No announcement yet.

Infinite acceleration?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful when you bring in an example moving at the speed of light. That's when regular thinking doesn't always work.

Comment

omg i just changed my mind again!

based on the proofen fact that a(t) is the derivative of v(t) and the derivative of a function f(x) evaluated at x=a gives the slope of the curve at f(a)

if light (or an acoustic wave) emitted in vacuum hits glass or water it changes its velovity. this provedure does not require time and a v-t graph for it would look like the a-t one i drawed above.
      the slope of this graph at the time of contact is infinite so the acceleration is infinite (or goes toward infinite, whatever).

kaZzoOm

back in 1 week

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffz
        only if you live in the boring world of reality
        Apparently you're not. Why in the world would the slope be infinite? You're just not getting the simple fact that infinity is not a number, but a concept.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

so what is it?

Comment

A concept of all the numbers can never end, and won't.

Also if you just smack the thing with a baseball bat as its excellerating, more than likely it will slow down.
            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

No one ever heard of the Improbability Drive?

Comment

I love you, Nailed.
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Nailed did you get that from HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy? hmm...

What are you guys talking about? How to achieve FTL (Faster than Light) travel?

Comment

To answer your first question, No he got it from the most recent issue of Wired magazine.

to answer your second question, just read the damn thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X