No announcement yet.

TWDT Season 22 Captain Signup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently out of town and unable to access my computer, so I'll try my best to address your questions as best I can from my phone.
    Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
    Seeing as how we are supposed to draft in 2 weeks can we get some things officially decided upon?

- are we using a star cap? Id like to implement a star cap for this season, as it has proven success at creating balanced teams. That being said, the talent will be spread rather thin for 12 teams, so it is unlikely that there will be star caps if we have 12 teams. However, the player signups have lagged the captain signups, and we may not have the playerbase to support 12 teams. 177 players played last season, averaging almost 18 players per team. This would mean wed need closer to 216 players for 12 teams. Theres still plenty of time for signups, but this is something I am actively monitoring.
    - we have a lot less players are more teams will the * cap be lower, if changed what to? See above
    - can we get an official updated list of players signed up with their *'s? I've been updating the player list in the other thread to keep track of signups. As for their ratings, there wont be much departure from last seasons ratings, but you should consult any of the 3 threads relating to player ratings for an idea of the changes that will be made.
    - any rule changes we need to be aware of? no major changes from the previous season. A couple of things that I know will update- star cap (if we have one), playoff qualification (if 12 teams) and tiebreakers (adjust for 11 game season)
    - who will be running this with you? IMO there should be more than one person running it while I am the only listed op, I am not the only person impacting these decisions, and i wont be the only one weighing in on ratings or any possible appeals. That being said, if someone is interested in helping out as a twdt op, I would appreciate the help starting games and weighing in on rules. There are a few players already involved in the league that I have been communicating with, it just depends in if people want staff powers or not.

Comment

can i be number 12 (former therapy and syne cap just saying)

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
        xcuse me willpi am extremely skilled playir and if i gafe .01 fks about my recird and didnt haf a 1300x700 girpige liptip since 2005 i wud izily b 3 league top playir but becuz of my irl athleticism i stop carink about wb/jiflin pirfirmince in 2004 becuz i cud vs 50 1 arm piships and run a 4.5 40 yird dish and haf a 10 foot broad jump and cud make 90/100 game speed 3 point shots on an nba court w/ 0 effirt and shoot off the dribbil bettir than 95% of nba playirs so dun efir refir 2 me as a lowir skill playir/ciptin becuz am gr8 if i wish 2 b whenefir i wish 2 b but i dun care about duelink becuz i dun haf the pitience 2 try n didge strays/avoid diths/i will vs 1v5 becuz am not scired of ne othir spiceship and haf 0 risp1ct for all my oppinint becuz i know eferytime i c a othir ship on the battilfield there is a 99% chince they fit 1 or more of the criteria: a) undir 140 lbs, b) cant do 20 pushups, c) have their shirt tucked in, d) r wearink prescription glissis. e) play multipil video games
        f) vs multipil hours of anime daily g) haf nefir participatid in an athletic event w/ more than 5 ppl watchink h) consume more than 200g of sugir daily n as a resilt their blood sugir is in a constint st8 of flux which gif them the physique of an invirtid eggplint

i cud gif effirt in bisink though becuz deaths dun mattir n i luf my ripitish teamm8s n wud run through bouldir 4 ne ripitish n sum mastirs such as sirgir kinks mvp n othir
        request to ban violence chat to reduce intelligence of normal players in this game. We need to be friends for friends and bring violence out of this cycle.

Comment

1. dreamwin
          2. Cripple
          3. Flew
          4. violence
          5. Iron Survivor
          6. Dwopple
          7. Vys
          8. Ogron
          9. Golden_Aim
          10. RaCka
          MRW

Comment

this season is being inexplicably rushed while not even finishing in 2020, looks like a total mess. the communication has been terrible.

the signup list is full of people i know for a fact won't be playing, so a bunch of captains are going to be blowing picks on players who did not commit to this season.

i don't wanna waste my time picking people who didn't sign up for a rushed season that is going into 2021. absolutely horrendous and baffling move to try to emulate the Basing 2020 draft which didn't require signups. THERE WERE 4 TEAMS. we literally had 50 man rosters to compensate for this, and all 4 teams made the playoffs, meaning people could find out 3 weeks into the season they're on a basing team and get into it. if you find out you're on a TWDT 3 weeks in, it's too late, your team is already missing the playoffs. i've never heard of a TWDT season that didn't require players to sign up.

there's every reason to give people a small break after playing so much, start signups in december, and run TWDT 2021 in january or february.

the whole way this has been handled is really poor.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

wish TWL was just announced for jan or feb so teamas would form and TWD would b active over christmas break

