• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Hot or Not: Week 2

TWDTD

Haze vs Mastirs (50-44)

Written by: violence

violence> this mitch was close for a long time with bith teams fingirink each othir, howefir sprackil took ofir w/ support from jirrisic n n a bilinced lineup, n mastirs waste an 11-10 from 6* mouse and an amazink effirt from creature
    violence> as efery1 else sukd a massif dik
    Riverside> in my review i will b writing i belief the style of ur team 2 slow paced
    Riverside> wud u like 2 say anything 2 this
    violence> we dun haf a very aggrissif team and when no1 othir than creatire cud shoot an nemy theres a percintige chince we cud lose

Written by: Riverside
    Sprackle (16-7) continues to shine as one of the most under-valued players in the leagues, with many of his kills starting off ridiculous 6-0 starts. JURASSIC (13-9) did a great job of supporting, and Warrior (8-9) had 3 big KO's that gave Haze the advantage. Dak (5-10) had an especially tough game with many quick deaths, with vys (6-10) and Hellzno (4-10) not doing much to help. Mouse (11-10) did rack up kills, but he still has a lot to learn for Mastirs to not continue to 5v4. A big showing by Creature (18-10) who got his ass knocked out by yours truly.
    Hot: Sprackle, Creature, JURASSIC

Haze vs Power (50-42)
    Written by: Riverside

JURASSIC (13-9) keeps showing out, having himself another big game. This game was pretty tight throughout, but combined efforts from Warrior (11-8), Sprackle (11-8) and assembly (11-10) saw Power lose the game away halfway through. By that point, the tempo was Haze's. Iron Survivor (12-10) racked up a solid score, with Kassius (6-10) & Lofty (7-10) dying out pretty early if I remember cirrictly.
    Hot: JURASSIC, Warrior (5 KO's this weekend)

Mastirs vs Terrorist (50-36)
    Written by: violence

(violence)>2nd mitch 6* mouse dies out 3-10 1 instint into the game, howefr we had a 23-19 lead at the time, and thanks 2 an incredibil 14-8 from 7* mean gene, and regular carry from creature, and 14-2 from vys, we fingirblist these pissints

TWDTB

Terrorist vs Spelunky- 3:33-15:00
    Written by: Vehicle

With no Mark or Porkjet in sight, Terrorist struggled to do much. The POiD/Vehicle combo never really got its groove and spiders were consistently fighting an uphill battle in the flagroom, when they could get there. A last minute lagout from Chief at 3 to 12 minutes likely sealed terrorists fate. If ogron is the opposing terr and you barely notice his presence, things did not go well foor your team.

Hot: Azuliune: While Spelunky's spiders did work, their sharks had total control of the cram and flagroom, keeping Terrorist from getting much of anything going. Azulines' 15 kills, 3.07 rpd and 1 tek might not look astounding on paper, but the flagroom control from Hulk and Azuline was so good the rest of the team didn't need to do much.

Not: Terrorist's sharks. Poid (7.5*, 2.6 rpd, 3 tks) and Vehicle (8* and 2.8 rpd) got rolled by the 10* hulk and 8* Azuline. Vehicle and POiD never found a good rotation and were actually a detriment to their team at some points. A POiD mine in the bottom left of cram while the whole team was being pressured there contributed to Chief Ustav's 15(!) deaths, and was a metaphor for how the duo played overall.

Terrorist vs Haze - 15:00-9:48
    Written by: Vehicle

Bram tried. What more you can say? Their whole team was outmatched and, while Terrorist is still learning what exactly a cram is, Haze was no match for Terrorist is flagroom. Terrorists' decision to field a greater-than-8-star shark at the expense of losing Jamal in spid looks like it paid off, but the Riverside/Sprackle duo is far from airtight. Just watch out for those shraps.

