No announcement yet.

Next League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am willing to do busywork & help out TW ops/staff for the upcoming league. Contact me and give me some jobs to do and I'll happily assist anywhere I can. Cheers.

Comment

haf nefir met sum1 who signs off emails/messigis w/ cheers or says cheers irl that runs a sub 4.6 40 yird dish or isn't in top 10 percentile of fake ppl on earth

Comment

b ur own persin u dun haf 2 b like efery1 else or b a giniric followir

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
          b ur own persin u dun haf 2 b like efery1 else or b a giniric followir
          Not sure why you like to pick on me here all the time but if it makes you feel better, be my guest man. I can take the petty insults and low blows that you like to dish out. In fact they make me wonder just how much intellect you actually posse since instead of providing any valuable feedback on the threads you frequent, 9 times of 10 you speak like Jar Jar Binks and insult people over their athleticism.

You can call me fake for signing off with 'cheers', don't really care about your opinion and think it's actually weird that you of all people cares about how someone decides to communicate with others. I am a polite and courteous person--I know, what an asshole! I try hard to be the best person I can be everyday, online and offline and if that makes me a bad person in your eye's no sweat off my back. Otherwise, have a nice day! Cheers.

Comment

Have a TSL gaming format for 4 weeks on preset times and dates which will create a ladder for individual player stats in each league. DD, JD and BD ladders will be formed by this.

Then create brackets of 10 players (if we use 10 squads) in descending order. So if you use 10 teams you would random num generate the top 10 players from the TSL ladder of each division by determining which team they will be placed on. Do the same for next 10 and so on until the tsl formed ladder is empty in each division creating 10 squads.

Do this for EACH division so there are no centralized squads. Each division would have 10 unique squads. Each selected by randomized num gen picks pulled from the finalized TSL ladder after 4 weeks.

No star ratings used. The Top 5 placements in each squad get to play in DD and JD and the top 8 get to play in BD divisions. No captains needed or involved. You earn a spot in the this league by your results you earned on the TSL based ladder format that will run for 4 weeks. Have set times during each week for this TSL ladder to be formed so people know when to show and compete. Each division is then based off EARNED TSL RESULTS. If you do well in TSL individually you earn a spot to compete in dd/ jd and bd league that follows. If a person doesn't show for league match the person under them starts in their place. Pure fun and you earn your spots to play in this league.

Let's call this Trench Wars Earned Placement League .. TWEP

Playoff format could be determined with discussion. I think accelerated gaming format would be ideal where each team meets each other only once though since they are all determined from a 4 week TSL precursor.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
              Have a TSL gaming format for 4 weeks on preset times and dates which will create a ladder for individual player stats in each league. DD, JD and BD ladders will be formed by this.

Then create brackets of 10 players (if we use 10 squads) in descending order. So if you use 10 teams you would random num generate the top 10 players from the TSL ladder of each division by determining which team they will be placed on. Do the same for next 10 and so on until the tsl formed ladder is empty in each division creating 10 squads.

Do this for EACH division so there are no centralized squads. Each division would have 10 unique squads. Each selected by randomized num gen picks pulled from the finalized TSL ladder after 4 weeks.

No star ratings used. The Top 5 placements in each squad get to play in DD and JD and the top 8 get to play in BD divisions. No captains needed or involved. You earn a spot in the this league by your results you earned on the TSL based ladder format that will run for 4 weeks. Have set times during each week for this TSL ladder to be formed so people know when to show and compete. Each division is then based off EARNED TSL RESULTS. If you do well in TSL individually you earn a spot to compete in dd/ jd and bd league that follows. If a person doesn't show for league match the person under them starts in their place. Pure fun and you earn your spots to play in this league.

Let's call this Trench Wars Earned Placement League .. TWEP

Playoff format could be determined with discussion. I think accelerated gaming format would be ideal where each team meets each other only once though since they are all determined from a 4 week TSL precursor.
              Humoring you but..Please no.

