Ratings changes for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings changes for next season

If you see ratings that seem wrong, post them here so there's a reference for adjustments next season.

ogron as a 9* warbird is laughable

Comment

cape's 9* in twdt-b is way too high, guy still couldn't win last season. lower it to 8*, then maybe he can win something not hiding behind ridiculous dice/pandora stacks.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Dutch baser is understarred. Been saying that since the beginning
        J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
        8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

There's specially way to many active low guys underrated in multiple divisions, and older/inactive overrated (few exceptions are under) and a few top player's 2nd or 3rd ship being very underrated.

My suggestion would be scrapping 0.5. Could make it simpler, since alot of players on any given day can play 0.5 above or under on a match. +1 difference above is very hard to achieve, going under is easier but that would mean almost losing on purpose.

Basing also has a neat phenomenon that the other two leagues don't have, the general overrating of players as a whole in terms of the true meaning of such ratings when compared, and it's true effectivity within a game. The difference between high players from basing to the others is brutal.
          Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
          Your friend,
          ​​Papi
          ​​​​​

Comment

keep setting up leagues cause your bleeding for wins

Comment

TPZ - currently unplayable in wb and jav
              Wb: 7=>6.5
              Jav: 7.5=>7

Comment

Ur not a 6.5 broski

Comment

7 is spec every time so obvs 7 is too high.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                    7 is spec every time so obvs 7 is too high.
                    the simple reality is that w 10 teams there are essentially 50 spots in Jav and WB for every cap to lock in what they perceive as their $$ line, and theres a lot more players than 50; just because you are always benched doesnt mean u should get your rating changed, tho perhaps it means you should just get better.

The Mind of the Father
                    Riding on the subtle guiders
                    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                    Of relentless Fire

Comment

I have no interest in getting better. I haven't practiced in months. Which is why I'm getting worse over time not better. Which is why my ratings should be lowered. U have some idea in ur head about how good I am but it's based on play u saw years ago.

Comment

Rab, just because you’re accurately rated and your captain doesn’t think you’re worth adding at that rating doesn’t mean your rating should be lowered. Can’t just break every player’s rating who gets benched. Maybe practice more so you can be broken at your current rating instead of saying "fuck practice, lower my rating"?
                        Last edited by Pressure; 08-25-2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I'm not accurately rated. Overrating someone then blaming them for not trying to upskill to make the rating accurate is dumb as shit.

Comment

I think in general most 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5 and 9 stars are broken. In the old days 8 stars were twl impact players, now its more like a "consistent twl starter" which was a 7 star in the old days. This all basicly says that the playerbase has gotten closer together when it comes to skill. While I feel like isnt true.

We used this for years:
                            10*Top 3-5 player in your league
                            9*Top 10 player in your league
                            8*Impact TWL starter
                            7*Consistent TWL starter
                            6*Impact TWD player/ Started 1-2 TWL matches
                            5*Average to above Average TWD player/ TWL Sub
                            4*Low Average to Poor TWD player
                            3*First time TWD'er
                            2*Pubber
                            1*If you are given a 1* rating you are being alias checked or are potentially a cheater and are being verified by staff

Comment

I think we should do away with .5's like Stayon says, really surprised they came back to start with. I'd also say we should start going back to using 5's, possibly even 4's and decrease the star cap to compensate. Doing this should in theory be more accurate and create more consistency. An 8.5 to a 9? Doubt anyone other than maybe Ogron using a spreadsheets would be able to guess. Flat ratings on the other hand like 5 to 6, 6 to 7 and so on is much easier for us to mold a player into. I also suggest if a player crushes a DT in their rating, whether 7, 8 or 9 at the end of the season they get a bump up right then and there. We need to start making this easier to do ratings every season with hopes broken ones decrease since every dt it's an issue.

PS: Not naming names but for those same people who cry every dt season "ive not been active, no way am an (x)*. Unless its more than 5 years, I don't think we should ever budge. This game is like riding a bike and if those said people when ratings are being made, log in a few times before dt starts, they'll be right back into the groove.
                              Last edited by Grasps; 08-25-2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X