Ratings changes for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post

Jessup No offence intended here Jessie but your ratings are fine. I was able to play you in DT-J and DT-B, would have played you more in DT-D but the line ended up having two 10s in it and you weren't a bad enough player to fit. The problem is not with your ratings but rather socially. I personally have never had any problems with you but many others have. Getting added into DT isn't just about skill, it is also somewhat a popularity contest.

Try to have better interactions with the player base. This is something I myself have been trying to work on too so I know within this community that can be hard to do. Also in Warbird, your main ship, you need to work on teamwork better.
    Can confirm out of personal experience that this highlighted part is very true. A few seasons ago I literally had a few people beg my captain to add me, but he wouldn't, up until the end of the season, cause he didn't know me. Since that season I get added more often and had my rating also increase, while I don't feel I changed much regarding playstyle or skill.

Comment

there is absilitely nothing wrong w/ the currint rating system

all mith mitician plz vs silince

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

That's bullshit. Its all about your playstyle. From a 7.5 people expect more than just a hiding/lobbing player. You got enough skill to be useful if you actually tried to change your style. No team can use a 7.5 thats on 4 while rest of team is dead or on 8-9. Either keep up the pace there, or get in some suicide/lures at enemy high deaths. In elim you work 'fine' cuz u r alone.

And yes what rage said is somewhat true. You are always blaming everyone but yourself. Try to compare yourself to others who are added as lowstars and adapt. Be less salty and work with the positive critism people have been giving you have few times now.
        This guy is such a troll lol. Rageritual didn't say what you just inferred he said at all yet here you go interjecting bs like saying I'm a hider and lobber and am on 4. 4 what? 4 deaths? lol like that is a bad thing? pleaseeeeee. If you mean I'm on 4 kills thats statistically wrong too and a flat out lie lol. I also always have high r1's on my stats and am 10-8 to 9-8 average in twdd and usually 8-8 K/D in TWL and mind you that was playing for Paladen with a lesser strength line all these years throughout our history competing vs stacked squads. People troll me and gaslight me. I stay alive when I play which is a good thing. No one wants a person who goes out too fast as that really hurts a team. I can easily help a team and correct my playstyle when needed but the "incrowd" caps seem either biased to listen to a few trolls in high standing or rather not take the heat putting me on line by those in charge. I don't cause any issues on squads I play for with disruption and never complain on squads I play for. I give it my all yet still get trolled lol. What does happen is people come at me unwarranted though who never have played with me seriously on a team and won't even give me a chance. This season was clearly trolling on me.

I just looked at the 7.5's like you said I should and like almost none of them are even positive this season. I can at least do as well or better than that if I'm on a decent line. I won't name names and do callouts because many are fine players who I have no issues with at this star rating but I easily rank up there with them yet I'm locked out before the season even begins for the second season in a row. My comments about lowering my star rating is because I don't get to play and have been virtually locked out of twdt by those running it. This season was especially a joke. So obvious I was trolled. People are correctly saying it has turned into a popularity contest and I agree. The way I see it is there are clicks run by vocal trolls who set the pace when it comes to my name who intentionally have ruined the game for me. I literally had some dude as my cap refuse to play me before the season even began this year. What a joke. Beam also is an obvious troll and ran the season lol. I hope in future some cap will allow me an equal opportunity if I get on their teams but I never will with beam, saiyan, ogron, major crisis, rough and a few others at the helm.. silly stuff lol. Next season give me at least a chance please lolll. Thats about all I can do is ask to be used. If given an opportunity I will help and be a great squaddie.
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Some things really never do change...

Comment

jissip if i am allowed 2 b ciptin in futire i will try 2 silict u, n i know aftir we talk i said i cud try 2 trade 4 u but i completely 4got n nefir asked rough 2 include u in ne trade and i am sry 4 this. u r blicklistid by elitist ciptins that haf a combined 12 inch veriticil and afrige 40% bidy fat w/ physique of inverted eggplant
            Last edited by viop11; 09-14-2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Jessup hasn’t shown to one single game of TWDT for haze in these last 7 weeks lol.. what a waste of a pick.
              1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
              1:Zidane> congrats man
              1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
              1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
              1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post
                Solace -> 10

I should probably be rated like .5 lower in each ship. In my opinion, pretty much everyone else in my current rating for each division is better than me for the most part.

