---Cxi’s Farewell---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ---Cxi’s Farewell---

"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." - Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel

If you have time, feel free to read. I will try to keep this short, but I will not be re-editing or coming back to the forum to check replies.

The Beginnings
    My subspace story begins eight years ago, back at the turn of the century—2000. Flying around in a Lancaster in pub, I enjoyed the simple nature of being a newbie. Whether it was grabbing points before the bi-monthly score reset or just Levterring around, everything was casual. But as I learned the mechanics of ?go, ?chat, banners, squads, elim, events, etc., I became a more avid player. Funny how I remember I had to get 50 bounty in warbird to get on Dj Dynasty’s (Deny’s) squad “Envy_” or achieve a 2:1 kill ratio in pub to get on No Surrender. How silly times were. But it was with my recruitment to Misterio!’s Zero Hour, my first real squad, that I became hooked. As some would say, I had sold my life away to a 2d spaceship game.

The Rest of My Career
    The next six to seven years of my subspace “career” were sprinkled with random squads. My stay was sometimes longterm (a few months); but more often than not, my stay was short. Part of my on and off relationship with subspace was due to the fact that I was always playing other games: Starcraft in 2001; CounterStrike in 2002; Diablo 2 and the expansion from 2003-2005; and World of Warcraft from 2005-2007. One of my biggest regrets about this game was that I was never able to play a full TWL season. But as I look back at some of the more notable squads I’ve been a part of—Wildfire, Divine, Value, Dynasty, Sk8, Grapevine, Disoblige, Fistula, Stray, Lifeban, Dice—I really do have a lot of people to thank for my journey. Before I begin a long list of people I’d like to thank, I do feel obliged to give those who knew me the rationale for my leaving this game.

Why I’m Leaving
    As a junior at an undergraduate business school, I’ve been fortunate enough to receive an offer to work as an analyst with an investment bank for the upcoming summer. Beyond working 80 hours a week, I doubt I’ll have the energy (pun intended) to fly a spaceship. Real life calls and I must bid my goodbyes. I’ll always remember the smiles and laughs I’ve shared with everyone who I’ve played with.

Thank You List

Below is the list of some special people I’d like to thank in alphabetical order.

Bike – Buechner, good times. Still trying to get with the teacher’s daughter? Or maybe just get with nose-job girl. If you ever need help recruiting Major Crisis to your squad, let me know.

Blood – Your a good playr. LOL

Cape – You little emo Indian. I remember seeing your myspace page and thinking you were black—like mega. I don’t know if you remember, but we were actually on Wildfire together. I am going to thank you for saying you don’t hate me, though I know you do. And giving me the chance to get better before the axe banner comes out again. I’ll be leaving so you don’t have to worry about that. Cheer up, Cape. Sometimes I think your pre-arranged Desi marriage has made you more emo than Peter Parker. ZING? Just kidding.

Chuck – LOL nothing to say, see you over summer.

Confluence – From DragonGuard to Fistula to Metal. Thanks for having me on your squads conf. I wish you the best of luck in your subspace endeavors.

Delectable, Pascone, Deluge, War, Squadless, Method and the rest of the Divine/Alf/Value – To always be the only jav on a warbird squad, isn’t as bad as you would think. You guys were definitely some of the funniest people I’ve played with. Whether it was manipulating newbies or using gashi.exe, these were definitely the glory days back around 2003-04. I’m glad some of you finally won your TWLD championship. Thanks again for all the good times.

Dice – a2m, utsav, crip, ciggy, dreamwin, bill c, jra, dwop, tj, zid, grandazn, stayon, lefty, nemo. I didn’t know raunchy, foul-mouthed “DUM FUK” humor could be so great. I definitely had a great time being a Dicean for a bit. Keep the TWLB championships coming, good luck! Oh btw, Chief, I’ll remember to tell Divya your pick up line. Tu hai meri sapno ki rani $

Disoblige (Da1, dabram, mantra, desperate, phren, last standing, molten, etc.– thanks for recruiting me. Had fun playing with all you Euros. Good luck in TWL this year.

Fire Phoenix – Can I get a BOOYA? How’s Sumanya?

