Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add low res arena in twdd5 (1280 x 1080)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add low res arena in twdd5 (1280 x 1080)

Edit: make that twdd4
    Reasons include:
    • The game was a LOT faster with lower reso, it's why we have the current res cap
    • The bot capability is already set up according to sum1 i spoke to on staff a while ago
    • I dont really see any cons or any risks in doing it
    • Nostalgia
    • Imagine sprackle being sprackle w lower reso
    • i undirstind ppl will say i want 2 do this because i suck in this current reso
      • they r correct othirwise i wud not create a thread but i wud vote yes
    Ye lets try it out
    75.00%
    Na dun do it
    25.00%
    Last edited by Riverside; 05-20-2021, 09:57 PM.

Do you mean 1280x1024 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
      Edit: make that twdd4
      Reasons include:
      • The game was a LOT faster with lower reso, it's why we have the current res cap
      • The bot capability is already set up according to sum1 i spoke to on staff a while ago
      • I dont really see any cons or any risks in doing it
      • Nostalgia
      • Imagine sprackle being sprackle w lower reso
      • i undirstind ppl will say i want 2 do this because i suck in this current reso
        • they r correct othirwise i wud not create a thread but i wud vote yes
      Good idea. Honestly, that’s the truest form of old-school WB.

Comment

Any reason why you think this time these settings will actually be used? During the 5-6 months these settings were available in twdd5 only two games were played in total.

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
          Any reason why you think this time these settings will actually be used? During the 5-6 months these settings were available in twdd5 only two games were played in total.
          The 6 months you're referring to was no res cap, which is the opposite of what I was asking for.

Comment

The no res cap is in TWDD4 (previously TWDD3), and the low res cap was in TWDD5.

Comment

i think the only way to do this right riverside is to completely overthrow TW staff and implement 1280 res cap zone wide with an iron fist. just like pretty much any other game is set at a capped res and a set field of view. because this makes sense.

keep in mind that unless im mistaken the res cap was created specifically for the creation of the new TWL league. ogron is going to say im wrong or something according to epinephrines thing, but the first four seasons of TWL were structured as a different league and was WB only i believe. during season 4 you had the very first season of 8v8 basing, TWBL, the first time it was structured 1 terr 2 sharks 8v8, then season 5 the whole league shifted along with the creation of the automated TWD system, and TWL was born. and for all this the developers of the zone (prob Dock>'s decision) made the very difficult decision to introduce res cap for the sake of the burgeoning competiive scene and despite very intense backlash, including from people high up in the staff like smod fieryfire.

i dont know what the ufck happened between then and whenever it was lifted, but it was a mistake and probably not thought through very well.

edit: or it was done by a jav. i like big res in jav and it would be weird to have a res cap in one league and not the other - though personally i still think itd 100% be worth it. but a hard sale. so shrug.
              Last edited by Poseidon; 05-28-2021, 02:54 PM.

The Mind of the Father
              Riding on the subtle guiders
              Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
              Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
                ^This^

Also the vast majority of players play on 1920x1080. It's 2021, and thank god we can use these resos because otherwise the game would look even worse. Your preferred resolution is not the right resolution. And 1280 should certainly not be the maximum.

If it provides such an advantage, start using it.
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

^This^

Also the vast majority of players play on 1920x1080. It's 2021, and thank god we can use these resos because otherwise the game would look even worse. Your preferred resolution is not the right resolution. And 1280 should certainly not be the maximum.

If it provides such an advantage, start using it.
                  spoken like a true idiot

The Mind of the Father
                  Riding on the subtle guiders
                  Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                  Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post

spoken like a true idiot
                    Enjoy your 1v1 with Riverside. I'll let you know if I find the allele you're missing.
                    Last edited by Vehicle; 05-30-2021, 02:44 PM.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                    X