TWDT Format Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
    i haf to say that if sum1 is 6* in a league, they pribibly don't gif 2 much fks about playing in that league

i definitly think u should make it so two 10*s cud vs in ld/lj and not b forced to add sum 6* scrubmin

twd exists for girpigemin who just want to haf a sk8 n not care 2 much about winnink/losink

organized leagues should b about competitition, n u shouldn't haf to sicrifice insirtink mastir playirs to allow sum scrubmin p1ssb0i in a league they pribibly dont gif 1 singil fk about becuz if they did they wudnt b a 6* in the first place

should b abil to add for exampil, 10* 10* 8.5* 7.5* 7* in twdtd/twdtj if u wish, or 10 10 9 7 7

vs viop wintwirth 8 sifin sifin cish niw

8 sifin sifin cish niw

8 sifin sifin cish niwwww
    I'm dying

Comment

So clearly there aren't nearly enough sign ups currently to run this league. While there are still a couple weeks before my planned draft date, I don't see another 100 or so people signing up which is about what I'd want to run this new format. I'm willing to change the format or revert to the previous mode if that will resolve some of the hesitancy people have with signing up. If the lack of sign ups is purely due to covid vaccinations and gaming fatigue from twl, then we may need to delay a little longer or run something else.

I'm very interested in what the guys signing up think would make the league more appealing or if you guys just would prefer going with a star cap etc. Also the players who aren't signing up, I'd like to know why and if there's anything I can do regarding the format that may entice you to sign up.
      Last edited by beam; 06-04-2021, 02:11 PM.
      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

I haven’t signed up yet. I was away on vacation last week and super busy catching up on work this week. Part of my hesitation to sign up ASAP has to do with uncertainty about my dedication to this game over the summer. If I signed up, I definitely would miss games due to unforeseen things scheduled over the summer that I’m sure my wife hasn’t told me about. I was probably going to sign up, but I haven’t had a chance to overlay what your schedule is in relation to the calendar to see exactly what my show rate would be to adequately warn captains.

Another issue is I have to make a decision on how many leagues to sign up for. It’s a given that I should play base, but again am unsure as to how much time I can dedicate on a Sunday. It was a challenge for me this past TWL to show for anything more than the 1 hour I needed for twlb with any consistency. As a fringe WB/Jav starter, I may be able to show to select games on Sundays and no chance to show up anytime after 7 pm EST during the week.

These are all personal issues that I need to weigh and figure out on my own that probably don’t affect the decision making for league format. As stated above, I am most likely signing up and opting out of WB due to time restraints (although it’s always a roll of the dice as to whether I would be more useful to a team’s WB lineup or jav lineup depending on makeup of the team).
        Dice
        TWLB Champions Season 8
        TWLJ Champions Season 8
        TWLB Champions Season 10
        TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

I'd say just can it.
          Watch TWD activity, when that picks up after being fucked by TWL, then that's the time to re-schedule.
          Never do TWL again.

Comment

Just run TWDT again with a higher star cap. That way stacking is curbed somewhat but the only way 6*'s will get in is for lack of squad activity(which unfortunately is almost guaranteed to happen over the summer).

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
            Asia Minor> maybe not
            Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
            bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
            bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
            bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
            bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

62 players signed up at the moment and I logged on around like 2:30pm est today with 74 players online, including bots. We’re seeing maybe up to 120 players online at most once or twice a week with an average of around 95ish players any given night. Agreed with Rab, can it for now and hope the game picks up again some time after the summer. Definitely need to consider an alternative for TWL as well, assuming we have the population for anything like that in the future. The game had a nice small resurgence with covid lockdowns, but now that things are starting to return to normal, it seems the game is just continuing on the same downward trajectory as it was pre-covid.
              J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
              8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

I would pause a couple of months until Autumn, and then fire up with a simple uncapped TWDT. If there are limited signups in Autumn then the star limits are redundant anyways.

