TWDTB Week 3 Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDTB Week 3 Predictions

This week is going to be SPICY with a talented Free Agent core looking to shake up the base standings.

Week 2 Recap:
    Week 2 Record 4-4 *doesn't include terrorist games
    Season Record 9-7

Kobe dispatched Paddington, despite the prophesized return of Skatarius and Ra. The noticeable absence of a league operator left Paddington short a few sharks, and their backups left something to be desired. Kobe suffered few weak spots in their Cape-less debut. Pressure's presence eased the star shuffle, and ekko filled in well as a low star shark.

Blast disappointed me vs the less than predictable Morph. I hate to blame a dude who's playing a strange ship, but AFRI had a 2.33 RPD for 79 deaths, which indicated a problem. Also absent a league operator, Blast's line was in turmoil the entire time and they couldn't get it sorted out in time to rout Kings, who anchored Morph with an impressive 25-3, 2 TeKs. bram and Major Crisis held it down in ship 8 with decent scores. Morph's spiders all put up impressive recs. It looks like they may have their line more or less figured out here.

Power crushed Funk in one of the biggest beat-downs of the season. I didn't watch the game, but my sophisticated stats formulas flagged the teams 287-414 overall record as a possible reason they didn't win. The top heavy spider line didn't seem to pan out, and henry saari MVP'd averaging nearly the same DPM as Funks terrier. Ouch.

The Piwirifil Fingirmin handled Thunder in a convincing 15-10, a reversal of my prediction. Viop asked me to stop predicting him to lose, and he's proved worthy here. Thunder's seeming inability to bring down the mighty Frozen Throne led to their demise, as they lost despite star advantages at every position. Violence and the mysterious animeboy12 each put up an impressive 3 TeKs each, and now lead the league in shark rating.

Terrorist snuck out a narrow victory over hottub homeboys on the back of a timely terrier switch. Maketso wrecked in both spider and terrier, terrorists sharks grabbed minutes of flag time with strong cramming, and 6* rabbit put up an impressive 73-45. Overall, I was very happy with the team's performance and ability to rally. Team Renzi performed well, as indicated by the final 14:19-15 score. Less than stellar RPDs from their sharks might be the the reason the couldn't secure the final 41 seconds. Hottub will take this lesson back to the locker room, and come out stronger as a result next weekend.

Power reminded Kobe who the leagues top team is with impressive scores across the board. Kobe put forth a good effort, but fell short of the mark. Zidane continued his impressive 3.0 RPD streak, and most of Power's spiders fell close to a 2:1 KD. Kobe looked more impressive with their same line. Only 65.5 stars, they could easily find room for Cape to spider in this line, or switch Ekko back to his main ship. Best did not basebird.

The first time I didn't pick Blast to win, and they actually put up a fight. Turban (46-11, 4 TeKs)made the 10* terr look good, but not as good as Ogron (42-11, 2 TeKs). Suboptimal sharking left RaCka-less Blast high and dry, as Omega Red (2.96 RPD) dragged AFRI (briefly) and zeebu forward. The sharks proved too heavy, which is a shame considering their strong spider and terrier performance. Ease's team looked strong, except for a couple worrying points in a 2.77 RPD from Dwopple, Ogron's 11 deaths, and Dad's slight negative record. A win is a win.

Paddington couldn't stay afloat against an under-starred hottub homeboys, who were fresh off a narrow loss and looking for revenge. Long story short, Paddington's sharks had a collective 2.4 RPD. Who knew that the glue holding paddington together was beam?

Terrorist looked like the team I thought they were, in a 15-7 routing of Morph. Subpar sharking from bram and MC was the story of the game as Morph just couldn't get it together. Terrorist looks like a threat despite an 0-2 start to the league.

The Fingirmin certainly were piwirfil, and secured a narrow victory over Funk. A less than stellar 37-9 from Frozen throne wasn't enough to stall out Viops pain train. Otherwise, the fingirmin looked great and secured their second 6-win week. Funk had an unfortunate draw in opponents this week, losing to the top 2 teams. Commodo's team is full of strong competitors though, and could easily be overlooked by their week 3 opponents.

