TWDT 24 Finals HYPE Thread, Individual Achievements and Recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT 24 Finals HYPE Thread, Individual Achievements and Recognition

Even with a single-round robin tournament it’s felt like a long season for many. A season filled with a few new-ish TWDT captains, and the familiar competitiveness of seasoned TW veterans mixed with eager up-and-comers and new players ready to prove their worth. Tomorrow’s matches will mark the finale to TWDT Season 24, and extend the league’s history board another notch higher.

We saw some great 1v1 action early on, a masterful clinch (HYPE!- No Critir no victiry) in warbirds, a controversial server-lag appeal, multiple failed trade negotiations, and a semi-finals round where 5 out of 6 matches were pushed to a 3rd round decision. Before I highlight individual achievements from this season, I’d like to recognize and extend my gratitude to the volunteers.

First and foremost, a massive THANK YOU to the many volunteers whose time and passion invested into this community and our leagues are the backbone of making all of this, even this forum post, possible. Thank you. To me, it’s important your efforts do not go unnoticed.

THANK YOU-
    WillBy, thank you for stepping up as the head TWDT Op and organizing this entire thing, making the schedules, managing trade approvals, appeals, and carrying us towards tomorrow’s finish line.

Wirah, a massive thank you for updating and maintaining the website every week.

RageRitual, thank you for providing us with your weekly “nerd sheet” reports… I know many appreciate the stat analysis and effort you put into those.

Project Dragon, Markmrw, Sprackle, Snoop, and Tj Hazuki THANK YOU for recording and posting the many match recordings each week… this was a great team effort.

Qan and BIET- you guys fucking rock. Thank you for supporting the zone and its playerbase, listening to suggestions, and GETTING SHIT DONE.

Thank you to my fellow TWDT captains for stepping up and taking on the stress of drafting, trading, and working your lineups around the league’s star caps. That shit wasn’t easy.

LASTLY… THANK YOU TO ALL PLAYERS FOR LOGGING IN AND BRINGING THE HYPE EACH AND EVERY SUNDAY. This game is still around because of you and what each of you bring to this community. It’s fkin crazy.

STANDOUT PLAYERS FROM TWDT SEASON 24-

TWDT Captains
    Tiny takes home the award for best and most improved captainship bouncing back from a week 1 1-5 record, to a smart Free Agency pickup in Siaxis (CHANGE THE NAME MAN, luv u), and taking his team to warbird and basing FINALS (hype) matches.

Shoutouts to Flew and violence for dominating their regular season matches. Flew’s team made it to the TWDTJ Finals (HYPE) match, and violence’s team never fell out of the top 2 in regular season rankings.

Dreamwin- YOU DID WHAT WAS EXPECTED OF YOU. Kidding, but amazing job for not faltering all season long and taking your team to warbird and javelin finals.

Warbird
    Renzi and yeH (both 7.5*) finished in the top 15 TWDT WB ratings this season… true x factors for their teams. Both exceeded the warbird KPD mark of approval with 1.43, and 1.38, respectively.

Ag$ (aggi) and nlie (both 6.5*) finished in the top 40 ratings ladder, even rating better than many big-name warbirds.

Vys takes home the achievement for most kills in wb with 173… next closest was 143

Javelin
    Temujin- after a ratings bump from the previous TWDT season, temu found himself atop the TWDTJ ratings ladder and soundly captured the bragging rights for most kills (170… next closest was 139). It’s time to take the “up and comer” tag off this guy.

Cripple and zeebu- the only 7.5* and LOWER javs with a positive K/D. Close mentions for this achievement go out to BugySwartz, banzi, Beast, and Lockdown.

Spider
    Renzi narrowly takes home the award for most kills in spider with 1173. Stayon was close behind, and with 2 fewer games played at the time of writing with 1110.

Shoutout to Vys for most TeKs (17).

Somewhat even more impressive is Tiny’s TeK count finishing in the top 5 with 14 TeKs as a 7*.