ITS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANTED

and to any caps chomping at the bit for this 8*-rated-11*-spid, i will be absent for any games in NOV and DEC

The Mind of the Father
              Riding on the subtle guiders
              Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
              Of relentless Fire

Comment

Also a good time to mention again that itd be great to give TWDT teams and caps the ability to play in TWD so it wont be so ded

The Mind of the Father
                Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
                  wish TWL was just announced for jan or feb so teamas would form and TWD would b active over christmas break

ITS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANTED

and to any caps chomping at the bit for this 8*-rated-11*-spid, i will be absent for any games in NOV and DEC
                  Exactly! I was hoping for a wintery TWL season myself for the same reason--having an active TWD for the holidays! Bummed we got another TWDT myself. It's too much commitment to ask people to sit on their ass a whole day on Sunday, especially if they aren't a starter and most likely have to wave pom poms for their team. Am still perplexed why we can't split up days for each divisions in TWDT to minimize player burnout but guess that's a topic for another discussion.

Comment

The problem is without SOMETHING going on the game dies. Maybe we should be announcing events mid-way through other events. So the game moves from one event to the other more smoothly and people have more time to sign up. People have become bored of TWD, especially when most the games there are stomps. DT keeps the game alive.

TWL kills the zone, also being the top league in the zone it should only be played once per year. We did that already this year.

Claushouse If you know for a fact people wont be playing, maybe make a list of them and give them to Wibbly. Knowing and saying nothing about it makes things worse.
                    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                    (10 seconds later)
                    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Remove (or greatly reduce) !borrow and start TWL mid-jan... 2 months to qualify twd. Create a digital list for 'active' twd players on site rosters, cap it at (15)? or, just give squads an extra role called 'inactive' and move them to their own section like captains / assistants are now. 8.5.2
                      zidane> big play
                      Omega Red> dwop sick
                      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

"not running things kills the game"

the evidence on that isn't clear. there's also the opposite effect of flooding the zone with leagues and burning people out. i think having nothing announced for the future is perhaps a zone killer. announcing a future league/schedule and giving players a break seems completely fine, and maybe even beneficial to the league.

people play and burn out. look at the EGers basing. they played 20 twbd matches a night for 3 months, then burnt out and disappeared.

this feels rushed and poorly thought through. what is the point of jamming in a season then not even completing it before christmas? if the game can't survive the 5 weeks before this christmas and simply start TWDT or TWL in mid-january, then the zone really is in trouble.

not requiring signups for the first time ever is also a mistake, IMO.

upper staff should be seriously looking at nixing this whole enterprise and starting TWDT or TWL in January. i'm a big fan of TWDT, and was the one who pushed to have it run twice a year consistently in 2016 onwards, but i feel like 3x a year is too much.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Claushouse I 100% agree with not having signups is a very risky play. You did that for basingcup, however that was a LOT less teams so less risky. On the part about people getting burned out, people don't HAVE to sign up for every event, I just simply think we should always have events running so there is the option to sign up. We do need to have more variety of events. TWL once, DT twice, and something else, maybe some sort of twel with basingcup at same time.
                          Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                          (10 seconds later)
                          rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                          P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Here for substitute captain or additional.
                            1:waven> u challenge
                            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

worth mentioning im regards to the general rhythm of cycling thru leagues...

HZ alternates between standard rshl and draft every other season, with occassion other leagues tossed in the mix (‘beer league’, football, etc). this seems to work just fine. this prob averages to 1.5 non-draft premier rshl a year.

it is suspect that the main person arguing that there MUST only be ONE twl a year has a neurotic obsession with titles and giving them as much weight as possible. a lot of us have been playing this for 20+ yrs... collecting titles aint a big fkn deal, many simply wanna play in the league that is the most competitive and yields the best gameplay experience, ie. not twdt. hence u had TWL winning by a good portion in the poll that was taken...

The Mind of the Father
                              Of relentless Fire

Comment

Claushouse made the point I made before this new season started and I msg'd WillBy with my concern. I understand that not having a league or not even one planned is a zone killer but with biden becoming president, there is most likely going to be another lockdown in early 2021 which will probably bring people back again like it did mid 2020 and if you plan it for February the latest it will work out. Rushing this league, a league without signups AND 12 teams, before the holiday season seems a bit excessive (and i've been pushing for 12 teams for a while too). Like everyone is saying, DT is the best league for this zone but lets not ruin it by forcing this league to happen without signups and then the shit show happens then everyone wonders what happened..

I think regardless of how everyone feels, its probably still going to be ran and it most likely will be a hot mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X