• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDTD PREVIEW: Terrorist vs Kobe

*I wrote this while at work. Sorry if I have typos/missed anything.*

Terrorist vs Kobe

Intro:

Terrorist vs Kobe will be much closer than their regular season match against each other. In their regular season matchup, Terrorist won by a score of 50-34. The anomaly in this matchup was Bigmon going 9-10 and I feel that was less in terms of his individual performance and more of team’s lacklustre play. He finished the regular season ranked 6th. Best is one of those players who gets kills in bunches, but he won’t able to do it himself. I’d like to find a way to fit the ZU in. Big Tanzu, 18-10 in last season’s finals, deserves to be fielded and if I was Best I’d try my best to figure out a way to have Tanzu added by round 2 assuming the line in round 1 doesn’t work. Terrorist played exceptionally well in their week 4 matchup against Kobe. They were lead by Bike and Rasaq and for them to win their quarterfinal matchup against Kobe, Bike and Rasaq will need to perform the same way if not better. Both of them have had an amazing season with Bike ranked 2nd and Rasaq ranked 12th this season. Dreamwin is just a high IQ guy. This guy is a top poker player and equally top captain in TW. The biggest X factors in this quarterfinal matchup to me would be if Kobe will have a lineup shuffle, where Tanzu can get added and will Bike and Rasaq be able to replicate their week 4 performance.

Terrorist:

Lineup most likely used: Bike, Rasaq, Dreamwin, Maketso, Banks

Terrorist fields a very balanced line, with a majority of their starters being very strong multi ship players and they finishing tied for 1st with 7 wins (tie breakers did them dirty). The thing with multiship players is their ability to pick up the basics and key concepts of every division/league. Bike is the exception as he’s primarily a warbird. He is a very aggressive warbird, a seasoned vet and a legend in his own right and he’ll be their leader. He had a monster game with a 22 kill performance. This guy doesn’t miss at R1 unless he’s aiming at me. Dreamwin is one of the best TWDT and TWL captains ever and he just knows how to capitalize on the values, star ratings and strengths of his players. Dreamwin is dreamwin (my boy invisi Jav). He plays all 8 ships and is at least an 8.5 star in all 8 ships including levi(his best ship). I’ve played many of my early seasons with Rasaq on Syne and Rasaq understands warbird at a very high level. He’s arguably one the two biggest steals (in my opinion), in this draft at the 8.5 category, and of course, Dreamwin would notice that and pick him up. Maketso is an incredibly smart multi ship player and it’s no surprise that he’s the best 8 star warbird on the stats sheet. Banks is their low star (7 star). He’s played in 7 games and has 40 kills and 47 deaths. What that shows me is that he understands his role and knows how to stay alive so the better players can go to work. Terrorist has a wide list of the better 8 star players. Big Kado is like Maketso and is multi ship player with a strong understanding of the game. If he wasn’t in the club, pumping his fist, having titties all over his face, sipping on that xo, he’d be a huge steal in warbird at 8 stars. Paky Dude capped the Syne team that Rasaq and I were on and he’s another player that if he was active would be a steal at 8 stars. Monkee was a sk8 legend, but unfortunately inactivity and father time has caught up to him. Terrorisr’s key to winning this quarterfinal will be a balanced approach with Bike and Rasaq leading the way. Kado and Paky Dude should also be ready in case Dreamwin or Maketso need to be subbed.

Flew’s lineup: Bike, Rasaq, Dreamwin, Maketso, Banks

Why this lineup?

This lineup has been doing well and why would you change it? This is Terrorist’s best line up at the moment. That being said, their subs need to be ready and I believe Kado and Paky Dude will be.