Terr
    SpookedOne as an 8* took advantage of a powerful supporting lineup and takes home the achievement for highest rating, K/D (12.29), most kills (418) AND TeKs, and a tie with Ogron for least deaths (34). I’m giving the full nod to SpookedOne, though, as he played 5 more matches at the time of writing. A statistical SWEEP. Hats off to you.

Shark
    Sprackle (animeboy12) for most kills at 160, TeKs at 14, and highest TWDTB Shark rating at 118. Another sweep!

Mvp as an 8* finished in the top 4 shark ratings and kills (120). Keep it up man.

TWDT FINALS HYPE
    2021 is about to heat up fast with this weekend’s TWDT finale, and immediate transition into TWL squad qualifications (fkin HYPEEE).

Which draft teams will etch their names atop the TWDT History board, and which will be forced to settle for 2nd place?

Which players and squads are scheming and politicking in preparation for strict TWL roster limits?

Whose pubbux match bets will pay off BIG$$$ tomorrow? Place your bets here (thanks, Tiny).

Fueled by the return of old names and faces (Apok, Crazy Canockout, Collusion, Evasive to name a few…) playing TWD matches… if you’ve logged in over the past 2 weeks you can sense it. You can feel the palpable anticipation. The HYPE.

As always, TWDT finals matches are best of 3, with Warbirds starting at 2pm est.

Since HYPE! was eliminated from playoffs (womp womp) I will be streaming and commentating all matches… hop in game spec chat to watch provide your thoughts on the ongoing games, or tune into the stream to keep up with all TWDT finals action. https://www.twitch.tv/dwopplesubspace

​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    twdt.trenchwars.org​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Buckle up, f*ckers and get HYPED for 2021 TRENCH WARS ACTION.

See you in game!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dwopple; 01-16-2021, 08:17 PM.
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Nice post. Well done everyone, good season overall.

My recognition goes to Ogron for the sharking guide, plus a2m and everyone else who took part in that discussion. Choosing shark only was a bit of a risk and the star cap meant I didn't get much play time, but I have improved a lot in shark so I think it was worth it. Won't be doing it again though. For future reference I think 8.5* is a fair shark rating for me now.

Comment

this is 1 of the gr8est posts ne1 has efir vsd, u recignize the wirk and performincis of so many ppl. gr8 wirk

Comment

Great, I agree that the organizers and contributors deserve a shoutout.

For some more hype I thought I would add something. Twdt definitely gives a lot of people a chance to compete on a higher level. Here’s a list of people that are in consecutive finals. No one is in their third consecutive final. Only 3 can win back to back finals.

Starters from last finals in twdt-b - vys, mvp, tj hazuki, sprackle, wbm, banzi

Starters from last twdt-j finals - mikkiz

Starters from last twdt-d finals - banzi
        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Great post dwop, thanks for putting it together.

Huge shout out to Spooked for running the board. Great season!
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Dwop for pres.
            2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
              Nice post. Well done everyone, good season overall.

My recognition goes to Ogron for the sharking guide, plus a2m and everyone else who took part in that discussion. Choosing shark only was a bit of a risk and the star cap meant I didn't get much play time, but I have improved a lot in shark so I think it was worth it. Won't be doing it again though. For future reference I think 8.5* is a fair shark rating for me now.
              Agreed 100%...GOATS for putting together that guide. I always enjoy watching highly rated vets explain their thinking and decision making process to others. It's quite invaluable for our community. Another person who deserves a shoutout for his guidance is RaCka in wb.

Originally posted by afghan View Post
              Great, I agree that the organizers and contributors deserve a shoutout.

For some more hype I thought I would add something. Twdt definitely gives a lot of people a chance to compete on a higher level. Here’s a list of people that are in consecutive finals. No one is in their third consecutive final. Only 3 can win back to back finals.

Starters from last finals in twdt-b - vys, mvp, tj hazuki, sprackle, wbm, banzi

Starters from last twdt-j finals - mikkiz

Starters from last twdt-d finals - banzi
              Agreed! Consecutive final appearances are difficult to achieve. Thank you for this mention.

zidane> big play
              Omega Red> dwop sick
              mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
              WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
              1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Working...
              X