Hot: JAMAL demonstrated how far a shark switch can go with 24 kills, basically 3.0 RPD and 3(!) teks. Terrorist was able to control flagroom fights and keep control of the flag thanks to his ability to push and cause chaos. Honorable mention goes to midoent (113-59, 1 tek) whose 8.5* rating often makes him hard to fit into lineups. As the only spid over 100, he proved he should be in the rotation.

Not: Rough. I'm 99% sure he was under and as one of the most experienced unders in the game, he (as captain) should expect more out of himself, going 72-50 with a 9% k/bul with his under support farting even worse (eel, 67-61). Terrorist's unders were dominant, with Rasaq and BIET both racking uop 95 kills and 11% k/bul. If Rough wasn't under, he should be even more embarrassed.

LOL two typos in mine.

The Not for the first match should say "mine in the bottom left of flagroom"

And the Not for the second match should say "faring" not "farting"!!!

I thought other people were going to write these too and now I feel singled out.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

I can probably write short Hot or Not posts featuring our matches sometime later this week and might continue doing it for our future matches.

Comment

TWDTD

SLAY (47) vs. SPELUNKY (50)

This proved to be a scrappy yet fun to watch game with a Slay team 0-2 ready to redeem themselves and a hyped up Spelunky bunch ready to bust their hopes. You can't really ask for more when it comes down to 3 points separating a win or loss in a matchup but I won’t lie that there was a couple moments where I considered we might end up on the losing end of it.

Predictably we won the game albeit close. What I didn’t predict was Slay to fall 0-3 in warbird at the start of DT with the amount of talent they have. It the case where we all know Slay can and SHOULD be winning games in this division, they just haven’t found the winning formula yet though I think they are getting close as they did finished their last game of the weekend with a win bringing their DTD total to 1-3. If you are a fan or member of Slay—there’s still hope for them to turn it around; at least in DTD. We’ll have to see if their win after losing to us was a fluke or if they found the right pieces from the likes of Trasher, Steadman, Zapata & 24. I think week 3 will answer a lot of our questions and concerns for Slay’s DT woes and I know I look forward to seeing how it all plays out.

As for this match if I were to sum it up into a single phrase it would be the “battle of the low stars” as Diakka 7.5 and Azuline 7 made waves putting up 27 points combined while Aggi put up 10 for his team. Not bad at all. As for the likes of our heavy hitters, we were just as surprised as everyone else when Ease, Zapata, 24 and Trasher threw up lackluster performances this game and just didn’t look all that good on the field.

Not all the high tier players struggled to this game however. Ogron whom graduating to a 9 star in warbird this season has been a controversial topic of discussion but I think he’s beginning to silence his critics about it by proving once more this weekend his rating wasn’t a mistake with another strong performance against tough opposition. There was more than meets the eye as he rallied the troops to victory keeping the enemy on the back foot allowing Diakka and Azuline to swoop in and gain those crucial kills. He really did a great job this game and is worth noting here.

Slay came on strong possibly sensing blood in the water when Ease despite all his best efforts, just could not get into a rhythm. JZ who had insane hype pre-season was absent Week 1 and in his DTD debut ended in disaster forcing Spelunky to sub him out for a guy named Terminator 17. Jz left us with more questions than answers and I think we are all interested to see how his story unfolds this season and if the hype was real or not. It was at this time when Ease was able to make substitutions mid-game that the momentum shift began and Spelunky was able to regain composer to turn the lights out on Slay.

Slay has the firepower but they really need start mitigating mistakes soon and always putting their best foot forward at the beginning of a match. Guys like Zapata and 24 were a massive let down costing the team a victory. Aggi their 6* who is another former Extreme Games player raised some eyebrows this weekend with his performance. Steadman, who in between rants about BLM protest and butt jokes was still able to put up a respectable game up along with one of my favorite players and peoples in this game; Trasher who unsurprisingly held his own weight and then some. Slay could of actually beat us this game had they fully exploited Ease being off like he was but like last week, they keep shooting themselves in the foot and losing games to self inflicted injuries. Will they be able to turn it around? Time will tell. I wouldn’t count them out just yet but they’re going to be fighting uphill until they can right course.

