TWDT Season 22 Captain Signup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
    Can we get a captain value cap and floor? I think this would make things fair. Like a 23-26 * range requirement. You dont want 1 29* and then a bunch of 20*'s. Just a thought. Or a cap of like 22*'s. Allow intelligent lower star caps run the show for a bit? There are quite a few I would trust judgement and allow a mix of talent/lineup thoughts as opposed to high * players running the show.
    I'm sympathetic to this point. A pure * count wouldn't be my preferred method of judging a captains own draft value- it is important to consider how they fit into lines. A 7-7-10 is not equivalent to a 9-9-6. One player is a clear starter in multiple leagues, and brings a lot more to the table. Even past that, someone underrated who can start in TWDT and can actually afford to play themselves has a drafting advantage over other captains.

At the moment, I am most interested in getting us to 12 captains. Depending on who volunteers, I will then pick the captains so things are somewhat balanced. That being said, I only notice a couple outliers on the current captains list, and based on who just won TWDT, I'm not overly worried about skill level. My primary concern when assigning captains will be experience and active knowledge of leagues and who plays them. This will ensure we have the highest number of competitive teams.

Comment

xcuse me willpi am extremely skilled playir and if i gafe .01 fks about my recird and didnt haf a 1300x700 girpige liptip since 2005 i wud izily b 3 league top playir but becuz of my irl athleticism i stop carink about wb/jiflin pirfirmince in 2004 becuz i cud vs 50 1 arm piships and run a 4.5 40 yird dish and haf a 10 foot broad jump and cud make 90/100 game speed 3 point shots on an nba court w/ 0 effirt and shoot off the dribbil bettir than 95% of nba playirs so dun efir refir 2 me as a lowir skill playir/ciptin becuz am gr8 if i wish 2 b whenefir i wish 2 b but i dun care about duelink becuz i dun haf the pitience 2 try n didge strays/avoid diths/i will vs 1v5 becuz am not scired of ne othir spiceship and haf 0 risp1ct for all my oppinint becuz i know eferytime i c a othir ship on the battilfield there is a 99% chince they fit 1 or more of the criteria: a) undir 140 lbs, b) cant do 20 pushups, c) have their shirt tucked in, d) r wearink prescription glissis. e) play multipil video games
      f) vs multipil hours of anime daily g) haf nefir participatid in an athletic event w/ more than 5 ppl watchink h) consume more than 200g of sugir daily n as a resilt their blood sugir is in a constint st8 of flux which gif them the physique of an invirtid eggplint

i cud gif effirt in bisink though becuz deaths dun mattir n i luf my ripitish teamm8s n wud run through bouldir 4 ne ripitish n sum mastirs such as sirgir kinks mvp n othir

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
        xcuse me willpi am extremely skilled playir and if i gafe .01 fks about my recird and didnt haf a 1300x700 girpige liptip since 2005 i wud izily b 3 league top playir but becuz of my irl athleticism i stop carink about wb/jiflin pirfirmince in 2004 becuz i cud vs 50 1 arm piships and run a 4.5 40 yird dish and haf a 10 foot broad jump and cud make 90/100 game speed 3 point shots on an nba court w/ 0 effirt and shoot off the dribbil bettir than 95% of nba playirs so dun efir refir 2 me as a lowir skill playir/ciptin becuz am gr8 if i wish 2 b whenefir i wish 2 b but i dun care about duelink becuz i dun haf the pitience 2 try n didge strays/avoid diths/i will vs 1v5 becuz am not scired of ne othir spiceship and haf 0 risp1ct for all my oppinint becuz i know eferytime i c a othir ship on the battilfield there is a 99% chince they fit 1 or more of the criteria: a) undir 140 lbs, b) cant do 20 pushups, c) have their shirt tucked in, d) r wearink prescription glissis. e) play multipil video games
        f) vs multipil hours of anime daily g) haf nefir participatid in an athletic event w/ more than 5 ppl watchink h) consume more than 200g of sugir daily n as a resilt their blood sugir is in a constint st8 of flux which gif them the physique of an invirtid eggplint

