Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Season 22 Player Signup Thread and Other Info

No use in not sharing my process/total transparency:

I have sorted through last season's player list, noted players who haven't been on over 10 days (highlighted yellow) and removed any duplicate names I noticed, people who requested removal or people that havent been on in 6+ months.

Current List

How do I sign up?
    If your name is currently on the list in WHITE, you are already signed up and good to go! If you want to be extra sure, feel free to comment here or signup in game.

If your name is currently on the list in YELLOW, you were not retained from last seasons player list, and you will need to comment here or sign up in game.

If your name ISN'T on the list, you will need to sign up on here or in game.

This all sounds like a lot of work, what can I do that's easier for me?
    If you want, you may register using TWDTBot using !signup. It should take the list above into consideration. Alternatively, just reach out to me whenever you see me online (preferably not mid-TWD game) and I will register you.

After getting smacked in TWDTJ, I don't want to play anymore. What can I do?
    Similar to the signups, if your name is in WHITE, you will need to contact me to un-signup.

If your name is in YELLOW, you don't need to do anything- you will be removed from the list pre-signups.

If your name ISN'T on the list, you are not signed up currently, and don't need to do anything to remain not-signed up.

I'm afraid WillBy has me on ?ignore, what else can I do to not play this league?
    TWDTBot has been fitted with a !removesignup command that takes you off the list.

Where are the damn ratings?
    As we recently went through ratings in detail, I'm trying to avoid re-rating every player. Obviously, there will need to be adjustment to some players. I will be consulting some veteran players and league ops to rerate players we deem needing review. But if you want to provide some input, please let me know. The rating thread will be posted next week. In the meantime, please consult the previous seasons ratings.

Has a schedule been finalized?
    With a satisfactory captain count, we will work with the following schedule. Depending on how player signups look, we might push everything (except the break week, or course) back one week, with the draft instead on November 22.

Dates:

November 15 -- Draft (2:00PM EDT)
    November 22 -- Games 1/2
    November 29 -- Games 3/4
    December 6 -- FA
    December 6 -- Games 5 (Rivalry Week)
    December 13 -- Trading Deadline
    December 13 -- Games 6/7
    December 20 -- Games 8/9
    December 27 -- BYE Week
    January 3 -- Quarterfinals
    January 10 -- Semifinals
    January 17 -- Finals

Feedback is always welcome, whether it be rules, ratings or schedule. Thank you to our captain signups, and I look forward to another great league!
    Last edited by WillBy; 11-15-2020, 11:45 AM.

I would like the rules for this season to state what the lag limits are and to actual enforce those limits in all twdt arenas. Then going forward we can adjust the limits if we choose to. Last season felt like lag limits were not working or not configured at all and some people were clearly much laggier than should be allowed. Not even knowing what the limits are hurts the league.

I made a thread so people could note down ratings changes as they were noticed during last season. Unfortunately most people chose to argue instead, but some people contributed so it's worth scanning through it. https://forums.trenchwars.com/twdt/1...or-next-season

I would like to play terr/shark in base, but my spider rating being higher means I'm trapped in spider. Is there a way I can be rated for those ships instead of for spider? Seeing as we have more teams there's going to be more demand for terr/shark than usual, a shortage in the draft would suck.

Comment

Speaking of rules, can we get clarification if teams starting shorthanded are getting a forfeit, and make sure it's in the rules as well since this was a mid-season rule added. If this rule gets added It probably doesn't matter for base as much as it does for the other divisions.

Personally I think it shouldn't be auto-forfeit until x amount of minutes have passed to allow anyone with technical difficulties to be subbed, etc.
      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
      (10 seconds later)
      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Sign me up
        Geio> Down to chill and play that
        Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Wow no big ratings talk, sad!

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
            I would like to play terr/shark in base, but my spider rating being higher means I'm trapped in spider. Is there a way I can be rated for those ships instead of for spider? Seeing as we have more teams there's going to be more demand for terr/shark than usual, a shortage in the draft would suck.
            This way makes more sense to me. For example, I don’t think a baser should be rated a 10 in the current rating system unless they’re considered a 10 in all 3 main ships (see: JAMAL, turban, etc). It would significantly lower the number of 10s with the current rating system, but be more accurate, imo. However, I think a better way to do basing ratings would be how Rab’s mentioned. The only issue I can see off the bat is if a player’s ship is changed mid game, how would that work? The bot would need to recognize the star change immediately and that part does seem pretty complicated to figure out. If it could work, it would also give captains more room to play around with different lines.
            J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
            8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post

This way makes more sense to me. For example, I don’t think a baser should be rated a 10 in the current rating system unless they’re considered a 10 in all 3 main ships (see: JAMAL, turban, etc). It would significantly lower the number of 10s with the current rating system, but be more accurate, imo. However, I think a better way to do basing ratings would be how Rab’s mentioned. The only issue I can see off the bat is if a player’s ship is changed mid game, how would that work? The bot would need to recognize the star change immediately and that part does seem pretty complicated to figure out. If it could work, it would also give captains more room to play around with different lines.
              I'd love to have separate ship ratings, but this league is already starting soon and I don't think theres time to properly rerate everyone. Maybe before the next league we can work on separating those out. I'm not the bot expert, but on a limited basis I'd be willing to look into rating players based on a separate ship, and manually restricting them from playing anything different. As you pointed out, most players (particularly at higher ratings) are already rated on a single ship. I dont want to punish players who can flex into different roles, but I personally would be receptive to letting some players choose a different ship to play that season, as long as that is declared well ahead of the draft.

Comment

I declare well ahead of the draft

Comment

Please remove my name from this list. I wish I could play more consistently, but those days may be gone. I’d hate for a captain to burn a pick—even if it is a late round pick.

Thanks in advance.
                  RaCka> how can i get you here
                  death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                  RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                  death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                    I declare well ahead of the draft
                    Shark or terr? While the ratings may end up being the same, I'd like to be specific.

If we go through with these single ship ratings, the rules will be adjusted to reflect that. It would likely be similar to the existing rule about exceeding star cap- if switched ships/subbed, it would have to be apparent that no advantage was gained for the brief moment the player was in the wrong ship.

Originally posted by death row View Post
                    Please remove my name from this list. I wish I could play more consistently, but those days may be gone. I’d hate for a captain to burn a pick—even if it is a late round pick.

Thanks in advance.
                    Sorry to hear that, but understandable. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                      Shark or terr? While the ratings may end up being the same, I'd like to be specific.
                      I'm happy playing either so I'd rather leave it up to the cap rather than confining myself to just one ship and I think the ratings will be the same so that shouldn't be a problem. The point is just that I accept getting a lower rating means I won't be allowed to spider. If you think the ratings are different I'm fine with you picking the higher one. If I really must choose one I'd choose shark.

Comment

ready to be 6* lancaster

Comment

Please remove me from the list of players eligible to be drafted. I won't be playing this time around; don't want a captain wasting a pick on me. Thanks.

Comment

dun b fkin dyke tsinimi! furthirmore jus leaf rab @ 8.5

Comment

Remove me from the list as well

Comment

Working...
                              X