Week 3 Predictions

Kobe vs Terrorist
    Kobe 1 - 15 Terrorist
    Kobe's 2 wins come against cellar dwellers Paddington and Blast; their losses against top teams Piwir and Powerfil Fingirmin. While they put up impressive numbers against Viops team in the first game of the season, they also allowed more time to Paddington than Tiny's team has scored in their 3 other games combined. Hard to predict. Terrorist with maketso in is averaging 1 terr death per game. Statistically, it's either going to happen vs Kobe or vs Thunder this week, and my money is on Thunder.

Hottub Homeboys vs Piwirfil Fingirmin
    HH 13 - 15 PF
    The Fingirmin have escaped by many teams in narrow wins such as 15-13:35 vs Funk, 15-14:21 vs Kobe and 15-12:53 vs Terrorist. The so-far perfect team can bleed, the question is can Hottub make them. Hottub has losses to two of those teams, although they were close matches. Hottubs keys to victory will be to break crams quickly and to ensure their sharks put up better RPDs. Maybe a clutch FA acquisition could fill out their star cap and help renzi and stayon carry their low stars.

Thunder vs Funk
    Thunder 12 - 15 Funk
    I feel like every game these two teams play has been on my radar. They both started the season 2-0 with their 10* captains leading the way. Tough week 2 draws against the other undefeated teams left these 2 looking closer to the middle of the pack. I am giving the edge to Funk as they seem to be a more complete team. Their low stars, Lee(7*) and Four pLai(6*), went 99-47 and 84-80, respectively, against top tier PF last week. Thunders low stars have proven to be more of a liability for them, posting 63-44, 70-66 and 68-50 in a a 4 minute shorter game, also against PF. If Ease and kess put their headbands on, Ogron avoids unnecessary death, and Cig doesn't let Commodo push him around, this game could turn out different than I've predicted.

Power vs Morph
    Power 15 - 9 Morph
    Power has been dominating all of their opponents this season, and the trend looks to continue at least 1 more game. While Morph could pose more of a threat than Paddington (15-0), Blast (15-11), and Funk (15-4), Power is still looking like a clear favorite. Morph had a brighter week 2 and seems to hav their line figured out, and should be a litmus test in comparing Power's relatively light first half schedule before heading into a gauntlet second half.

Blast vs Paddington
    Blast 15 - 7 Paddington
    Oh boy. Both of these teams have looked shaky, and week 3 could be even worse. Hopefully RaCka's connection issues are resolved, as his team looked lost without him. Paddington, now without any actual, accomplished sharks (sorry gypsi, maybe now is your chance) is going to struggle to put up any meaningful time. With lots of sharks on the FA board, they might have a chance to fix their line if things work out for them. Replacing Dyers Eve(7.5*) with Azuline, jr5, or olde(8*) could drastically improve their chances at ship 8. Other micro adjustments come with their own tradeoffs but can improve the major deficiencies in Paddington's line. Blast's line could also benefit from some shark pickups, enabling turban to terr or omega red to spider.

Kobe vs Hottub Homeboys
    Kobe 13 - 15 Hottub Homeboys
    This match is a tossup, as both teams have solid lines already. However, Hottub has more room for growth, as they held Paddington to only 4 minutes facing a major star deficit, while Kobe allowed closer to 10 minutes. Free Agency opens the door to some major upgrades, as both teams have been playing with 6* players. Subbing out Jz for blt, draft, or retroaction drastically improves Kobe's line, and Hottub Homeboys can refresh their shark line or pick up Mikkiz to allow Vehicle to shark. Both of these teams have suffered from attendance issues, and smart drafting in FA will help them right the ship.

Thunder vs Terrorist
    Thunder -5 - 15 Terrorist
    Dreamwin leads Terrorist into the promiseland like Nick Saban atop a Crimson Tide. Ogron's ship fades away into dust like at the end of a (couple) marvel movies. The rest of Thunder is stuck flying up from spawn after every death.

