Gears of War Wednesday: Emergence Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears of War Wednesday: Emergence Day

Emergence Day is Sunday, 11/12/06 (Across the Country), but the major cities should have it at around 5pm Wednesday. Who is playing it tomorrow?
    DELETED

hm

That's got to be worthy of:

Comment

leet, indeed. Here's the review sheet so far.. I think all the major sites are accounted for.

DELETED

Comment

My roomate is mad awesome, he works at a gamestop and gets all the games before they come out.

We've been playing Gears of War and Guitar Hero 2 for a week now.

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

You lucky fuck.
          DELETED

Comment

Gears of war is the most fun I've had on a video game in years.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

What is Emergence Day? Is it some day I'm missing when I don't have a 360 atm that will never be replicated afterwards?
              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Emergence Day: November 12, 2006. It was an online event for Xbox 360 Live where you can play Gears of War online with CliffyB, get a special Xbox 360 Theme and Gamer Picture that says "I played Gears of War on Emergence Day". Mainly it's the day that the distribution of Gears of War reached worldwide. Some places got it sooner than others, though, but that's the day where everyone should have it. I think they had some X Fire event, too with the [PMS] girl clan, or something.
                DELETED

Comment

Emergence day is part of the story of the game.

It's the day in our fictional history that the locusts and the horde gathered under every major city and attacked.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Also true. In the story "Emergence Day" is the day where the Locust Horde first struck the world of "Sara" (think Earth, similar, but not the same). On "E-Day", the Locusts took out about 1/4 of the worlds population and all of the world governments who were at war with each other banded together to fight the Locusts, but it was too late. Then, to prevent the Locusts from being able to use the natural resources of Sara, they used nuclear, chemical weapons along with ion lasers to scorch the planet.

The last of the human race retreated back to this plateau made of solid granite which was too tough for the Locusts to burrow under and attack them from. The main attack plan of the Locusts is a vast, underground tunnel network that lets them pop out of pretty much anywhere, at any time (called 'Emergence Holes') to attack.

And this is where you come into play. War is well under way against the Locust Horde for the survival of the human race.
                    DELETED

Comment

ill be getting it tomorrow when its released here.
                      Displaced> I get pussy every day
                      Displaced> I'm rich
                      Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                      Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                      Thors> prolly
                      Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Stupid liberals, SkyNet would have been able to make quick work of those locusts
                        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I don't wanna say "This is the most realistic war game I have ever played", because it's in the science fiction genre. But, the game mechanics are so steeped in this 'gritty-real' feel. I'll put it like this. Gears of War is to Video Game Shooters as Saving Private Ryan is to War Movies.

Take your Pre-Saving Private Ryan (SPR) war movies. And they never had that "Shit my pants" real, that SPR had. When you saw that opening sequence on D-Day, you already knew from that moment that his movie was 'it'.

Now, take your Pre-Gears of War (GOW) shooter games. And they never had that "Shit my pants" real, that GOW has. When you get through the first act, you will go "Holy shit, this is Next Gen!" and then go change your underwear.

And both SPR and GOW can do that, because they have the technology to do so at their respective points in time that blew the masses away.
                          DELETED

Comment

Any of you guys want to play some xbox live ranked games or player games for Gears of War? My gamertag is Evasiv

Edit: I was sorta disappointed in Emergence day I was expecting them to make some update that would allow you to join your friends in ranked games or to fix some glitches like hosts being able to start games when your short 1 person. There were some prizes available but the only way you stood a chance of getting them was staying up and playing for 12 hours straight, and although the guitar was pretty nice it wasn't really worth a solid 12 hours of sitting down playing a game, even though it's a really good game
                            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                            3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                            3:Best> see it coming
                            3:Best> sad

Comment

the game LOOKS nice yes,, but i find it very boring and not too much of a challenge, i beat it the same day i got it and i didnt take all day doing it. It's way too short and leaves out too much information (WHERE THE FUCK DO THESE LOCUST COME ABOUT?) anyways they left it like this assuming they'll make about 2 more at least. best looking game on 360 by far. the hardest part will be maxing out these achievments....10,000 kills on line?? "seriously"
                              "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
                              Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
                              " - Tyler the Creator
                              Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

Working...
                              X