So many players did good this game honestly and it was one of the hardest HoN’s to date but I did my best.

HOT: Diakka 7.5* (14-9), Aggi 6.5* (10-10) Runner Ups: Azuline 7* (13-10), Ogron 9* (10-9), Steadman 8.5* (13-10)

NOT: 24 8.5* (6-10), Zapata 9* (6-10) Runner Ups: Ease 10* (7-9),Jz 7.5* (1-5)

SPELUNKY (38) vs. DEMONIC (50)

​​​​This was to be my “Match of the Week” and no I am not obligated to say this as an Spelunky player but I will say the game before ours; Blast vs. Demonic had my attention and was up there too. Demonic up until the point of us facing them here in Week 2 has been undefeated and I knew that if any team can topple these guys it could be ours but much like everyone else so far who has gone up against them this season, it’s been a massive blowout largely in thanks to Morph putting in herculean performances week in & week out with this encounter being no different.

In theory Demonic’s premier birds Morph, Saiyan and Bacon by all means should have been far more exhausted after having just laid Blast's RaCka & Co. down to rest. Most would find themselves juiced as that would have been no easy feat to do but nope, these guys are fueled by copious amount of Mt. Dew, horrible rock music and you know.. satan--because they never let off the throttle once or even so much as blinked the entire round. They seemed possessed and hellbent on winning.

Ease having gone to Hell & back before in the actual game Spelunky was able to defend against such an relentless onslaught himself but this cannot be said for the rest of the team which floundered against such evils. My advice for my readers who have to play against them in the future would be this; douse yourself with holy water before entering the arena unless you’re a filthy masochist who wants to watch an reenactment of the Exorcist movie where the head of Morph’s ship is spinning around in 360’s while he’s puking on everybody until they die tragically. If that sounds fun to you, ignore my advice because you'll be in for a real thriller!

A bit from my perspective is we went into this match with most of the team riding on a high coupled with an pissed off Ease ready to redeem himself from his last outing in which he massively underperformed. Usually, as most of us know by now when Ease gets fired up and I can confirm he was; time has shown it doesn’t bode well for anyone standing in his way of that “W”. In his defense watching the game in spectate, it could of gone our way or at the very least been much closer if we were able to pick up on what was wrong sooner and it would have been much less embarrassing being beaten basically 3v5 as Posedion & OG Smurf were basically nonexistent. Heaven proved a clinch sub for Demonic and that should be noted here as he was able to stay alive and go 1 to 1 against a very pissed off Ease. Not worthy of a being in the “Hot” column but noteworthy. My man Bacon put in more than his fair share of insidious works of pain against us and while it hurts it was against my team, I am stoked to see him putting time back into this ship as he’s a fun warbird to watch. His 16-6 was one of the best performances of the entire weekend, so hats off to him. Very impressive!

Because it is my team that lost here I won’t delve any more into why or who if anyone could of done better or what if anything went wrong. I’d be putting my squad at an disadvantage so it’s up to you dear reader to do that yourself unless you were present to watch in maybe which you would of already deduced some of your own theories. In my squads defense it was a lot closer than the score board says and other than Ease, everyone else was only negative 3 which even in loss is good. We have moved since moved on and now have our sights on Week 3. All in all, it was a very strong team effort but at the end of the day Demonic outplayed us and walked away victorious.

HOT: Bacon 8* (16-6), Morph 8* (14-8)

NOT: OG Smurf 7.5 * (0-6), Poseidon 7.5* (4-9

Last edited by Grasps; 08-11-2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Nice use of gifs. +1
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

LOL great write up! Loved it
            Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

What happened to these?

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
                What happened to these?
                I think there's just too many games each week for people to take on the task. I'm sure we'll see HON in playoffs but hopefully someone decides to do some writeups for regular season too. We all miss it
                Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Working...
                X