And yes, before anyone calls me out, I am partially saying that because I wish I could play more lol but I also think it’s more accurate, again, in my opinion. Idk, check my stats and TWL history. Been kind of wondering why I was hyped up when I returned since I never really accomplished anything great before quitting.
                I think this is an issue for the way this system is in general. It shouldn't be so hard to get high rated players into lineups. Why should people who are active and good get punished?? I was asked more about playing wb/jav this year then basing when i literally cant stand playing wb/javs. can we not use a system which allows for all the zones talent to actually start?? This system simply rewards players who are ranked poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by MousE View Post
                  can we not use a system which allows for all the zones talent to actually start??
                  All this requires is to increase the star cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                    And moar teamz

Comment

• Originally posted by Pressure View Post
                      Some things really never do change...
                      Told you bud.

This is why I never understood why people defend that idiot. Does it to himself/herself.
                      FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                      #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

• There are obviously small adjustments every year that need to be done. One thing that I think is important to keep in mind, is that there is a good bit of weight that needs to be placed on The fact that great people can perform badly on bad lineups and above average people can perform greatly on great freqs. I believe Beam mentioned it in one of the earlier post that you have to look at consistency over time. For instance, auto pilot is performing great at an eight star but I don’t think that necessarily means he needs to be a 10. I think small adjustments are the most appropriate Knowing that people can perform differently season to season.

Statistically, Morph is a better wb than vys this season but morph shouldn’t be bumped up to 9.5 and vys is still a top 3-5 wb. I was grossly underperforming in zids line but one team change and now I’m performing much better. Other players dramatically changed in different lines too after a trade. Examples could be made in other places but you get the point.
                        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

• Originally posted by Rab View Post
                          or, you know, twl. twl is when folks stack onto a couple squads and duke it out.

the only thing i dont want to see is something remotely like that shit summer league thing.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• In TWDTJ, under the current pool of players:

The average rating is 7.2*

The average rating for a starting player is 8.2* (capped average)

The average rating for the top 50 players is 8.8* (uncapped average)

In conclusion: TWDT is an elite tournament, which only moderately curtails a team’s top theoretical line. The real leveller is that good players are evenly distributed between 10 teams, not that it’s inclusive for weaker players. Weaker players are actually in very stiff competition for the last spot in a TWDTJ line.

This is why many active but low-rated players, such as Jessup, feel as if TWDT is a ‘popularity contest’, because the vast majority of 7*s will ride the pine. That’s not because captains hate 7*s, it’s the way TWDT is designed.

This has been mentioned before, but I think a concurrent, two-tier TWDT could solve a lot of problems.

The top tier is completely uncapped. It would give a chance for some of the under-repped top players - like Spawnisen, Skatarius, Roiwerk, et al - to really shine.

The bottom tier is played in lieu of the 2nd game at the half hour slot, at a weighting of 0.5. Players are picked by the same captains and are on the same teams, but their games are stringently capped at 7.5* or 7* per player, fostering a real culture of development.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• thats the best idea i efir hear, 1st game is uncapped and 2nd game maybe a rly low * cap like 39-40 or something. it wud b so fun as ciptin 2 b abil to watch swirtzmin/mouse/sirgir/blase/mvp get a gr8 jd victiry 4 mastirs

Comment

• Originally posted by MHz View Post
                                In TWDTJ, under the current pool of players:

The average rating is 7.2*

The average rating for a starting player is 8.2* (capped average)

The average rating for the top 50 players is 8.8* (uncapped average)

In conclusion: TWDT is an elite tournament, which only moderately curtails a team’s top theoretical line.
                                That conclusion cannot be made from the provided data alone. It is definitely not as black and white as described, and mean/average is a poor statistic to use here given the heterogeneity of number of players at each rating. Median may be more useful here.

I agree that TWDT spreads the competition quite well. I disagree that it does not curtail top lineups. Most lineups in most games do contain multiple players (both lower rated players and higher rated players) that would never start in an uncapped starting lineup. TWDT star caps do curtail every team's top lineup. There is not much evidence to suggest otherwise when you consider the starting gametime lineups vs. rosters for games played since week 1.

Your proposal to have first games capped and second games uncapped (or vice versa) is interesting. However, there is potential for this dynamic to lead to a bunch of truly garbage games (basing would likely be a disaster). Maybe there can be a differential cap, where the first game is capped less stringently (eg, 71* for basing) and the second game is capped more stringently (eg, 67* for basing). I would personally dislike it, as I'd prefer to play both games in my preferred league rather than sit to watch a glorified pub/?go base match. However, for the sake of inclusivity, it is definitely something to consider for future seasons. Good idea MHz.

Alternatively, a "beginner's cup/tournament" could be hosted for fun where every team has to play a specific number of low star players or something.
                                Last edited by Pressure; 09-17-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X