X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AGREE WITH STAYON

NO MORE RATINGS

MORE TEAMS

would also be thrilled to separate the leagues and have 3 drafts leagues each w 10 captains, tho ppl cud cap all 3 if they wanted but theyd ahve 3 rosters. have this dreadful twdd league made for 13 yo's hanging on to basing coattails and holding it back from being as copmetitive and fun of a league as it could be

edit:

at least just kick out WB and make them have their own league.

will legit be better for every1

The Mind of the Father
    Riding on the subtle guiders
    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
    Of relentless Fire

Comment

People do not play at a singular rating but on a bell curve of ability. In javelin, I feel like I can play anywhere between a 7-10* level, with an average somewhere above 9. It's true in all sports, from chess to tennis. In chess, you have an Elo system which factors in this bell curve of ability, and becomes more and more accurate with the more games played. This is why olde thinks he can beat all the 10* players, because he HAS beaten all the 10* players once or twice, but that sits way way at the top of his bell curve average.

Most rating systems will be flawed for this reason - because we don't have perfect information, or an Elo system, so we arrive at ratings based on intuition, notable past performances, and anecdotal information. Despite this, our rating system is surprisingly accurate, owing to our small and active community.

One other reason for the success of our rating system, is it doesn't really matter. The difference between top and bottom simply isn't that big. The worst average somewhere around 0.7 KPD and the best 1.4 KPD. "Bad" players still have considerable utility - which is why a TWDT team composed of 4x10* players (playing a man down) has never been successful. If you just randomised 5v5 games from the pool of TWDT players you would probably still get decent(ish) games. For this very same reason, it is better to start ratings at 6* (60% maximum value) rather than 1* (20% maximum value) - as this maps nicely to averages in KPD between the best and worst.

Major discrepancies happen more in TWL, because there is a compounding effect of putting multiple good players together.

So to all the usual suspects whining about ratings- just relax, and enjoy the game. This is about as good as it will get.

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

turpin i hope u vsd ursilf in the mirrir n applegized 4 disgracink ur fimily aftir that post, biggist waste of time i efir c. ty beamir willpi heafin wirih n whoefir else i think the ratinks are 95% pretty gud and 95% of playirs in twdt are havink gud time xcept 4 a few pipsqueaks who haf their shirts permanently tucked in eefin when they gi 2 sleep and cant binch their body weight 1x or haf physique of invirtid eggplint w/ skinny fat syndrim and a sunk in chest u cud eat a biwl of cereal out of

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
          People do not play at a singular rating but on a bell curve of ability. In javelin, I feel like I can play anywhere between a 7-10* level, with an average somewhere above 9. It's true in all sports, from chess to tennis. In chess, you have an Elo system which factors in this bell curve of ability, and becomes more and more accurate with the more games played. This is why olde thinks he can beat all the 10* players, because he HAS beaten all the 10* players once or twice, but that sits way way at the top of his bell curve average.

Most rating systems will be flawed for this reason - because we don't have perfect information, or an Elo system, so we arrive at ratings based on intuition, notable past performances, and anecdotal information. Despite this, our rating system is surprisingly accurate, owing to our small and active community.

One other reason for the success of our rating system, is it doesn't really matter. The difference between top and bottom simply isn't that big. The worst average somewhere around 0.7 KPD and the best 1.4 KPD. "Bad" players still have considerable utility - which is why a TWDT team composed of 4x10* players (playing a man down) has never been successful. If you just randomised 5v5 games from the pool of TWDT players you would probably still get decent(ish) games. For this very same reason, it is better to start ratings at 6* (60% maximum value) rather than 1* (20% maximum value) - as this maps nicely to averages in KPD between the best and worst.

Major discrepancies happen more in TWL, because there is a compounding effect of putting multiple good players together.

So to all the usual suspects whining about ratings- just relax, and enjoy the game. This is about as good as it will get.

Well said
          1:waven> u challenge
          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

fkin sh1t-jif pig-faced cint

Comment

Rough
              Wb: 8.5 => 9.5

Sprackle
              Wb: 8.5 => 9

Scurvy
              Wb: 7 => 7.5
              Last edited by Rab; 09-13-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Solace -> 10

I should probably be rated like .5 lower in each ship. In my opinion, pretty much everyone else in my current rating for each division is better than me for the most part.