Earned Placement League? More like Encourages Bad Play League (TWEBP). TSL is just really awful stuff and lets be honest; the only reason you did good in TSL is because it's a league the suits your playstyle perfectly--as playing selfishly and focusing on personal K/D is the only objective. I mean just what you proposed here on how to make divisions using the TSL structure encourages really horrible gameplay and would severely skew who the best players in this game are.

I'm sorry as I know you love TSL and mean no disrespect but encouraging players to worry about their own K/D's in team oriented matchups is a terrible idea. Anything not 1v1 or elim should prioritize working and winning as a team. Just let this league die already please.. sheesh!

On another note: I like more what Pressure suggested as that's kind of what's been on my mind for a long time but haven't been able to get enough backing to get things like roster limits and stuff like that approved by Rapid. Only way we can make TWD competitive again is limit rosters to 12 or 20, remove or severely limit borrows, bring back 4v4 minimum for games and have games themselves count towards leagues again. Hopefully we can have someone who isn't me spearhead this so TWD means something again which has been my goal for years.

Comment

One very simple fix for TSL (or rather, reimagining) is doing away with cash value and simply summing wins.

There are other details to be reworked (minimum win ratio needed to place? Work entirely from ratio?) but the matchmaking concept has potential, considering it's what just about every modern game uses. It just needs to be turned away from individual performance almost entirely to work in team-based play.

"You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post

Humoring you but..Please no.

Earned Placement League? More like Encourages Bad Play League (TWEBP). TSL is just really awful stuff and lets be honest; the only reason you did good in TSL is because it's a league the suits your playstyle perfectly--as playing selfishly and focusing on personal K/D is the only objective. I mean just what you proposed here on how to make divisions using the TSL structure encourages really horrible gameplay and would severely skew who the best players in this game are.

I'm sorry as I know you love TSL and mean no disrespect but encouraging players to worry about their own K/D's in team oriented matchups is a terrible idea. Anything not 1v1 or elim should prioritize working and winning as a team. Just let this league die already please.. sheesh!

On another note: I like more what Pressure suggested as that's kind of what's been on my mind for a long time but haven't been able to get enough backing to get things like roster limits and stuff like that approved by Rapid. Only way we can make TWD competitive again is limit rosters to 12 or 20, remove or severely limit borrows, bring back 4v4 minimum for games and have games themselves count towards leagues again. Hopefully we can have someone who isn't me spearhead this so TWD means something again which has been my goal for years.
                  So instead of earning a place as an individual you would rather allow stacked squads along with borrowing enabled to further skew results to dictate who plays in next league? I fail to see how that is a good representation that allows each player a chance to participate no matter what squad they reside on. Stacked squads will once again dominate a bridge league and if you start your own squad and have a small squad roster with non leets your chances of doing well in a bridge league are going to be severely hampered.

I also fail to see how TSL encourages bad play too. Racka finished first.. so was he some selfish player? No he was good and earned it. Individual stats OF COURSE matter for any team to win games. This is very plain and simple. If you got a bunch of people not getting 10 kills going negative on a team you are going to lose.

To safeguard this too, I'd be open to discussing adding stats into this ladder only for the winning teams to avoid your theory that it causes "selfish" play. I don't think this needs to be done but would be open to only allowing ladder representation for individuals on winning teams. That way your theory would be easily struck down about how individual stats = selfish play.

My suggestion/idea I propose here also is in no way only about myself. Sure I brainstormed it but to presume my idea was made only for selfish reasons to attempt to gain my own placement in a league seems really presumptuous. I was in no way trying to do that and was instead trying to form the most fair and logical way to form a league where each player has an equal opportunity to EARN their way into a squad spot for the next league.

This is NOT TSL either.. it is only based off TSL format to form teams that make the league. Once the teams are made it would be up to the top finishers to gell and unite and win by playing together. As I remember TSL was super underrepresented and not many played the time we had an actual playoff added to it where I happened to get on the winning team. Most seasons of TSL there were no playoffs. I will say many top player/leets easily finish in top brackets on TSL format if they participated. I'd guarantee the stats in a TSL based ladder to make league teams would represent the top players we have as long as each player gets enough time and games in to statistically represent their skills.

