much prefer ixt if given the choice, and that's saying something.

the_paul Don't be a pussy.

Leave a comment:

• Beast
    replied
    I cud join

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by sdrawkcab View Post
    Exalt you got me all excited with the @mention making me think you were hosting this is not that
    I'll host a game sometime soon if I get some time to make an interesting setup.

Voth/Jessup sounds like a good pair to send. Complete opposites in every way. Jessup might be a better sub than Voth if only because Voth is far more likely to get himself banned.

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    If we're doing this as a vote, Voth has mine, assuming Exalt doesn't want to run it back. Voth has definitely been on a tear though, he'd represent us well up until he gets permanently banned from those forums

Leave a comment:

• sdrawkcab
    replied
    Exalt you got me all excited with the @mention making me think you were hosting this is not that

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    I've got a bunch of IRL stuff going on so I won't be able to follow it but I think sending Voth and Jessup is perfect. It's like a yin and yang situation but the two inner circles are filled with sociopathy. We should demand they switch off which one of them is playing on even/odd days. Do us proud!!!

Edit: Don't feel like you're not allowed to nominate yourself Exalt. Feel free to play if you want to.

Leave a comment:

• Jessup
    replied
    Originally posted by LF View Post
    Only following this if voth kills jessup midgame
    You lucky he save ur butt by killing me or ud BOTH have been toast last game LF.

PS. If exalt wants to play he can too. I'd go and play though. Can we help our player if they ask suggestions in forum on what move to do?

Leave a comment:

• LF
    replied
    Only following this if voth kills jessup midgame

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied
    Voth/Jessup or Jessup/Voth sounds good to me. I'll be rooting for you!

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    So we need to decide whose going before May 7th. We choose the main person and a sub (if the main person can't continue for whatever reason).

I'm ok with any of you going, including Jessup. Just be aware that it is definitely a time sink for about a week or so, and lurking is pretty frowned on, not that lurking has ever been a problem for either of you.

Leave a comment:

• Jessup
    replied
    Originally posted by Voth View Post
    I read through some of the game you played, Exalt. Pretty full of tryhard faggots.

If we send Jessup, we never get invited again - that's for sure. Though the comedy of watching it might be worth the sacrifice.
    That's funny Voth, I would feel the same way about you if you were sent. I volunteer to do this!

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by Voth View Post
    I read through some of the game you played, Exalt. Pretty full of tryhard faggots.

If we send Jessup, we never get invited again - that's for sure. Though the comedy of watching it might be worth the sacrifice.
    I actually think they'd like Jessup. You and I aren't exactly the personality types they're used to. Jessup is more of the norm over there. Still, if anyone else has free time and wants to creatively insult a bunch of tryhards, this is the place to do it. Kthx would be the one to get us banned, but it would be hilarious to see how he does it.

Leave a comment:

• Voth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    started a topic Mafia Championship Season 8 Invitation

Mafia Championship Season 8 Invitation

Voth WillByVehiclethe_paulJessupsdrawkcabHalp kthx

I got a message on discord from the Mafia Universe people. Mafia Champs Season 8 is starting soon and we've been invited back.

For those of you who don't know, I represented TW Forums in Season 7 a while back. Long story short, it's basically a big tournament where a bunch of different forums send a representative and you get to experience playing against new people from a bunch of different backgrounds. In the game I played in, I was against Town of Salem, some pokemon forum, a magic the gathering forum, DSLReports forum, some gambling forum, etc.

As a warning, most of them are far more... PC... than we are used to in Trenchwars. I apparently shocked the shit out of some people playing the way I normally do, so keep that in mind. You will probably get us permanently banned if you joke the way we do on a normal basis here, but aside from that, it's not that bad. You just have to be more clever in your insults. Calling them a smoothbrained donkey will probably work, but saying they're a dick ducking faggot won't fly.

Oh, and they have a spectator discord with a shit ton of people watching and commenting on your play (which is interesting to read after the game). There's also a weekly twitch stream talk show thing. So eyes will be on you.

Anyway, here's the message I got:

"Hey Exalt! Season 8 of the mafia championship is starting soon; would you mind sharing the invite with SSCU Trench Wars Forums and getting rep selection hype going?
    [2:26 PM]
    Invite text is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing"

To save you all a click:

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 8)

Ahoy there!

I’m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 8 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 320+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It’s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part
    1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to Lissa as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot. Currently, the plan is to accommodate 150 communities this season. If there is further interest, additional communities may sign up as substitutes; generally there are some replacements needed both before and during games.

If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is May 7th, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
    • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
    • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate (a back-up) who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
    • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis!

1. SEASON 8 FORMAT

The tournament structure
    • 150 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    • QUALIFIERS: 10 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd place will advance to the Semifinal Games.
    • SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 7 will select 25 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
    • THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 8 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

This year’s setup: Gold Rush 15er

2x Mafia Goons

1x Mafia Roleblocker

1x Town Motion Detector

1x 1-Shot Town Vigilante (n2+)

1x Town Doctor

9x Vanilla Townie

Flips are alignment only.

Relevant mechanics info
    • Day start.
    • Majority elimination is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point for the elimination.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    • Thread is locked during Night Phases.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Motion Detector action.)
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia factional kill is mandatory.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
    • The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals alignments automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).
    1. SEASON 8 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifier Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates ranging from mid-May to the end of Junne. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

The Semifinal Games will be played in July/August, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Lissa#8083).

Kind regards,

Lissa

Besides that, if you really want to see how it plays out, here's the game I played in: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...a-Championship. It was kind of a shit show, but it was our first time. Whoever we send this time won't have to go in blind like I did. I'm just giving a heads up to anyone that might be interested. I did it last time, so if anyone else wants to do it, they can be the rep this season if they'd like.
Working...
X