Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with Rab on this one. Aliases in any competitive league should be of public knowledge. I change my style of play depending on who is on the opposing team and have to say that it is more difficult to play against aliased players in dueling leagues when you have no clue who they are.

Comment

Agreed with Rab/Turb. This year, I think the draft was handled nicely but there has been some years where you have absolutely no clue who is this never heard 9/8/8 player until you individually insist an answer. Aliases should always be transparent prior draft day in league setting.
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Have to say I agree with renzi. I make decisions based on what the space ships are actually doing, not the name on them.

I've never gave a shit about an alias in my entire life, the only thing that matters is that they explode like anyone else. I don't really understand the sense of entitlement to know who you're playing against. Its an online game.

Lets not act like TW hasn't had cockroaches in staff for years leaking aliases nonstop while qan is clueless and has no idea whats going on or doesn't give a fuck. Lets also not act like you cant diagnose another player very quickly, turban.

So yeah.. Aliases become public knowledge anyways.

Just my 2 cents.

edit: Just to be clear: for drafting purposes, yes, I agree they should be public knowledge. Competitively, I don't care at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
          Agreed with Rab/Turb. This year, I think the draft was handled nicely but there has been some years where you have absolutely no clue who is this never heard 9/8/8 player until you individually insist an answer. Aliases should always be transparent prior draft day in league setting.
          That's not really what he's talking about. Rab is complaining that Spirit had his name changed to l'appel du vide in twdt, which is the name he's been using daily for months and had already played a week of twdt on the name before even facing Rab's team. He was switched because he lost access to the name Spirit. During the adding period of twdtj, 5 minutes before the match started I got a pm from Rab that Spirit wasn't using his correct dt name according to the sheet. I explained to him that I don't maintain the sheet and just update the bot/site, but I'd have Heaven update the sheet when he got a chance. It was clear that they knew what his alias was prior to the match and the notion of needing a week to mentally prepare and strategize for your opponent's 7* player is completely ludicrous.
          Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Yeah this is about people changing name after the draft - when you find yourself against someone in-game who you've never heard of and isn't on the draft sheet.

This season, kess did it, and spirit did it, that I know of.

I was surprised by beam's response as I'd never heard of spirit or l'appel du vide, maybe it's a timezone thing, who knows. So it didn't change tactics for me, but it was still an annoying distraction I shouldn't have had to deal with (and beam shouldn't have had to deal with). I also think he's underrated so maybe I'm not the only one who doesn't know him.

For kess it really did matter because kess is 100x better than some unknown person called "SGA". This was week 1 so I expected the teams sheets and website to match, and nobody had mentioned any name changes, so I didn't even see any ratings for SGA to even take a guess. So again I had to ask, distracting me and whoever answered that call (might have been Racka).

I don't think it's controversial because a forum post just to let people know about the name change costs nothing. It's not like I'm saying you can't change name, although it's considerate to use a name everyone knows and stick with it, and I don't really see why you'd want to change name other than misleading people.

Comment

the fact that players routinely use alias' as a tactical advantage so players underestimate them speaks volumes to rab's point. In a competitive league alias' should be public knowledge

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
              Asia Minor> maybe not
              Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
              bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
              bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
              bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
              bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo! View Post
                the fact that players routinely use alias' as a tactical advantage so players underestimate them speaks volumes to rab's point. In a competitive league alias' should be public knowledge
                all captains should have this knowledge at the very least. all captains should have all alias info prior to the draft (or FA draft.)

that rule should be added to the mix. it doesnt really matter that all the other players know or dont know who is who, as long is it is crystal clear who is who to every single captain prior to the draft. aliasing should never be used to deceive captains during the draft.

i would also probably add that once youre drafted, you shouldnt be able to change your twdt name.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                X