Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staff Abuse the rise of right wing censorship

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by SpaceShark View Post

    It doesn't matter what subject I discuss, Ive been muted for talking science, moon base race, or just normal chit chat,
    Right Wing Klan has it out for me, and I see it, staff as their enablers
    Every ban made contains a link to trenchwars.org/support to appeal. If you feel you're being treated unfairly, please appeal the ban. This begins a process whereby the ban has to be analyzed to determine if the rules were being followed in applying it. If you're having conversations with people about these topics (and not just monologuing to people who show no interest in what you're saying and just want to play the game), then mods are overstepping their reach and we need to fix that.

    If you believe that this is actually a case of mod abuse, such as if you are being targeted for holding certain political beliefs or because of who you are as a person rather than rules broken, send an email to twcomplaints@gmail.com with relevant logs / screenshots, if possible. I'm the primary person responding there, and if it puts you at ease, I'm not a Trump supporter. Some members of staff are, but I'd bet that they're probably a minority (though honestly I don't know -- or particularly care). We do not discriminate on the basis of political belief when enforcing rules or in hiring members of staff.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

    Comment


    • #32
      12 Harassment or otherwise insulting behaviour towards zone staff.

      I always disliked rules like this. Basically it guarantees that IF staff abused powers that any retaliation by the player is breaking a rule which prompts them to punish you further and then cite THAT as the original offence as well to cover their tracks. This sort of thing happened all the time in past, not because people were inherently abusive or bad, but only because it was possible to get away with it. You were more likely to get away with it if the zone owner themselves was corrupt or had a bias toward someone or if you were the zone owner. The existence of the rule in the way that it is worded opens up the possibility for abuse; that's all that's needed.

      The rule isn't great because it also implies harassment toward anyone else doesn't matter. Instead the rule should take the focus off staff, maybe be reworded to say 'Harassment toward groups or based on discrimination of who a person is 'staff, troll, veteran, noob' or harassment toward *anyone* is not tolerated. As well with a definition of what harassment actually is.

      I bet this rule is an antiquated relic from 10 years ago that either got copy and pasted into the new written rules or that those rules are already 10+ years old and were never re-written. Either way, if you're going to keep the same rules, and not apply any thought or consideration into what they are and how they are written, it's not reasonable to expect that staff abuse will magically disappear just because you believe staff is morally uncorruptable or unbiased, or better. Re-write the rules, get rid of rules that existed 10,15,20 years ago. We don't follow 'zone advertising' rule anymore because it's stupid. At least I hope we don't. A lot of rules are written badly from back then.
      Last edited by Falconeer; 04-15-2021, 04:13 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
        12 Harassment or otherwise insulting behaviour towards zone staff.

        I always disliked rules like this. Basically it guarantees that IF staff abused powers that any retaliation by the player is breaking a rule which prompts them to punish you further and then cite THAT as the original offence as well to cover their tracks. This sort of thing happened all the time in past, not because people were inherently abusive or bad, but only because it was possible to get away with it. You were more likely to get away with it if the zone owner themselves was corrupt or had a bias toward someone or if you were the zone owner. The existence of the rule in the way that it is worded opens up the possibility for abuse; that's all that's needed.

        The rule isn't great because it also implies harassment toward anyone else doesn't matter. Instead the rule should take the focus off staff, maybe be reworded to say 'Harassment toward groups or based on discrimination of who a person is 'staff, troll, veteran, noob' or harassment toward *anyone* is not tolerated. As well with a definition of what harassment actually is.

        I bet this rule is an antiquated relic from 10 years ago that either got copy and pasted into the new written rules or that those rules are already 10+ years old and were never re-written. Either way, if you're going to keep the same rules, and not apply any thought or consideration into what they are and how they are written, it's not reasonable to expect that staff abuse will magically disappear just because you believe staff is morally uncorruptable or unbiased, or better. Re-write the rules, get rid of rules that existed 10,15,20 years ago. We don't follow 'zone advertising' rule anymore because it's stupid. At least I hope we don't. A lot of rules are written badly from back then.
        That hasn't been enforced in a very long time, the rule about staff harassment, for the reasons you mentioned around potential for abuse.