Power vs Piwirfil Fingirmin
    Power 15 - 12 PF
    The leagues top teams finally face off in the match of the Week, Month, Year, Century. A closer look at how each team made it to 4-0 shows 2 remarkably different stories. Power's wins include Blast(15-11), Paddington(15-0), Funk(15-4) and Kobe(15-9). PF's wins include Kobe(15-14), Terrorist(15-13), Thunder(15-10) and Funk(15-14). Even in the same week, Power's wins have looked more impressive. Both teams play with a full star lineup (credit to the captains for drafting active players) so there's not much wiggle room with Free Agency. I expect both teams to bring their standard, peak lines and I expect Power to hold strong. Viop called me out for predicting him to lose each week. Here's his chance to test his teams clutch factor and prove me wrong again.

Blast vs Funk
    Blast 11 - 15 Funk
    Funk didn't look like themselves last weekend, but they definitely have a chance here to return to form. Thunder is a hard first round draw any week- Blast should look a bit easier for them. Funk's line is pretty strong top-to-bottom, and if Blast doesn't hit the lottery in FA then they will need a bit more time to figure things out. Still, I expect them to scrape together a not-insignificant amount of time; Funk will have to watch the flag carefully to keep Blast at bay.

Paddington vs Morph
    Paddington 5 - 15 Morph
    Morph lets out a sigh of relief week 3 against two of the easiest teams in the league. Saiyan's team has a great opportunity to fold in any FA acquisitions on a softer week and work on coordination and communication. However, Paddington might be better this week than their 0-4 record. I mentioned above that Paddington has a clear path for improvement, but the sharks in FA are in high demand. Their success in the other leagues nets them a worse FA draft slot, but they have the luxury of only needing to draft for the one league.

These are my predictions, and I'm wrong as often as I am right. Agree with my predictions? Disagree? Let's hear it below. Let's talk basing.

i think tiny will draft wbs in fa and we will be left with no sharks
    ?

cripple> if u had a better connection u wouldnt be good

Comment

“Kobe 1 - 15 Terrorist“

is this a typo? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Skatarius View Post
        i think tiny will draft wbs in fa and we will be left with no sharks
        These are the high level strats that you only understand after captaining so many times

Comment

Great read willby, thanks for continuing to do these writeups.

Some of my takeaways so far:

- Viop gets credit for another great draft. IIRC he went from being one of the worst teams two seasons ago to winning last season (right?) and currently sitting a 4-0. The Rapid spirit is strong.

- Power and Terrorist will be the other team's to beat.

- Rage is 4-0 in terr, proving controllers are the optimal keydefs

- We desperately need a league op who isn't a baser
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

wut do u mean i went from 1 of wirst teams to winnink? i dun belief ne team i ciptin in twdt was efir 1 of wirst but i cud b 4gettink

ty mastir willpi

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
              wut do u mean i went from 1 of wirst teams to winnink? i dun belief ne team i ciptin in twdt was efir 1 of wirst but i cud b 4gettink

ty mastir willpi
              I stand corrected, I checked on our cool new stats website: https://stats.trenchwars.com/twdt/st...on=2020-summer

You got 3rd as cap 3 seasons ago when I thought your team did badly, Just proving you're drafting adeptness further. Consistently solid teams with good core players.

Unrelated: Sprackle is also have one hell of a DTD season that I didn't see coming (I don't follow wb though).
              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
              Message has been sent to online moderators
              2:BLeeN> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>no
              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
              2:BLeeN> ok then no
              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

ty 4 sum kind wirdink howefir it takes 0 effirt 2 drift a non girpigi squidrin/b ciptin in trinch wirs but 4 sum reasin many find it 2 b sum gr8 life stressir such as dreamwin n othir

Comment

"Viop called me out for predicting him to lose each week."

zidane too stronk for team vio.
                  rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                  rEnZi> its crazy
                  rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

I want to thank WillBy for doing this, it was an enjoyable read as always. Let's see how things turned out and talk some moar basing!

Week 3 Predictions

Prediction: Kobe 1 - 15 Terrorist

Kobe's 2 wins come against cellar dwellers Paddington and Blast; their losses against top teams Piwir and Powerfil Fingirmin. While they put up impressive numbers against Viops team in the first game of the season, they also allowed more time to Paddington than Tiny's team has scored in their 3 other games combined. Hard to predict. Terrorist with maketso in is averaging 1 terr death per game. Statistically, it's either going to happen vs Kobe or vs Thunder this week, and my money is on Thunder.