Primary sub: Kado

Secondary sub: Paky Dude

Kobe:

Lineup most likely used: Best, Rough, Cape, Jurassic, Lupin

To do an analysis on Kobe, you have start at the top and the top begins with Best. Best is one those players, that when he’s on his game, and usually he is, he’ll get kills in bunches. Anything under 14 kills is usually an underperforming game for Bigmon. Rough had a break out TWL finals performance, subbing in for myself, who was underperforming. He played exceptionally well and if he plays the way he played during that finals, he’ll provide the necessary support for Best to do what he needs to do for this W. My knock on Rough is his activity, but he’s also a superb multi ship talent, so I believe he’ll be able to shake it off. Cape is a diCE legend and another multi ship talent. Thing with Cape is he hasn’t cared about this game for a long time and just chills at the Bellagio playing 5/10 all day. Like Rough, the biggest question marks for both of them will be their activity and if they can shake off that rust come Sunday. Jurassic on the other hand is a poor man’s Aagi. I think Jurassic has the aim and movement necessary to be a serviceable 8 star warbird. His decision making on the other hand at times will put his team in trouble and is reminiscent of a 7.5/7 star player. Before the season began, I spoke to Best and I strongly believed that Lupin was undervalued at 6.5 and felt that he was more of a 7. Upon playing against Kobe week 5, the gap between him and Banks is huge and that’s way beyond stats. Lupin understood the fact that he needed to survive, so he ran a lot when opponents approached him, indicative or a lower starred player’s game play. His problem was the second he found his team and had them on his screen, he stopped and the minute you stop, whoever was/were chasing him (usually a party of more than one player), will shoot on the stop. Strong warbirds wouldn’t shoot him, but instead shoot his team that he just stopped on. More often than not, Lupin’s team wasn’t ready for that stop and even if they were, what if his team are/were low on energy (after a shot etc)? They’re sitting ducks. In the game against Kobe, I used Lupin a lot and when my team and I chased him, we noticed that he was causing his team to freeze a lot and we capitalized on that. I played Banks week 4, if I’m not mistaken in a very close game. I think he went like 5-10 or 4-10, (sorry I can’t fully remember), but he kept his team in it and was one of the last players alive. Majority of his deaths also came when his team was 2v3 at the end against us. He didn’t cause a lot of chaos for his teammates in terms of running and scrambling situations. Punishing his missed shots was incredibly hard as well because he just knew where to run and when to stop. I strongly feel that Kobe’s above mentioned lineup, relies heavily on Best and if he’s able to get 20 kills for this win. Having Tanzu on the bench hurts this team, considering the fact that he was the mvp of the previous TWDTD finals. I do understand that it’s hard fitting him in, but when you got the ZU, you add the ZU. JZ as a 7.5 in my opinion is a great pick up and provides a few options if Best decides to field Tanzu. The issue is if Best fields Tanzu, he has to field JZ and Hellrazor. Hellrazor is actually rated way too high and I feel he needs to be TWDT’s only 5 star player, but there’s a lot of advantages in playing him. By choosing to play Tanzu and Hellrazor, Best has the ability to add JZ, who in my opinion, is one of the best 7.5 star players and another 8 star of his choice. He then also has the option to have Rough (8.5 stars) and any 6.5 and 7 star player on his team as a double sub option. I also feel that Bigmon having the ZU by his side would be deadly for many opponents and Tanzu is another player that gets kills in bunches. That in itself, might mask the deficit that adding Hellrazor presents. Many of you sitting there are probably like, “Flew! Best could just sub in Tanzu and Hellrazor. Why don’t you mention that?” The reason as to why having Tanzu and Hellrazor as a sub is Hellrazor isn’t smart enough to understand the fact that if you’re getting subbed in, more often than not, your team is playing from behind and/or has zero momentum. The warbird IQ gap between Banks and Lupin is noticeable and the gap between Lupin and Hellrazor is even wider. Lupin understands the need to stay alive and run, which is even more important as a sub. Lupin’s issue is his lapses in between and if he can plug up that hole in his game, he would do much better in a team atmosphere. Secondly by starting Tanzu and Hellrazor, Best has more options for subs. Rough 100% would be the primary sub and now Best also has all his 7 stars and 6.5 stars. The strongest 7 star Best has would be Ekko. Best could also play a line up consisting of Tanzu, Rough, Ekko, Hellrazor and himself, but in my opinion, having a 7 and a 6 would be too big of a hole to make up.Best has plenty of options and I'm confident he will play around with all the possibilities. The key to winning this game will be if Best and his #2 will be able to make up the difference quickly that adding Lupin and Hellrazor presents.