        We've been meaning to re-write the A1 to correspond to the actual rulebook for about half a decade or more -- so it goes.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

        Comment


        • #34
          Where is the actual rule book?

          I'll write something up or fix the A1 for you if you have something written.

          Would only take me a couple of hours, could even write what I think the rules should be, and then pass it on to you to go over with staff for editing/changing.

          Like for example... for

          Harassment
          - persists over time
          - unwanted behaviour
          - generally you have to be told to stop by the person or it has to be made clear the behaviour is unwanted.

          Unwanted Behaviour can include: personal insults, derogatory jokes, racial slurs, expressions of disgust or intolerance toward a person (discrimination).

          I know harassment can be a one time thing as well, but I wouldn't moderate that. I prefer moderation that involves a clear indication to stop by the person and the harasser refuses to listen so *then* a moderator has to get involved. Before that happens I feel like it's between two people. If someone doesn't make it clear they dislike what you are doing I can't justify moderation. But of course staff or you could feel differently and just edit that part of the rule that I write.
          Last edited by Falconeer; 04-17-2021, 09:21 PM.

          Comment


          • #35
            The main issue is that it's 44 pages long. The Ban Ops are working on a condensed rewrite, though.

            Ever finish up the SSDLs reordering? I was pretty sure that was the death of the project, when you decided to expand the scope, heh. Should just put up the sorting as-is? Much better than what's currently there.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

            Comment


            • #36
              I stopped before I was almost done actually, and I gave everything I have to BIET (and I think you too)... but I was planning to finish it up. I left it all on my desktop so that I would eventually be forced to get back into it if I wanted to clear out these folders and take 10+ gigs of files off my desktop. So I'd like to say, soon it will happen...

              Yep, it takes a lot of talent to condense... have to be a really good writer to do that well.

              Comment


              • #37
                Sounds good! Let me know. I have your v1 of the sort, but it would be easier to do a single update rather than two.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

                Comment


                • #38
                  Way i see u got two options, Kiddo.

                  Option 1 ..... u stfu?
                  Option 2 .... smile and Watch ur fkn Tone?
                  4:BigKing> xD
                  4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                  4:BigKing> what did i do???
                  4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                  4:BigKing> ???? why though
                  4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                  4:BigKing> xD

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Option 3 .... para's mom


                    1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                      Option 3 .... para's mom
                      have some fkn class, asshole
                      4:BigKing> xD
                      4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                      4:BigKing> what did i do???
                      4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                      4:BigKing> ???? why though
                      4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                      4:BigKing> xD

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        just give everyone one stfu card for every 10 hours played in the game to be redeemed on anyone at anytime, let cancel culture wars begin

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by paradise! View Post

                          classhole
                          hehe


                          1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by SpaceShark View Post
                            just give everyone one stfu card for every 10 hours played in the game to be redeemed on anyone at anytime, let cancel culture wars begin
                            all that yappin...better watch out before you get Stuffed, Bud. Just fkn STOOFED.
                            4:BigKing> xD
                            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                            4:BigKing> what did i do???
                            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                            4:BigKing> ???? why though
                            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                            4:BigKing> xD

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              tw staff still running this dumbass appeal system on a dead ass game, please get my foot out your ass qan and tucker, both big time no brain bitchs runnin this game to the ground.
                              https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

                              Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

                              wbduel Map Maker Legend

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                                tw staff still running this dumbass appeal system on a dead ass game, please get my foot out your ass qan and tucker, both big time no brain bitchs runnin this game to the ground.
                                No one likes you or respects anything you say, kiddo. Move along, little man. Your tryhard tough guy routine is so boring. Wipe the Cheeto dust off your man rack and take a shower - it will help you relax.
                                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?


                                Duel Pasta> great
                                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face


                                Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY


                                TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X