How it went down: Kobe 9:31-15:00 Terrorist

Kobe did better than the the 1 minute you predicted. Both teams utilized new talent picked up throughout trades and free agency which served them well. Kobe tried out FA draft Hawkeye (Spartan) and Rough whom was acquired by trading away Tripin to Team Funk. Terrorist tried out both of their FA draft picks Groan and Singer.

"Big Daddy Banks" led Terrorists spiders to victory with a 111-52 and 3 TeKs with great value FA pickup 7* Groan(89-38) supporting him on the way. Jurassic held his own as Kobes top performing spider (91-66) along with acquisitions Rough (81-46) and Hawkeye (72-46) but ultimately Terrorists low star spiders helped them edge over and outperform Kobe. Terrorist has it good with the holy trinity Maketso in terr and Markmrw and Willby showing for them every game. while Kobe has struggled to field a full 68* line until this week and absolutely no consistency in the lines they've played.

With a confusing start and 3 terrs (Jackie>, Cape, Ekko) throughout the game, Kobe took a while to find their footing but didn't find the right synergy with enough time.I'm sure if the game had started with the lines as it ended it would have been a much closer or different outcome.

Prediction: Hottub Homeboys 13 - 15 Piwirfil Fingirmin

The Fingirmin have escaped by many teams in narrow wins such as 15-13:35 vs Funk, 15-14:21 vs Kobe and 15-12:53 vs Terrorist. The so-far perfect team can bleed, the question is can Hottub make them. Hottub has losses to two of those teams, although they were close matches. Hottubs keys to victory will be to break crams quickly and to ensure their sharks put up better RPDs. Maybe a clutch FA acquisition could fill out their star cap and help renzi and stayon carry their low stars.

How it went down: HH 15 - 13 PF

This is the one and only of the first round of basing games you called wrong and oh how the mighty hif fallen. Previously undefeated in basing PF picked up their first loss in a close game vs Renzi's Homoerotic Hottub Homeboys.

HH power spider duo Renzi (92-63) and Stayon (100-50) led the way to victory over an understarred (64?!) PF. Both teams Terrs were statistically identical with Frozen Throne and Zizu both going 36-7 with 0 Teks.

It appears PF had some trouble finding a suitable shark partner for animeboy12(Sprackle) going through 4 options (Nightowl, Flew, clefairy27 and Violence) by the end of it. It is impressive that PF put up such a fight with all these changes and being so understarred for the game.

Prediction: Thunder 12 - 15 Funk

I feel like every game these two teams play has been on my radar. They both started the season 2-0 with their 10* captains leading the way. Tough week 2 draws against the other undefeated teams left these 2 looking closer to the middle of the pack. I am giving the edge to Funk as they seem to be a more complete team. Their low stars, Lee(7*) and Four pLai(6*), went 99-47 and 84-80, respectively, against top tier PF last week. Thunders low stars have proven to be more of a liability for them, posting 63-44, 70-66 and 68-50 in a a 4 minute shorter game, also against PF. If Ease and kess put their headbands on, Ogron avoids unnecessary death, and Cig doesn't let Commodo push him around, this game could turn out different than I've predicted.

How it went down: Thunder 5 - 15 Funk

The game went as you predicted with Thunder getting slapped around a little more than we thought. This could be attributed to a little rust on vet returnee Cig Smoke who underperformed with a 2.5 RPD. Or it could be attributed to Funks triple spider threat: Mouse (93-36), Lockdown (99-32), & Jack (85-41) carrying their low star spiders well (ex: Sunny D with a 21-52, LOL.)

In fairness to Thunder they played with a slightly understarred line, 66.5, this could be seen in their lack of spider power with Kess's absence. Ease better be hitting the gym if this continues because he will need some more strength to carry his spider line to more victories.