Pro/Challenger idea a good one, but requires a lot of signups.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post
                  62 players signed up at the moment and I logged on around like 2:30pm est today with 74 players online, including bots. We’re seeing maybe up to 120 players online at most once or twice a week with an average of around 95ish players any given night. Agreed with Rab, can it for now and hope the game picks up again some time after the summer. Definitely need to consider an alternative for TWL as well, assuming we have the population for anything like that in the future. The game had a nice small resurgence with covid lockdowns, but now that things are starting to return to normal, it seems the game is just continuing on the same downward trajectory as it was pre-covid.
                  debbie downer strikes again

you dont know what ur talking about renzi. i hardly even know what im talking about. but what i do know is that between the two years ago that i returned and last year when covid hit the population and activity has been on an upward trend ebbs and flows aside. and im pretty sure that other ppl like ogron have commented that the game was almost dead a couple of years ago.

the reality is this is a beautiful game and there isnt much else like it out there. the movement and physics are very well designed; people keep coming back for a reason. the meta, particularly for basing, is still in its infancy in certain regards. 20 years later it still maintains a striking sense of freshness. what im attempting to communicate will only be fully elucidated by those who can see the game well enough to understand.

hence, i put my energy into this game, and i do it with a certain pride. and when buffoons like renzi are tossing their shit all over the place in a way that can only serve as a burden to the community, i suppose i feel the need to arbitrate.

renzi, perhaps a cool dip in the spring

The Mind of the Father
                  Riding on the subtle guiders
                  Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                  Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post

debbie downer strikes again

you dont know what ur talking about renzi. i hardly even know what im talking about. but what i do know is that between the two years ago that i returned and last year when covid hit the population and activity has been on an upward trend ebbs and flows aside. and im pretty sure that other ppl like ogron have commented that the game was almost dead a couple of years ago.

the reality is this is a beautiful game and there isnt much else like it out there. the movement and physics are very well designed; people keep coming back for a reason. the meta, particularly for basing, is still in its infancy in certain regards. 20 years later it still maintains a striking sense of freshness. what im attempting to communicate will only be fully elucidated by those who can see the game well enough to understand.

hence, i put my energy into this game, and i do it with a certain pride. and when buffoons like renzi are tossing their shit all over the place in a way that can only serve as a burden to the community, i suppose i feel the need to arbitrate.

renzi, perhaps a cool dip in the spring
                    Oh damn when’s the last time I struck? Lol really though, I’m not sure what part of that came off as particularly negative or angry or whatever.I’m also not sure what you mean by “buffoons like renzi...serve as a burden...” kinda just uncalled for imo, but you do you, booboo. I was just throwing in my 2 cents is all. I’d definitely take that dip in a spring though cause that just sounds nice af
                    J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                    8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

I am a fan of delaying the league for a little while, i do however think that the only way to increase activity in TWD and weekend league is to have something to play for.
                      Players seem to like to have a reason to play other than just to play.

I really like the idea of the challenger league as it will give the less experienced players a chance to play a competitive game in different leagues.

Perhaps as suggested to give us something to play for, a mini or single league (WB tourny, Jav tourny, Base) , maybe even TSL for a few weeks would be a nice activity boost until TWDT in whatever form it takes can be viable.

Also spring dip sounds awesome hook me up!
                      MRW

Comment

If a2m can’t make it...it must be switched for sure. a2m, Please post your schedule so we can just make a league around it please. Also, let us know what holidays you are ok with celebrating. Ty for this.

ps a2m is still my bro.
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

We could just scale the league down. Do 4 teams and host a normal TWDT. Nothing different than previous season. Would be short and easy to run.
                          After each team has played each other twice, top 2 teams in each league go into finals.
                          Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                          TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

DIDNT READ ANYTHING AFTIR MY LAST POST BUT ALLOW TWDT W/ .5 or 1.0 HIGHIR STAR CIP IN WB/JIFLIN

Comment

RIGILIR TWDT LIKE B4

Comment

could izily vs a 10 team normil twdt w/ slight increase in the * c1p. furthirmore pisidin rinzis diprissed post is wut u haf been vsink on hz forim, vsink hold out becuz u haf sum narratif in ur head that there is no midfield play anymore and the spidir sucks which cudnt b furthir from the truth, and u dont eefin play so u wudnt kniw. vs sum tistic

Comment

Working...
                                X