X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~update for week 6~
    DT-D done
    Dt-J done

I will do basing tomorrow after IRL work.

Claushouse Turban had a look and had no luck either. I will probably remove the filter views ability to function and just pre-sort it by rating, which is still on my to-do list to try to balance. If I do I will revisit it again for the next event to see if I can get it working, there has to be a way, it's just not co-operating right now. I have some theories, but not the time right now to test them. I will increase minimum time played for stuff'n things to 45 minutes for dueling leagues and at least 60 for base for this week. I should probably change that to some sort of % of average time played or something so I don't have to keep changing it.
    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
    (10 seconds later)
    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

great stuff, nipple, thanks.

my personal feeling is that it is your work and your authorship, and you should exercise editorial discretion and sort the stats in a way that you feel is best. players always have the option to copy the sheet and sort it differently, anyway.

for minimums, i think the whole point of averages is that they're an average of a large sample size. averages have no value if the sample size sucks. it's more important to be fair to people playing almost every game than it is to include as many people as possible. i don't even know if i would go by minutes, since there's a large variance between 15-30 minutes. Maybe GP would be better. Probably at least 50% of the games played. Players below that threshold will still have their counting stats displayed, just not their averages.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Took a nap that turned into hibernation for 12 hours lol, updated basing this morning. Games played might be a better, or at the least an easier way to approach it, I will look into that at some point this week. It's all about trying to find the balance of opinions of everyone (including myself) and what is fair. I completely agree that someone with only 2 games played shouldn't be leading in "per game or per minute" type stats.

It's all trial and error trying to get everything in a good spot. If I can get everything working how I want it to be, one of the next tasks I want to do is to make a "career" one and collect as many seasons together as I can, also separating playoffs from regular seasons.

Temporary fix for sorting thing, I set up a filter view that is pre-sorted by rating.

In other news....."2:beam> so draft tried to cheat and enter FA under another name cuz saiyan benched him" <----LOL...

(10 seconds later)

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

~update for week 7~
          DT-D is done
          DT-J and DT-B will be done tomorrow after work.

I am going to ditch the filters. I presorted DT-D them by *, then secondary by rating per minute. (still need to find time to tweak this). This is a great way to see how players are doing compared to other players with the same * and not a bad way to tell who needs to be bumped up/down next season if I keep it this way.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
            ~update for week 7~
            DT-D is done
            DT-J and DT-B will be done tomorrow after work.

I am going to ditch the filters. I presorted DT-D them by *, then secondary by rating per minute. (still need to find time to tweak this). This is a great way to see how players are doing compared to other players with the same * and not a bad way to tell who needs to be bumped up/down next season if I keep it this way.
            once again tracking rating per minute in wb/jav is the most retarded thing u can do cuz it just adds value to fast blowout wins and makes close wins that drag out and actually test a player's ability significantly less valuable it makes sense in base because not every game lasts the same amount of time and kills rack up until time is up but in wb/jav every single game ends once a team gets 50 kills
            Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

DT-D
              TEAM RP TP W L W% K D K-D K/D KPM DPM LW
              demonic 14 2:57:47 13 1 93 695 547 148 1.27 3.91 3.08 1
              haze 14 3:13:16 10 4 71 653 622 31 1.05 3.38 3.22 4
              malevolent 14 3:13:50 9 5 64 647 594 53 1.09 3.34 3.06 3
              mastirs 14 3:38:22 9 5 64 644 604 40 1.07 2.95 2.77 2
              terrorist 14 3:03:31 8 6 57 616 592 24 1.04 3.36 3.23 5
              blast 14 3:14:47 5 9 36 611 648 -37 0.94 3.14 3.33 6
              power 14 3:47:17 4 10 29 623 648 -25 0.96 2.74 2.85 9
              slay 14 3:29:58 4 10 29 613 666 -53 0.92 2.92 3.17 8
              spelunky 14 3:10:20 4 10 29 596 653 -57 0.91 3.13 3.43 7
              patouf 14 3:01:44 4 10 29 541 678 -137 0.80 2.98 3.73 10
              Thought we had loads of close games that went to the wire, most time played and we have more kills than Terrorist who have twice the amount of wins as we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                DT-D
                TEAM RP TP W L W% K D K-D K/D KPM DPM LW
                demonic 14 2:57:47 13 1 93 695 547 148 1.27 3.91 3.08 1
                haze 14 3:13:16 10 4 71 653 622 31 1.05 3.38 3.22 4
                malevolent 14 3:13:50 9 5 64 647 594 53 1.09 3.34 3.06 3
                mastirs 14 3:38:22 9 5 64 644 604 40 1.07 2.95 2.77 2
                terrorist 14 3:03:31 8 6 57 616 592 24 1.04 3.36 3.23 5
                blast 14 3:14:47 5 9 36 611 648 -37 0.94 3.14 3.33 6
                power 14 3:47:17 4 10 29 623 648 -25 0.96 2.74 2.85 9
                slay 14 3:29:58 4 10 29 613 666 -53 0.92 2.92 3.17 8
                spelunky 14 3:10:20 4 10 29 596 653 -57 0.91 3.13 3.43 7
                patouf 14 3:01:44 4 10 29 541 678 -137 0.80 2.98 3.73 10
                Thought we had loads of close games that went to the wire, most time played and we have more kills than Terrorist who have twice the amount of wins as we do.
                exactly why every per minute stat is not just useless but actually counterproductive when evaluating performance in wb/jav

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post

exactly why every per minute stat is not just useless but actually counterproductive when evaluating performance in wb/jav
                  You spend more time in this game trolling than anything else which is why I tend to ignore most of your feedback regarding the sheets. But I can give you an example on how it's not useless. Let's look at the 10* Warbirds for DT-D. Mythril is in 2/6th for 10* players. He only has 6 rounds played because he was a free agent. Without time into the equation he would probably be last place for the 10* players.