Prediction: Power 15 - 9 Morph

Power has been dominating all of their opponents this season, and the trend looks to continue at least 1 more game. While Morph could pose more of a threat than Paddington (15-0), Blast (15-11), and Funk (15-4), Power is still looking like a clear favorite. Morph had a brighter week 2 and seems to hav their line figured out, and should be a litmus test in comparing Power's relatively light first half schedule before heading into a gauntlet second half.

How it went down: Power 15 - 1:22 Morph

Power continues to prove they are the team to beat in basing, the only team left undefeated with 6 wins to their name so far, their line is BONKERS for the value. I'm not sure why Paddington traded Beam to Power for Peru & Gypsy?? They just ended up making Powers line even stronger. They picked up beam to have additional shark depth they did not need with Zidane hitting his usual 3.0 rpd and beam coming in with a strong debut of 3.2 rpd, and they still have mvp as a shark option.

Rage is definitely nerdgasming over his statistically #1 terr season so far to input into his nerd sheets with a team that supports him well, their spider lines shows no weak spots and it's got options consisting of: Aagi, Henry Saari, Vys, Poseidon, and HellzNo!/Banzi. Major props to Zidane for putting together such a strong team and to Power players for consistenly showing each week as this team is not having attedance and substitution issues like a few other top contenders.

Morph had a bad game and I feel bad for FA Mikkiz debuting to such a tough game with a strange line choice by Saiyan. Saiyan needs to keep Dutch Baser in spider and try out some better backup shark options like Kings or hope a2m shows up if they hope to snatch any more wins in the basing division.

Prediction: Blast vs Paddington
                    Blast 15 - 7 Paddington
                    Oh boy. Both of these teams have looked shaky, and week 3 could be even worse. Hopefully RaCka's connection issues are resolved, as his team looked lost without him. Paddington, now without any actual, accomplished sharks (sorry gypsi, maybe now is your chance) is going to struggle to put up any meaningful time. With lots of sharks on the FA board, they might have a chance to fix their line if things work out for them. Replacing Dyers Eve(7.5*) with Azuline, jr5, or olde(8*) could drastically improve their chances at ship 8. Other micro adjustments come with their own tradeoffs but can improve the major deficiencies in Paddington's line. Blast's line could also benefit from some shark pickups, enabling turban to terr or omega red to spider.

How it went down: Blast 15 - 5:15 Paddington
                    Paddington was able to pick up a good shark option in Riverside during FA but it was not enough to combat Blast who had a full 68* line show for them for once and showed their true strength. Cripple (101-43) & wbm (83-40) led Blasts spiders to victories with a strong terr game by Turban (43-3, 1 TeK). Both teams sharks did well and on paper this game should have been closer than how it turned out as Paddingtons spider line was looking deadly with: Skat, TPZ, Tj Hazuki, Ra, and Ardour. The weak link could have been Tinys (24-9, 1 TeK) in Terr but I didn't watch this game, so who knows?

BTW It is so rude that some people in this zone are coming for Tj Hazukis 9* rating when he hasn't had an adequate team showing up to help him back himself up and prove his value, and on his birthday too?

Anyway, I only did the first round of games because this took me a while and I have some other stuff to do, but let's talk more basing.
                    pokebong> you never had a bad round b4?

~

1:Steadman> u turned that game and ur a god of subspace

Comment

Nice write up guys

BTW It is so rude that some people in this zone are coming for Tj Hazukis 9* rating when he hasn't had an adequate team showing up to help him back himself up and prove his value, and on his birthday too?
                      LOL
                      MRW

Comment

I wrote you guys essays for the second round of basing games of week 3 because i am obsessed with DT this season, so, here:

Prediction: Kobe 13 - 15 Hottub Homeboys

How it went down: Kobe (68*) 15 - 13 Hottub Homeboys (67*)

Kobe was able to secure a surprise victory with a solid line from the get go & both teams were able to tryout FA acquisitions that served them well. Despite losing, Hottub Homeboys captain Renzi (118-61, 1 TeK) led the kills for the game and was one of two spiders this week who hit an impressive 14% K/Bul, supported well by high IQ multi league players Stayon (95-62, 0 TeK) and Iron Survivor (88-67, 0 TeK.) Their FA recruit blt_12 (84-59, 0 TeK) pulled his weight well, but spiders throughout the game for both teams seemed evenly matched.