i cud gif effirt in bisink though becuz deaths dun mattir n i luf my ripitish teamm8s n wud run through bouldir 4 ne ripitish n sum mastirs such as sirgir kinks mvp n othir
        10/10
        zidane> big play
        Omega Red> dwop sick
        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
          Can we get a captain value cap and floor? I think this would make things fair. Like a 23-26 * range requirement. You dont want 1 29* and then a bunch of 20*'s. Just a thought. Or a cap of like 22*'s. Allow intelligent lower star caps run the show for a bit? There are quite a few I would trust judgement and allow a mix of talent/lineup thoughts as opposed to high * players running the show.
          If that ends up being the case I would like to cap a team.
          Rasaq> thanks, Divine, for allowing me provide my oral support
          Rasaq> err moral

Comment

Originally posted by viop
            f) vs multipil hours of anime daily
            Something about the concept of "vsing anime" really made me smile.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

rofl love it
              In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
              twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
              twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

dats r captin viop let's gi!

Comment

What? Imagine the game getting crazy active by some miracle and you're a new player signing up to forums and see this retarded shit.

Comment

whats worse is there are people praising that garbage post

Comment

Vio loves to call people out on random self projected insecurities for no reason, yet he’s one of the most aggressively idiotic people to enter this game and is online pretty much 24/7. Amazing.
                      J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                      8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

You guys do realize it's all an act, ya? Role playing, lol. Relax, laugh, and don't take him that seriously.
                        zidane> big play
                        Omega Red> dwop sick
                        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Role playing? That just makes it even more fucking weird... so vio has actually just been role playing and pretending he’s not a fat shut in who’s socially awkward and doesn’t watch anime 24/7 while playing multiple video games?

edit: fuck it, whatever dunno why I care enough to comment on it lol you do you, viop
                          Last edited by renzi; 10-28-2020, 02:41 PM.
                          J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                          8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Funny, vio put me down a few days back out of the blue telling me that I need to be real and that am a fake person for ending conversations with 'cheers' (or something like this, hard to read his Jar Jar Binks gibberish) Ironic calling me out on being fake when he's literally the biggest phony in this game, putting on his fake persona and spending hours upon hours butchering the English language because he thinks it makes him cool.

Guess it kind of does since people seem to praise it and mimic his idiotic phrases like 'imbicil'. I'm done trying to read his gibberous though, guy is a clown. People threw me shade for making a Jar Jar Binks parody years ago for HoN's yet this guy is literally a fucking walking and breathing Jar Jar and people love it? Weird stuff.

He's not even a great player as I've never seen the man go positive lol.. Talk about being full of yourself! :P Also, has he ever contributed anything to these forums other than making fun of people? Serious question.

Comment

but he shoulda been in the nba but didn't make it, so u have to respect what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps
                                People threw me shade for making a Jar Jar Binks parody years ago for HoN's
                                Some people did. Others thought it was quite funny (and thought it took a fair bit of moxie to try to pull off).

Humor is largely down to personal taste.

Not everyone liked pps, but I think everyone was aware he was doing a character. As far as I know Fozzcat was not, in fact, a cat.

If someone's doing a character and you don't appreciate it, generally the convention is to say they're trolling. If you appreciate it, you'd call it a joke. There are some people who are entirely humorless and do not find much of anything funny. To these people, all jokes are just annoying attempts at trolling. I've heard some people suggest banning "trolling" in TW, which covers such a broad swath of human behavior that it would be essentially banning all joking whatsoever. That's acceptable to only the humorless, who do not themselves make jokes or find others' jokes amusing under any circumstances.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are people known as katagelasticists, who actively enjoy laughing at others and attempt to create situations to humiliate and mock others whenever possible. These are probably the only real example of the sort of person who all can agree would fall into the category of "troll."
                                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                                X