Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the lag lasted about a solid 60-90 seconds with another minute or two afterwards still being kinda funky.

if crips team was controlling FR at the time (was this the case? did the lag impact halo moreso than the opposition?) and they lost by 30 seconds its hard to deny that the lag didnt royally fuk them and cost them the game.

assuming the above questions i pose are affirmative i would grant a replay, and also to any other team who can prove similar conditions, ie losing by less than 2 min and the lag negatively affecting ur team moreso than opponent.

imagine if this happened in the finals. the game would prob be stopped and redone. in reg season we dont have this luxury, but if a team can prove their case based on the rather strict conditions i highlighted above then they have solid grounds for an appeal.

The Mind of the Father
    Riding on the subtle guiders
    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
    Of relentless Fire

Comment

https://youtu.be/TDGNPcSmqBU?t=216

3:36 mark is when servers started to act up. admittedly, we were not in a commanding position at that point, but still easily recoverable. however the game turned out to be completely unplayable which eventually resulted in our team getting wiped out after a series of bombs and mines (none of which we could deal with as most weapons, including repels, were simply not registering on other players' clients). time difference was 30 seconds when server had a severe hiccup (1:24 - 2:04), but due to the team wipe (which we couldn't do anything about) and their strong cram, which was no doubt empowered by our frustration at the situation, we did not get another second of flag time for another 5 minutes.

it was definitely annoying and servers should have been rebooted before the games began. lesson learned -- next time it's probably better to force a server reboot to minimize the risk of this happening again. in TWL this would be the easiest appeal to accept, but to be honest I don't care too much as I have complete faith in my team to qualify.

Comment

3/5 of the matches were won by less than 1 minute so if this is accepted then at a minimum all 3 of those games need to replayed if not all 5 for the timeslot
        Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Lets just write off Sunday as pre-season and re-do the entire weekend at this point.

Comment

I'm not playing, but I'd like to add that having to only play each team once has a huge impact on this decision. These games may ultimately effect any tie-breakers later. If you were playing each team twice throughout the season, I don't think it would be that big of an issue. Short season, big decision.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
              3/5 of the matches were won by less than 1 minute so if this is accepted then at a minimum all 3 of those games need to replayed if not all 5 for the timeslot
              again, having video evidence (or the opposing teams captain’s admittal) that the lagout fukt the losing team moreso than the winner ought to be a second qualification. this is not hard to substantiate.

replaying all of the games is pushing it, particularly since different lines would be able to be utilized. asking each team to field the same 8 is unrealistic. for instance, if pure luck vs mastirs was replayed and a2m was shark and myseld in spid, mastirs wud get demolished, but that is prob not fair to them.

rasaq highlights an important point and is partially why i invoked the example of if this had happened in finals ... each of these games has huge playoff implications, for better or for worse (considering there is no preseason (wtf?), id go with the latter)

The Mind of the Father
              Riding on the subtle guiders
              Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
              Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post
                I don’t think this game nor any others should be replayed unless there were clear statements or concerns expressed by the captains. The way it currently seems is that some players said something (to someone, or just pub chat? Idk), but there was obviously no major push to cancel and restart the games. No one completely stopped playing in order to establish their dissatisfaction with the lag interference and to further push for fairly restarted games. We all acknowledged the lag and whined, but continued playing every match til the end anyway.
                I did stop/kinda. 4:55 you can see the red chat. i was wondering what was gonna happen. Seeing as no one stopped playing, i just didn't want to be the one that specs and gets everything fucked up, and i bet everyone else felt the same. Can you blame anyone for that? No, and that is why the league OP should do something about it given the close outcome. They have that power so that we, the players, can play without having to think about that.
                Last edited by Kings; 11-24-2020, 09:14 AM. Reason: syntax

Comment

Right before kings got killed during that server lag at side bar, I had hit attach like 10 times and it wouldn't even do anything... You can see me finally attach / stay attached / die or whatever happened. Definitely cost us base 8.5.2

Comment

We also had a flag jupe that felt like it lasted at least a full minute...
                    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                    (10 seconds later)
                    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
                      hmm, i did not see that flag jupe during the first minute. I just thought we didn't grab the flag, but we did. So yeah, the lag issue has affected a lot of games. We could even have appealed the game with the flag jupe which also cost us the game.
                      Last edited by Kings; 11-24-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

The only thing that cost the Halo this game was their inability to base properly.

Kind Regards
                        Golden_Aim
                        revolt> my girl
                        Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
                        Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
                        Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
                        Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
                        1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
                          there is a !jupe command for captains to use so jupes can no longer affect a game

Comment

Everyone experienced the exact same lag at the exact same time, therefore no advantage was gained from lag alone.