Flew’s lineup: Best, Tanzu, Cape, JZ, Hellrazor

Why this lineup?

The reason as to why I would want to field this line up is I strongly believe that Tanzu needs to play for Kobe, and I’m willing to risk it and push the envelope, even if I have to field the worst 6 star in the game. Best already plays at a rapid pace and Tanzu is one of the guys who can keep up with him. By adding Tanzu, Best also has so many more sub options in terms of his 6.5 and 7 stars. I think JZ and Jurassic are close in terms of skill and would give Kobe the same results. If that’s the case, I’ll always take the .5 star discount.

Subs: Jurassic for Cape if necessary

Double Sub: Rough and Ekko. Short leash on Tanzu and Hellrazor dependant on game flow

Prediction:

Undecided because unlike every other team, Kobe’s lineup is a question mark for me right now, as I don’t know who he’ll be 100% starting.
    Last edited by Flew; 10-13-2021, 11:53 PM.

Wat da fak. Get back to work you Asian!!!!!
    shaun> would u wash ur sheets and blankets if a chick squirted on it

RaCka> steadman is cross eyed, fat, balding, etc..... but his finger tips are talented in the javelin department..................

Mattey> real talk half the dudes in thailand hotter than the avg american woman

zeebu> what is that one documentary where the one kid kills another kids parents and feeds them to him in a chili for not growing pubes fast enough?

Comment

I am the playoffs

the ZU man HOLY
      tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
      capE> lucky he didnt say captain
      capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
      9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
      1:Kentaro> suits you well
      1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

Another great perspective and write up from flew

I was on the team playing against zu last szn guys a menace..
        (I felt like that lamb lowered in the jurassic park t-rex cage)

I agree with flew's line too

But hellrazor is quite the liability lol

Comment

Dope analysis and take Flew! Sunday should definitely be interesting!

No joke that was a solid ass read, Flew.. Thanks for your hard work putting effort into that when you didn’t have to.. really makes me miss reading predictions and HoNs 😞

Would be cool if someone did HoN at least for the playoffs to add some hype to this twdt.. been like 0 hype! good luck to all teams!

p.s. They don’t wanna see Playoff ZU 😂😂😂😂

”The only thing worse than a coward is one who doesn’t believe in the fuckin ZU” Quote from [391 Bigmon Logistics] - Bigmon
          Last edited by Best; 10-14-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Holy.......Man's were so caught up in Reigning Champ mode that I forgot to comment on how badly predictions/ analysis like this are needed man.

The hype is real and what makes leagues like this thrive!

Thanks for taking time out of your day to do this writeup Flewmon

P S - The Finals MVP ZU approves this thread, HOLY

P P S - I am the analysis
            capE> LOL BURN

Comment

Bigmon and the ZU guaranteed a win and I will be conducting pregame and postgame interviews this Sunday. Don't worry Iron, I'll have a bum translator ready so you can understand it.

Comment

Honored, Flew. Great write up!

Comment

FLEW THE KING. I am in agreeance with everything you've written. Let's see how this turns out.
                  Last edited by squirtle17; 10-17-2021, 12:07 PM.
                  pokebong> you never had a bad round b4?

~

1:Steadman> u turned that game and ur a god of subspace

Comment

This just in from BigMonLogistics : That exact line-up was already decided last week at the conference....HOLY
                    capE> LOL BURN

Comment

Thanks for the analysis on my play Flew, I got wrecked that game and it's helpful to see this from the perspective of a more experienced WB.

Comment

I heard my boy flew started a new job but I didnt know it includes writing TWDT predictions, HOLY. Siaxis better be fishing today, I dun wanna vs
                        THx for dis
                        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Working...