Sort of surprised by your reply saying it is a terrible idea. I feel it is a GREAT idea that is the most fair way to form teams. Earn it and play.
                  TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                  TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

If TWL is going to happen then the roster limits have to be very strict. Stricter than what it’s been to cause more spread. Like DW and others have been saying. Like only 13-15 man rosters for 3 league squads.
                    6-7 for one league, etc. squads will always stack. Have to find ways to spread the stacking

or a TWDT with no star cap, like a “premiere” twdt like Ogron has proposed.

there has been a lot of activity and players logging in lately, and ur not gonna keep the interest of older players like myself and others to login on a Sunday for some bullshit league that no one cares about.
                    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Yes, should be even stricter than that. It really limits what you can focus in and creates diversity between successful teams in a way that the same 2 teams arent in all finals. You can either gamble with 3 league high level players or you can go absolute top players in 1-2 leagues with a compromise of the third league being weaker. 11-12 man rosters for 3 league squads.
                      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I'm surprised to see so many votes for TWL as I think the last TWL prove it's only fun for the top 2-3 teams, I personally wouldn't change the rules anyway as TWL is supposed to be competitive league with the very top players playing each other for the biggest title in TW and not just random teams having fun like TWDT.

TSL is also weird option as its not competitive and not interesting (for me at least)

For me TWDT is the best option. It's a proven concept that in theory gives everyone a chance to play the game. And that is what we need to keep all (or most) players interested in the game. Just re-do star ratings (as in fix the broken ones and change the ones that deserve a promotion/demotion. .5 was also a good addition in my opinion). Replace caps and staff members that got burnout / lost interest / sucked and go again

Comment

I think the best choice is TWDT followed by TWL.

I would like to see TSL return but I don't think it will excite too many people. We could run it on Saturday's though. I've always liked the idea of making saturdays more interesting in the zone.

TWDT 2020 Winter
                          Mid November - Mid Feb 2020

March 2021 - gap month to let squads play TWD and reform.

TWL Season 24
                          start of April - end of May 2021 (last year was start of May - end of June)

As for TWEL, that league is always open for someone to take charge of and run a season. It doesn't require scheduling or hosting from staff.

And Bridge League sounds pretty good too but we would need to spec out what tech work is needed.
                          Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Originally posted by maketso View Post
                            I'm surprised to see so many votes for TWL as I think the last TWL prove it's only fun for the top 2-3 teams, I personally wouldn't change the rules anyway as TWL is supposed to be competitive league with the very top players playing each other for the biggest title in TW and not just random teams having fun like TWDT.

TSL is also weird option as its not competitive and not interesting (for me at least)

For me TWDT is the best option. It's a proven concept that in theory gives everyone a chance to play the game. And that is what we need to keep all (or most) players interested in the game. Just re-do star ratings (as in fix the broken ones and change the ones that deserve a promotion/demotion. .5 was also a good addition in my opinion). Replace caps and staff members that got burnout / lost interest / sucked and go again
                            I mean it's great other people get to play in TWDT but the last 3-4 seasons I've sat on the bench every single weekend. I am in favor of TWL over TWDT since it seems a lot of people, not just me, are never allowed to play where as TWL basically anyone can play if they find a squad with openings. If we can really crack down on roster limits that will really open things up for people.

Comment

i haf no idea how many times i haf vsd u b4 grisps. i dun haf vendetta vs u or ne1 i jus vs ppl when they vs 1 of my pet peefs such as pissints who sign off w/ cheers. furthirmore efery1 should try 2 b best persin they cud b and no1 is pirfict i jus call out whiny scumbigs/soft girpige when i c it as well as vs ppl abit if they vs pet peef like ursilf in this instince, am not tirgittink u/dun haf bullseye on ur ahnis/vigini

Comment

Can we get some new Elim seasons going? Seems like an easy way to get people constantly playing
                                3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

Working...
                                X