Megaman89 – Banyas, for about 4 years, I thought you were African American LOL. I’ve only truly gotten to know you for about a month, but you’re definitely one of my favorites. Not only are you able to play three leagues, and play them well, you were definitely one of the funnier Diceans, if not the funniest. Hahah the “chief? 5 feet on a good day” suspenders joke is a classic. Good luck with Left_Eye at your college, watch out for AIDs, and train TJ Hazuki to be the next three leaguer. Hopefully you’ll become <ER> like me someday. Now go win TWLJ Qt Pie |)

Mega Newbie & Elven – Sup you sexy Brazilians. Elven, I knew you from GV I think. But I enjoyed Stray for the brief month or two I was on the squad. I’ll miss you putaos.

Pummel - go pick my rice?

Randedl & Anon
    – Thanks for the Grapevine years. I can’t even remember that far back and I don’t even see you guys log on anymore. Hope you guys are doing well.

Ravage – Thanks for the Dynasty years. Keep playing subspace and stay out of jail lol.

Wax – You are single-handedly the most persistent recruiter I’ve ever seen. Or maybe it’s Ravage. But I think at one point, I blocked MCWTBA (sp?) from my buddy list. You should consider being a college football recruiter, I think you’d be good at it . Thanks for everything, good luck with Pirates.

Vys
    – Very young slut. Funny how I met you through a duel to get onto your squad lifeban. Always remember who won, even if you were tired. I don’t know what it is about you, but it’s funny to see someone talk about the many girls he’s banged quite frivolously. And of course, I believe it’s your time this year to win TWLD. Not that your ego is already inflated enough, but in my 8 years, you are probably the best warbird I’ve ever seen play. Sorry for leaving lifeban after TWL round 3. Take care of your mum and don’t be afraid of big bro. Good luck with Fear.

If I missed your name, it was sincerely unintentional. I'll miss all of you, and all of trench wars. GOOD LUCK!! |)

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss

cya nxt week
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

It's funny how I can have played since 99, and seen the name cxi however many times, and probably never talked to you. Oh well, best of luck with the hectic schedule.
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

In kind of the same boat as NN.. i've seen you around a lot, but never spoken to you. Ah well, good luck in the future.
        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10
        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

:crying: :unsure: :bye2: WHAT??????
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
          1:waven> is if im going to prison
          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

I did happen to know CXI for quite some time, and he was truly a great guy with a good heart. Don't worry my friend, real life is more important than this game. Hope you found what you're looking for.
            TWLD Champion 'Season 11'
            TWLD Champion 'Season 14'
            Trench Wars Veteran

Comment

lol war posting on the forums

bye cxi
              violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
              [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

My friend!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! kisses!!

Comment

mega newbie always gay as usual
                  9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                  4:Nimrook> No?
                  4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                  4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                  4:Akuun> ROFL
                  4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                  4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                  4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

oh maan cxi, sorry to hear u quit :/

Anyway we had some good jds together, gl with ur job.

luv u :bye2:
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Good luck with school Cxi. I enjoyed playing with you over the years.

Vys might get his title this year, but Pierce won't! lol
                      TWLJ Season 5 Champion
                      TWLJ Season 9 Champion - Syndicate
                      TWLD Season 10 Champion - Syndicate

Comment

sala harami

later cxi, take care
                        chief

Syndicate- TWLJ Champions Season 9

Dice- TWLB Champions Season 10, 11, 13

Mootland Farmer

Comment

I'll miss you my asian brother Ching Xiang Iing. <3 you always and gl irl man
                          1:megaman89> dont leave me

1:megaman89> great
                          1:megaman89> made my gf emo
                          1:requiem> LOL
                          1:Ri$e Again$t> /wrists
                          1:megaman89> not gna buy me food for a week now
                          1:megaman89> jesus fuk
                          1:Chief Utsav> this is me
                          1:Chief Utsav> caring
                          1:megaman89> gna starve

1:Cig Smoke> what u noobs talkin bout
                          1:Sauro> its an a b conversation cig smoke
                          1:Cig Smoke> and im about to (C) ur way outa here
                          1:grandmastahs> LOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by grand View Post
                            I'll miss you my asian brother Ching Xiang Iing. <3 you always and gl irl man
                            god cxi ur dick is fukin huge like 10 azn's in a kung fu movie LOL
                            zidane> big play
                            Omega Red> dwop sick
                            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

o so our little get togethers on friday nights meant nothing to you? :X
                              1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
                              1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

Working...
                              X