The video even shows the appealing team on the ropes in a FR battle when the lag kicks in. The other team, which was also experiencing the same lag, cleared them.

This is a preposterous appeal.
                            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                            Message has been sent to online moderators
                            2:BLeeN> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>no
                            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                            2:BLeeN> ok then no
                            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                              Everyone experienced the exact same lag at the exact same time, therefore no advantage was gained from lag alone.

The video even shows the appealing team on the ropes in a FR battle when the lag kicks in. The other team, which was also experiencing the same lag, cleared them.

This is a preposterous appeal.
                              Hey bud why don’t you try attacking a cram for a minute of server lag while the enemy is at an obvious advantage in a cram hold and then lose by 30 seconds and tell me if that’s fair.
                              The lag kicked in when we were already at a near disadvantage cornered where it was still possible for us to get out of it. Our sharks couldn’t attach and they couldn’t rep. We lost FR. And the lag didn’t stop then, the game was still funky for a good minute or two after the severe lag stopped regardless when they had cram. For you to say it was equal, it wasn’t. We lost nearly 2-3 minutes of any time because of the lag issues. We lost by 30 seconds. There’s more than enough grounds for me to stick up for my team and appeal.

you’ve played this game for nearly 25 years
                              you out of all people should know that whenever server lag effects close games, it has ALWAYS been a granted appeal.
                              obviously you’ve been out of it so why don’t you stay out of it bud with your PREPOSTEROUS opinions and stick to the facts and rules that this game has abided by.
                              Last edited by Efhat; 11-24-2020, 06:30 PM.
                              FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                              #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Originally posted by Efhat View Post
                                We were in complete control of the game, up two minutes, and in a FR battle. And approximately six minutes of server lag kicked in, making us lose well over SIX minutes into a match in which we lost 20 seconds to. We were in control of flag room battle when the server started acting up which ultimately resulted in us getting wiped out with 0 counter play. We couldn't even attack cram properly in the SIX minutes the server lag was happening and Unknown25 gained.
                                I am appealing this match with the consideration that if no server lag occurred, we would've won by far.

I'm glad my 100$ donation is going to good use.
                                A couple of the statements in this appeal have been disproved by the recording. To summarize:
                                • Halo claims they had a 2 minute advantage prior to lag kicking in, when actually they were down by about 30 seconds.
                                • They claim that the lag started while in a flagroom battle, but in truth they were already on the ropes, and their terrier Kings miraculously evaded several deaths via bombs to the face, lagged ports, or the lag teleporting. At no point in this flagroom "battle" did it seem that the opposing terr, Golden_Aim, felt similar pressure nor utilized such miraculous escapes.
                                • Halo claims that the lag lasted for 6 minutes, which may have seemed true to cripple, but in my own game things resolved much quicker and I think most people would agree that it was fully resolved after about 2 minutes.
                                • Halo claims the lag prevented them from breaking cram for 6 minutes. However, after the Kings TeK at around the 4 minute mark, they quickly broke cram (back in FR by minute 6). The longer cram took place after the lag had more or less subsided.
                                • Halo later made back most of their time, but were unable to hold a 90 second cram to swap the win. In the subsequent flagroom battle, Halo failed to control flag for the remaining 30 seconds. They lost the most crucial fight fair and square.
                                I will agree about the following statements, as I feel somewhat the same way about my own game (we lost by 52 seconds).
                                • The lag affected the game in a way that might've hurt us by a minute or more. This is just impossible to quantify. Imagine if Kings had just lagged out at the start of the lag, rather than surviving for the majority of the laggy minutes. As great as the escapes some terriers pull can be, if there is no moment of safety where players can reattach and start controlling part of the flag room, then the survived minute is a wasted minute of pure Unknown25 flag time.
                                • The lag affected our team for more than 2 minutes. While I maintain the lag did not last much over 2 minutes towards the start of the match, the game is a mental exercise and it can be difficult to play as calmly and competently after an incident. However, I believe the ability to overcome the mental game is a crucial part of a veteran mentality, and this is partially why Unknown25 was able to march back in with despite being TeKed in the very late game. Combined with some mistakes on the part of Halo, and what could've been an easy hold turned extra messy.

My point in all that is, your close loss was not a measurable result of lag. It is just that- a close loss.

In the end, I see no significant evidence that demonstrates that if no server lag had occurred, Halo would've won the game (by far). This was the chosen appeal statement.

This appeal is rejected.

As with the other appeal thread, I will leave this open for a bit for further, civil discussion

Comment

Working...
                                X