Match mvp and new recruit hawkeye (99-56, 3 TeKs) proved to be a smart choice in the FA draft for Kobe as he held it down alongside Jurassic (100-70, 0 TeKs) and remaining spiders Best, Siaxis and another brand new FA recruit, Jackie>. Best put himself in basebird for a second time this tournament in signature Best style, but didn't manage any TeKs this time around. Statistically speaking Kobe has won all basing games in which Best was in warbird, I'm still not sure if this is a great idea for any team though.

The determining factor in this game was likely sharks, while both pairs did well Kobes dream duo JOESES (2.9 RPD, 1 TeK) & Cape (3.0 RPD, 0 TeK) are just a little more comfortable in ship 8 and a lot more aggressive with more than double the amount of mines/bombs laid/thrown than Hottub Homeboys shark pair Creature (2.9 RPD, 1 TeK) & FA acquisition Jr5 (2.9 RPD, 1 TeK) who in fairness have not been as active recently. I think that if renzi had been able to put Paradise or Vehicle in shark and have Creature in spider this game may have went down differently.

A good effort by both terrs in this game, Ekko (31-4, 3 TeKs) did well as he continuted to fill ships as needed & got to play his first full game as terrier this season. Kill Machine Zizu (51-9, 1 TeK) may have died a bit more but is the only terrier to break 50 kills this week, this being only the second time this has happened in this tournament, with the first being Zizzo (51-12, 2 TeKs) last week.

Both these teams are among a group of 4 who are neck in neck in the fight for those last few precious playoff spots and after this win Kobe is slightly ahead with 8 total wins vs Hottub Homeboys 7 total wins.

Prediction: Thunder -5 - 15 Terrorist

How it went down: Thunder(67*) 11:05 - 15 Terrorist(68*)

A closer game than expected. Ogron probably yelled at Cig and he CLR'd that rust off quick to come in with the best RPD of the game at 2.94 RPD but it was not enough as Terrorist still secured the win. There was solid protection & RPDs from both sides from two top shark pairs in the tourny: Cig Smoke & Dwopple vs Markmrw & Willby. Interestingly enough without a TeK between the 4 of them.

Despite losing the game, league all star Ease (112-63, 2 TeKs) led spider kills in game with his team of Lionheart, Dak & Unlimited. Still, Terrorists Banks (105-57) pushed to pick up another 3 TeKs this game fighting alongside match mvp Dreamwin (96-55, 2 TeKs) to secure their second basing win of the week.

Statistically speaking it looks like the determinant of this game came down to which Terr was able to stay alive more. Maketso (21-5, 2 TeKs) had half as many deaths as Ogron (34-11, 2 Teks) which is likely why Terrorist was able to secure the 15 minutes of flagtime before Thunder.

These teams are ranked third and fourth overall in the tournament with 12 and 11 total wins respectively. Expect to see them in the playoffs unless some crazy shit goes down over the next two weeks.

Prediction: Power 15 - 12 Piwirfil Fingirmin

How it went down: Power (67.5) 15 - 10:47 Piwirfil Fingirmin (68*)

Willby called this one pretty accurately. Power continued their basing dominance with pretty much the same line that's worked for them all season, utilizing beam over mvp this week for both games and showing off their depth.

RageRitual (44-3, 1 Tek) continues to impress and finesse showing that Terrs that stay alive win games. A good effort by PF terr Frozen Throne with a couple more kills and double the deaths (48-7, 1 TeK), but I think the determining factor in this game came down to spiders and sharks.

Powers OP spider line continued to dominate with match mvp Henry Saari (121-39, 0 TeKs) and DT breakout spider star vys (115-59, 2 TeKs) leading the way.

Even for their second game of the week PF was still figuring out who to pair with the #1 rated shark, animeboy12. They subbed Uprise out of spider for Violence and subsequently swapped Bacon for Violence in shark which seems like a good move on paper but still couldn't get them the win. I also see that Flew was briefly put in basebird and got a whopping 0 TeKs?? this probably had no positive effect on PFs game.

