Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[DEPRECATED] Community-Driven Silence Program (!report)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look, just man up rab mkay? that's all people are really trying to say to you

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
      The world isn't a big HR department
      i lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by Sir BattyCrease View Post
        look, just man up rab mkay? that's all people are really trying to say to you
        Makes no sense. Pointless trolling as usual. Should be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          Makes no sense. Pointless trolling as usual. Should be banned.
          Do u even kill yourself bro

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
            Do u even kill yourself bro
            So when is this guy getting banned staff? Hello?

Comment

Saw this message for the first time today.
              Nothing seemed to happen in response.
              Is this message an indication that the threshold has been reached and a silence should be issued?

Code:
              [DISRUPTION]  Warcraft has been reported by multiple players for being disruptive/offensive. :tw-p:!report name:reason to add a report.

Comment

It'll show that when multiple people have sent in reports about the player either recently or in the past (expired reports). More expired reports are required for the message to be sent. But as of a recent update, it should send that message after every new report received once a player has hit a certain threshold, encouraging others who would like them to be silenced to take the time to add a report.

The system has so far been used to silence one person. We're also able to monitor stats about the use of the system, which is picking up somewhat, and may get more use after the notification messages start appearing more often.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

How many licks does it take Rab to get to the tootsie roll center of a faggot's tailpipe?

Comment

qan: How do I report that I like a user's comments? What if I'm offended that someone would silence good comments?

Comment

• I take a lot of verbal abuse daily, especially back when I was actually trolling zones full time. Would have like 10+ people insulting me for a few hours, though i never ignored anyone and never called for bans. Anyway, in the past staff used to netban for people evading ignores. My suggestion is to give an ?ignore evader a warning that *you will netban* for it, and tm_master won't save them, and then if they do it again, issue the ban. This shows people you're serious about it, which would put a stop to the behaviour. Outright net-banning for it when you've never done that for a few years wouldn't be fair, since people now expect not to get banned for it and think staff are push overs. But if people had a fair warning? then it's on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by qan View Post
                        POiD was working on an alternate version of the biller in which only two aliases are allowed. However, I'm not sure how easy it would be to bypass. (Undoubtedly there would be a way; then the way would be patched; then another would be discovered, and so on and so forth. It would certainly make it more difficult than it is now, though, which is to say trivial.)

Bots can and do automatically alias check players for the purposes of certain zone functions. However, alias checking is far from perfect. False matches are possible, and it's also not assured that a strong match will always register. In other words, any such system would be thwarted relatively easily. Or, if it were broadened such that it could not easily be overcome, it would then catch players under it who were not meant to be caught.

We would also probably need to allow Mac and Linux players to disregard the rule, or just outright prevent them from playing altogether.

But as voth points out, it's not as though many people are calling for the banning of aliases. Many people enjoy playing under aliases, and not just to annoy others, but to have some level of anonymity in a community that has ties dating back two decades, myself included. (If you tend to get a lot of PMs when you play that are unrelated to the game at hand, it doesn't exactly encourage you to want to play on that name.)
                        Yup that biller has been up and running on SSCJ Test Zone since July / August I believe. Current max was set to 2, for testing but its a simple table value to change if deemed appropriate. It's based on a registered email account, that users must authenticate by entering a received code at that email address. And it makes use of Continuum encrypted "special" data sent to track people. Information that TW bots don't have access to, just SSC does. Thus the system would be much more reliable than TW Bots are when it comes to alias checking.

Thus it should be fairly easy to track offenders working around it, and has the commands built into the biller to find them too. But that would always be a manual effort.

Comment

• This does nothing when reports are ignored. I've reported Tower for racism constantly, and it's ignore, but damn I tell him to suicide once and I get banned. Welcome to TW in 2019, SJW heaven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ippo View Post
                            This does nothing when reports are ignored. I've reported Tower for racism constantly, and it's ignore, but damn I tell him to suicide once and I get banned. Welcome to TW in 2019, SJW heaven.
                            Reports aren't ignored; however, single reports are NOT sent to the moderating staff. Mods are able to view who has been reported, however.

If someone is using racism or evading ignores, please use ?cheater to report them. (In the case of ignore evasion, please also take multiple screenshots, or even a video via your phone.)

If instead they are simply acting in a way you don't like (whether it is swearing, talking about religion/politics, talking trash, or even just talking too much), you should use !report. Then encourage others to report them (if you wish). When a threshold for reporting the undesirable speech is close to being reached, an additional message will trigger, asking other players to report. Finally, once the reporting threshold is crossed, the report will be sent to moderation staff, at which point staff are all but obligated to silence the person.
                            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

• Okay if it takes a threshold, why is it even a thing? It's basically telling people "You can be a dick, racist, zealot, spit pedophilic bullshit (Jehu), but not for too long." If you want the overall chat to improve, start with the main people always starting shit with people, Tower, Jehu, Manco to name a few, they don't play, they do nothing but sit in spec and spit off nonsense to the point that we HAVE to ignore him, it should not reach that point. Antagonizing people with nonsense, and keep getting worse and worse until people stop responding in both spec and pub, should be handled a lot better, and with less bias.

Comment

• I support this initiative. Make sure to include the new command in the in-game command list, accessed by F2, if possible.

Healthy and friendly pub chat/ community, leads to fun and thriving community. And I'm guessing pub is where players start out 9 outta 10 (some even stick to that mostly), so don't underestimate the importance of a healthy, thriving pub.

Comment

Working...
                                X