TWDT Season 22 Captain Signup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Season 22 Captain Signup Thread

This thread will be for tracking captain signups for the next season of TWDT. More information will be coming in the next few days.

Captains (In draft order):
    1. dreamwin (Terrorist)
    2. Cripple (Halo)
    3. Tiny (Pure Luck)
    4. violence (ScumBigs)
    5. Iron Survivor (Hokage)
    6. Dwopple (HYPE!)
    7. Vys (LifeBan)
    8. Flew (Prayer)
    9. Golden_Aim (Unknown25)
    10. RaCka (Blast)
    *Tentative

Reserves/Backup Captains:
    Players signed up for the current season will be retained for the next season. New signups are also welcome. Look for that thread in coming days!
    Last edited by WillBy; 11-12-2020, 06:36 PM.

I will consider capping again if my Javelin and Warbird *'s come down. No idea why they went up I didn't do anything to accomplish this. They are WAY overstarred!
    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
    (10 seconds later)
    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

I agree with the auto-signups with the exception of not including people afk more than 10 days ago. I know this would be a lot of work up front but would save drafting afk people.
      In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
      twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
      twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

I think low star caps should get priority for when it comes to pick order with lowest stars having 1st pick to help offset the fact they are probably single league caps vs. guys like rough, turban, ease ect. who can do all leagues. Ideally, say there's 2 cap's who are 7, one 8 and rest are 9s + 10's. the low stars (7, 7, 8) should gets 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick then randomize the remaining high star caps pick order. I love that people are stepping up to cap that aren't ease and other premier players but also don't want to see them get stomped which usually always happens to 1 league captains. Just my 2c.

Thanks Wirah, Beam, Qan, Willby and everyone else I didn't list who contributed that did a phenomenal job this last DT season. Really appreciate guys! Much love

PS: I'd be up to cap again and will absolutely do a great job at it too.

Comment

I might be interested if you need more. Kinda on the fence at the moment due to game times.

Also, same as rage, my ratings should probably come down a little. I’ve never had any stats to back up my 8* wb rating nor 7.5* jav. I think my rating may have been based a lot on my random mvp round last twdtd finals. Just my 2 cents for next season ratings ;D
          J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
          8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post
            I think low star caps should get priority for when it comes to pick order with lowest stars having 1st pick to help offset the fact they are probably single league caps vs. guys like rough, turban, ease ect. who can do all leagues. Ideally, say there's 2 cap's who are 7, one 8 and rest are 9s + 10's. the low stars (7, 7, 8) should gets 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick then randomize the remaining high star caps pick order. I love that people are stepping up to cap that aren't ease and other premier players but also don't want to see them get stomped which usually always happens to 1 league captains. Just my 2c.

Thanks Wirah, Beam, Qan, Willby and everyone else I didn't list who contributed that did a phenomenal job this last DT season. Really appreciate guys! Much love

PS: I'd be up to cap again and will absolutely do a great job at it too.
            I think with this you'd need to do a linear draft as a snake draft wouldn't benefit the low stars picking 1st, 2nd & 3rd. With there being potentially 12 captains playing, those first three captains wouldn't pick again until 22nd, 23rd & 24th. The only possible benefit from snake would be those first picks assisting the captains throughout the draft on who to pick up, but ultimately it's still up to the captain for those decisions.

Comment

My captainship is TENTATIVE at this point. I know we're shooting from the hip in regards to putting this together and thats ok, but I still need more information on dates/times before I can lock myself in. Unlike the last time I captained one of these (2012ish?) I have much more to worry about in terms of real world obligations.

On a side note, if yall want your stars to go down just troll ogron. Works for me. (I havent played this for 4-5 years so idk who does ratings anymore)

Candy King lives!
              1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
              Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

LETS GO BOYS
                NEEE 4 MORE VOLUNTEERS FOR CAP. LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
                KEEP TW ALIVE
                FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Very least add me to the reserve list. I am one of the most active players in this zone and have kept my eyes open in all divisions that and I've already proven I can do it. Sure, Grim Dawn got lit up but if you look at our win/loss vs. other first time captains, especially single league ones, I did alright. Worth reminding people I literally had 20 minutes to prepare for the draft that year where others had months and the people I wanted most to draft lied about activity *cough* Turban. Didn't have a melt down even though Ricko was hot garbage and we were mostly competitive in all 3 leagues. Also, I am a masterful trade shark throwing Tiny an inactive Banzi for an active Henry Saari. lol My only regret was dicking Ogron that year but I was going through a bunch of irl drama and drinking a ton both of which have subsided. Think he's forgiven me and moved on but still bothers me to this day. Anyways, please allow!

PS: Please consider lowing my wb rating.Thanks!

Comment

I think it would be ideal to have a longer break than 2 weeks. I would suggest timing the league in a way that free agency draft would occur after xmas break. It gives us much more time to prepare for 12 team league and a lot of plausible returns during holidays to sign up in FA. Xmas break will be there anyway so we do not need to rush things. Always the only thing to rush for should be ANNOUNCING the next league.
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                      I think it would be ideal to have a longer break than 2 weeks. I would suggest timing the league in a way that free agency draft would occur after xmas break. It gives us much more time to prepare for 12 team league and a lot of plausible returns during holidays to sign up in FA. Xmas break will be there anyway so we do not need to rush things. Always the only thing to rush for should be ANNOUNCING the next league.
                      I disagree, I think a lot of people are hungry for another immediate league and waiting just seems kind of silly. You did remind me of something I meant to suggest though and that was breaking up DT games so we don't have to sit on our ass for 4+ hours straight. Why can't we have Friday night be Warbirds, Saturday afternoon Javs and Sunday mid-day Base games or some combination like that? I mean it's soooooo long if you want to play or support your team for all 3 divisions. Can we at least have a pre-season and test this out and see how it goes? I'd personally LOVE IT if we could break up DT so it's not such a long punishing block. I think it's why TWDT and TWL burn people out so quick because it's a huge chunk of time every Sunday. If we can break it up over the weekend or even the week, that would be cool in my opinion. Doesn't have to be Fri/Sat/Sun, could be Sun/Mon/Thurs or any combination just so long games are broke up so we can come on for 1 hour, maybe 2 max and be done until the next day/division. Thoughts?

Edit: A compromise would be to start TWDT pre-season the 8th and run that for 2 weeks then start the season. Gives capts/players an opportunity to access starters and try out different combinations. I absolutely loved having a pre-season this last DT and hope we do them now on for TWL/DT.

Comment

sign me up to cap. #1 seed and 2019 TWDT-J champion Gryffindor is back.

top 100 basers list

Comment

I'll cap
                          Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Can we get a captain value cap and floor? I think this would make things fair. Like a 23-26 * range requirement. You dont want 1 29* and then a bunch of 20*'s. Just a thought. Or a cap of like 22*'s. Allow intelligent lower star caps run the show for a bit? There are quite a few I would trust judgement and allow a mix of talent/lineup thoughts as opposed to high * players running the show.
                            1:waven> u challenge
                            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                              Can we get a captain value cap and floor? I think this would make things fair. Like a 23-26 * range requirement. You dont want 1 29* and then a bunch of 20*'s. Just a thought. Or a cap of like 22*'s. Allow intelligent lower star caps run the show for a bit? There are quite a few I would trust judgement and allow a mix of talent/lineup thoughts as opposed to high * players running the show.
                              I agree. I'd like to see this TWDT represented by other well-known, lower star players. The best advice is to follow viop's method and know when / when not to play yourself. I'll play for anyone this TWDT.

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              zidane> big play
                              Omega Red> dwop sick
                              mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                              WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                              1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Working...
                              X