Overall in the tournament these teams are in first and second place with Power having 14 wins total and Piwirfil Fingirmin having 13 wins total. At this point they're both pretty much a lock for the playoffs so they can cruise easily for the next two weeks.

Prediction: Blast 11 - 15 Funk

How it went down: Blast (68*) 15 - 14:09 - Funk (68*)

The closest game of the week and a hard one to call, it seems Funk didn't watch the flag carefully enough and Blast edged out the win. Both these teams sported a full 68* line up for a nailbiter til the end, so let's get into the analysis.

A good effort by two high star and competent terriers. Turban may have died twice more (41-11, 3 Teks) than Heavens (35-9, and impressive 4 TeKs) but against the trend of Terrs with less deaths winning games, his team was still able to secure the win.

Match mvp Jack The Ripper MURDERING it for Funk with a 145-67 rec, 2 TeKs and one of the two spiders this week to hit a 14% K/Bul. He fought well alongside his serial killer buddies Mouse (115-61, 1 TeK) and Lockdown (119-62, 1 TeK) but they couldn't kill and carry their lower star spiders to a win this time, however, Funks 7* Lee (102-70) did hold his own against some top spiders.

Blast spider wbm held it down like the chief of police (114-62, also scoring an impressive 4 TeKs) with kill machine cripple (126-68, 1 TeK) probably pitching his tent in all the right places to get them the flagtime needed to win, with zeebu (100-62, 1 TeK) pulling his weight nicely too.

I have a feeling that if Funk had underrated 6* spider queen Four Plai in for Sunny D the game would have gone down much differently. Let's hope for their sake she shows in the coming weeks as Funk is definitely in a funk as they are currently in last place in the tournament overall with the basing division being where they have managed to score 3 of their total 4 wins so far.

Blast isn't doing much better overall as they are in second last place with 5 wins total, they've pulled together a nice looking basing line and could possibly blast their way into a playoff spot if they win the majority of their remaining total 9 games over the next two weeks and some other mid tier teams have some bad luck/start to fall apart.

Prediction: Paddington 5 - 15 Morph

How it went down: Paddington (67*) 15 - 9:33 Morph (67.5)

Paddington pulled a surprise victory out with their deadly spider line finally able to do something. Match mvp and pub darling TPZ (104-46, 1 TeK), led Tj Hazuki (101-71, 1 TeK), Skatarius (98-50, 2 TeKs) and Ra (99-50, 1 TeK) to victory over Morphs 10* Spider duo Saiyan (99-56, 2 TeK) and Ro (87-62) who did not have the support from their other spiders or sharks to get a win.

Morphs Mikkiz (27-7, 3 TeKs) did what he could this game, but he didn't have a strong enough team around him to ninja his way to the win. Tiny (30-6, 1 TeK) held it down well enough to let his spiders/sharks protect him to victory.

Team Morph lacked shark power once again choosing to throw Dutch Baser in shark for another subpar RPD of 2.54.

Paddington definitely strengthened their line by using Free Agency pickup Riverside in shark with Zapata to pick up their first win in the basing divison this season.. but it was against Team Morph who also only have 1 win in basing so far.

Both these teams are doing better in the other divisions and are among a group of 4 which are neck and neck in the race for those last two playoff spots with 7 total wins vs 8. Team Morph needs to figure out a solution to their shark problem or hope that a2m starts showing if they hope to win any more games in the basing division to help them secure a playoff spot.

FINAL THOUGHTS FOR BASING FOR NOW

Power is the undefeated team to beat, however, they will be going up against two strong basing teams, Terrorist & Thunder next week and a strengthened & sinsister looking group of renzi's Hottub Homeboys who may be desperate for a win week 5. I have a feeling they won't maintain their undefeated streak in basing up until playoffs, but Power to them if they do!

After the free agent draft there are now a handful of teams in the race for those last playoff spots, who if their best lines show, could pull an upset on Power for a shot at the basing title & that includes Paddington II, Kobe & the Hottub Homeboys. I for one am looking forward to see how this turns out.
                        pokebong> you never had a bad round b4?

~

1:Steadman> u turned that game and ur a god of subspace

Comment

Working...
                        X