No announcement yet.

Next League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a TWDT or TWL is next, could we possibly switch things up some and have bd first followed by dd/jd? Just always seems basing gets the short end of the stick with the later start times. I personally probably won’t play another league where basing is starting 4:00-5:00pm EST.
    J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
    8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post
      If a TWDT or TWL is next, could we possibly switch things up some and have bd first followed by dd/jd? Just always seems basing gets the short end of the stick with the later start times. I personally probably won’t play another league where basing is starting 4:00-5:00pm EST.
      I proposed switching the timeslots and having base first in this dt and it was very unpopular so it was changed back.
      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post
        I'd love it if wb was dead last and maybe started 6 or 7pm EST. Playing at 1pm is awful. Glare, stares and just too much going on with people moving around and talking to you. Middle of the day on Sunday which is family day just sucks for a ship that requires so much precision. You have my vote!

Comment

Just a suggestion I thought of while reading. We had a basing world cup in the past, could just make it a world cup (All 3 leagues) based on your geographical location and/or time zone. I know some locales would have a smaller base to play with (euros) but Im certain we could surmise a way to combine enough areas to keep it competitive. Break down North America into time zones so its not 1 big super team, etc. Could also have a full 5v5/8v8 version as well as a 1v1 or 2v2 dueling version happening simultaneously. Im sure I could make it happen, its just a matter of whether or not theres enough interest from the players to participate. I'd just like to see something/anything going on to keep the majority interested in logging in.

My 2 cents.
          1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
          Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Another TWDT with more teams would be good too. Maybe we can fit 2-3 more depending on the amount of sign ups.
            FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
            #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

I think TWDT (with more teams or uncapped) followed by TWL in the new year is a good arrangement.
              Who's going to organise it?

Comment

If a twl is beeing played it needs to be announced soon, with enough time for players to be able to move/stack and for captains to be able to figure out lines with tight roster limits.
                In my mind we also need a qualification to a twl of some sort, i would like it to be player based rather than squad qualification to ensure activity from they players u have on small rosters.

My vote is also twdt with more teams leading into a twl.
                Last edited by SNOOPiE; 10-20-2020, 09:27 AM.
                10* Spectator
                Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:
                https://youtu.be/q3HqKe_A_bs

Best in Star Slot - Warbird & Base(GameScore)
                Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

It looks like we're all kinda asking the same question, without really asking it.

Who's in charge of figuring out who will be running the next league? beam would this be you? Looks like there r many people who have volunteered 2 help from the looks of the thread, cud maybe lessen load or gif break, but clarity around who makes that choice wud b gr8 since many ppl are asking 4 things 2 moof along.

Comment

This used to be the Head of Leagues, but that was a very, very difficult position to keep filled, as generally it also meant running the main league, which is an exhausting endeavor.

Markmrw is the current Leagues Liaison, which has some of the same pieces, but mostly his role is connecting league runners with the resources they need to be successful, making sure all the pieces fit together. (If he's available, he could also help moderate the decision process a bit.)

Really it's up to the community at this point. Time to start supporting ideas that you like -- say what you'd like to do, and also what you definitely don't want to do, and why. What are the merits of running one league over another?

Best way to do this is keep it brief and clear.

Ask others to weigh in as well.
                    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Ideally for me: TWL starts November and runs to 2 weeks before x-mas. Take 2 weeks off for x-mas. Resume 2nd half of season in January until February. Playoffs/Finals conclude March. April Summer TWDT starts. Followed by another TWDT, then TWL again. Rinse Repeat.

Along with this I'd love it if we had prime time games every week drawn randomly on say Wednesday or Friday nights. Maybe even Saturday afternoon/evening. Basically each week of TWL 2 squads go at it in wb/jav/base. Teams that play prime time get the following Sunday off. This will almost be like a 'bye' week for teams giving people an extra few days off. Then we'd get another break for x-mas for everyone to help break up the monotony.

Lastly, I'd love it if each team could make a home map. Was thinking the layout would be exactly the same in size as maps in twdd/twjd/twbd but teams could opt for extra rocks, default rocks and no rocks. Just an idea. I will say playing with too many rocks and without rocks can be tricky but if teams practice they can certainly gain an advantage over teams that don't. Food for thought!

Again just going to put it out there while I am not able to run a league, I am always willing to do w/e it is to help. Just pm me here or in-game what you need and i'll work on it. Cheers!

EDIT: Forgot to add, would be neat if we could flip the times at mid-point of season for games. So in the example I left that was ideal for me, during the start after x-mas break in January, we'd have BD's start first, then jav, then wb. This seems like the most fair solution to give people who have trouble playing that early or that late in a division an opportunity to shine or very least enjoy themselves.

Comment

If twdt is run again, given the short time until the end of the current season, I’d recommend expedited sign ups.

auto sign up everyone from this current twdt unless they opt out or if ?not seen 10 days ago
                        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

We already did TWL once this year, lets keep it once per year please.

Another DT with more teams!
                          Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                          (10 seconds later)
                          rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                          P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X