Let's look at the 9.5s where you sit. Saiyan has way overperformed you and the rating shows it. Lockdown has very simular stats as you and you have ratings that match that. Comparing you with Lockdown I probably have to lower win points to maybe 5 instead of 7 they might be weighed a little too heavy but that was intended since, well winning in the end is what matters.

Some of us actually have lives and struggle to make every single game. If I wasn't my own boss I know I wouldn't be able to make every Sunday. Some are also free agents so putting time into the equation helps balance this out.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

You spend more time in this game trolling than anything else which is why I tend to ignore most of your feedback regarding the sheets. But I can give you an example on how it's not useless. Let's look at the 10* Warbirds for DT-D. Mythril is in 2/6th for 10* players. He only has 6 rounds played because he was a free agent. Without time into the equation he would probably be last place for the 10* players.

Let's look at the 9.5s where you sit. Saiyan has way overperformed you and the rating shows it. Lockdown has very simular stats as you and you have ratings that match that. Comparing you with Lockdown I probably have to lower win points to maybe 5 instead of 7 they might be weighed a little too heavy but that was intended since, well winning in the end is what matters.

Some of us actually have lives and struggle to make every single game. If I wasn't my own boss I know I wouldn't be able to make every Sunday. Some are also free agents so putting time into the equation helps balance this out.
                    yes so you can use kda for people with lower kill and death totals kpm is a useless stat which you basically just admitted that you only added to your stat page to make yourself rank higher. it's just extremely hard for me to take you or your stat sheet seriously when you clearly have absolutely no understanding of how wb/jav works and refuse to take criticism on things that you are obviously wrong about

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

In dueling leagues statistics such as wins, staying alive (not eliminated), and number of players knocked out are quite valuable. High points for first and second knockouts.

Average kills and kill to death are also quite telling of how useful a player is to the game. Negative points for getting eliminated early.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                        In dueling leagues statistics such as wins, staying alive (not eliminated), and number of players knocked out are quite valuable. High points for first and second knockouts.

Average kills and kill to death are also quite telling of how useful a player is to the game. Negative points for getting eliminated early.
                        these are all absolutely fine metrics to use unlike kpm dpm or any other per minute stat in wb/jav which are completely useless and serve the opposite goal of what rageritual is supposedly intending by rewarding 50-20 blowout wins. my stats this season are obviously bad my wb team is 4-10 so any algorithm you use will put saiyan way ahead of me when he's 13-1 and having a historically great season in terms of kda so I guess you were trying to insult me by saying that but again just like your per minute stats you come off as really dumb

edit: realized this post looks kind of weird quoting turban and responding to rageritual
                        Last edited by beam; 09-14-2020, 12:24 PM.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

~update for week 7~
                          completed stats for week 7

kpm is a useless stat which you basically just admitted that you only added to your stat page to make yourself rank higher.
                          beam Point proven you're an idiot that has nothing better to do with your time but troll. Really sad that your life is so bad you need to try to make stuff up about someone else on the internet to make yourself feel better. You really should hold yourself to a higher standard if you're going to continue to run events. Never did I admit to putting any stats in just to make myself rank higher. Look at my terr rating it's complete garbage and 2nd lowest currently.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

Thanks for week 7 updates, RageRitual 8.3.3
                            zidane> big play
                            Omega Red> dwop sick
                            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

~update for week 7~
                              completed stats for week 7

beam Point proven you're an idiot that has nothing better to do with your time but troll. Really sad that your life is so bad you need to try to make stuff up about someone else on the internet to make yourself feel better. You really should hold yourself to a higher standard if you're going to continue to run events. Never did I admit to putting any stats in just to make myself rank higher. Look at my terr rating it's complete garbage and 2nd lowest currently.
                              alright man since you're clearly too much of a blockhead to accept any feedback and want to disregard everything presented to you that doesnt agree with you as "trolling" then its pointless to continue trying to improve your stats page to something thats a little better than whale shit so carry on and do whatever you want

actually looked at your stats page for the first time today as I was just dismissing it as garbage all season since hearing that you were including kpm and dpm into your calculations at the beginning of the season and it's even worse than I thought. If you won't listen to me, I strongly advise you ask some other wbs/javs how useless those per min stats are cuz I promise you that you are the only guy who thinks they aren't hot dog water
                              Last edited by beam; 09-15-2020, 08:35 AM.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

alright man since you're clearly too much of a blockhead to accept any feedback
                                Making stuff up isn't feedback.

actually looked at your stats page for the first time today
                                Yet you have been complaining since I started.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

Working...
                                X