And yes, before anyone calls me out, I am partially saying that because I wish I could play more lol but I also think it’s more accurate, again, in my opinion. Idk, check my stats and TWL history. Been kind of wondering why I was hyped up when I returned since I never really accomplished anything great before quitting.
                J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

since i haven't been able to play in twdt for 2 seasons my ratings obv broken. not 1 game.. def need to make me 6 across the board. People who dont get to play need to be lowered..
                  TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                  TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

y'all really making this too complicated.

at 15+ years of many of the same people playing this game, skill levels plateau at regional levels where people at pretty similar, the small differences are minute, especially in a team game.

you set rating from 1-5.

no .5 decimal.

1-5, 5 is a player that when they make a mistake, you write an article about it.

1 is a player who has a challenging time understand the basics of d, j or b, 2 understands basics, is not dependable to not make mistakes. o ya double negative.

1-10 is bad, especially if 1-5 aren't being used, we basically have 1-10 from 5.0 to 10.0.
                    1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                      since i haven't been able to play in twdt for 2 seasons my ratings obv broken. not 1 game.. def need to make me 6 across the board. People who dont get to play need to be lowered..
                      Jessup No offence intended here Jessie but your ratings are fine. I was able to play you in DT-J and DT-B, would have played you more in DT-D but the line ended up having two 10s in it and you weren't a bad enough player to fit. The problem is not with your ratings but rather socially. I personally have never had any problems with you but many others have. Getting added into DT isn't just about skill, it is also somewhat a popularity contest.

Try to have better interactions with the player base. This is something I myself have been trying to work on too so I know within this community that can be hard to do. Also in Warbird, your main ship, you need to work on teamwork better.
                      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                      (10 seconds later)
                      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

apt it's been explained half a dozen times why we can't do a 1-10 system, it would need a complete re-work of ratings and realistically nearly all DT players were be minimum rated at a 6 anyways due to weightings. There's a level of statistics here that's seemingly beyond most people even when it's spelled out. In a 1-10 system, probably the only scope for <6 is literally a player that just plays pub and mostly in a levi.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                          apt it's been explained half a dozen times why we can't do a 1-10 system, it would need a complete re-work of ratings and realistically nearly all DT players were be minimum rated at a 6 anyways due to weightings. There's a level of statistics here that's seemingly beyond most people even when it's spelled out. In a 1-10 system, probably the only scope for <6 is literally a player that just plays pub and mostly in a levi.
                          yeah, 1-10 is no good.

If you read the post, I suggest 1-5 rating, with even whole numbers.

15 years into Trench Wars, there are not 10 different levels of skill to differentiate between players, which is exactly what 5.0 to 10.0 is, a 10 point system, could be a 100, but we are only using whole numbers and .5.

Having 10 points of rating someone in this game, is overkill and confusing and not seamless.

1-5, whole numbers only, is easier to digest and easier to rate players on.

2-3 is average/above average. 4 is great. 5 is excellent. Most players will fall under 4 and you'll have 1-2 star 5 players and a supporting core of 2 & 3.

Whole numbers overall are just easier for everyone to understand and articulate according to merit vs the current 10.
                          Last edited by apt; 09-14-2020, 03:24 AM. Reason: grmr suqs 2 hi
                          1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

On a side note, since my team needs a miracle, instead of playing and capping in 3 weeks, I'll have time to help with HON (+ Hall of Shame) for playoffs, since I know y'all eager to read something.

I'll do basing and jav, would be nice if someone could do wbs, since dt times messes too much with dinner / bath / putting girl to sleep.
                            Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                            Your friend,
                            ​​Papi
                            ​​​​​

Comment

If you force teams to play with exactly five players then the 6-10 rating is exactly the same as the 1-5 rating. If not, to compare, in the first rating, you could do (10/10/10/10) vs (8/8/6/6/6/6) while at comparable star cap for the 1-5 rating you could do (5/5/5) vs (1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1). The 6-10 rating would make more sense.

I'm neutral concerning the addition of .5 tho

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                                That's bullshit. Its all about your playstyle. From a 7.5 people expect more than just a hiding/lobbing player. You got enough skill to be useful if you actually tried to change your style. No team can use a 7.5 thats on 4 while rest of team is dead or on 8-9. Either keep up the pace there, or get in some suicide/lures at enemy high deaths. In elim you work 'fine' cuz u r alone.

And yes what rage said is somewhat true. You are always blaming everyone but yourself. Try to compare yourself to others who are added as lowstars and adapt. Be less salty and work with the positive critism people have been giving you have few times now.

Comment

Working...
                                X