Next League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

Good point about borrows. I suppose I would still allow them but their TWD rank would play into points gained or lost from W/L.

And good point about top line too, I thought about, I just think if we make it like 6 weeks long it would only be a problem in last couple of weeks.

Here's the bare truth: TWL is only fun for 50% of the people who play in it. And even then, those 50% of players bitch about half their games. Nothing will be different from last season, talent here is pooled like Pangea.

If you're going to have TWL, why not just start at the playoffs? Could we not of predicted them last season before it even started?
    Yup, I totally get what you mean. I have been speaking for shorter seasons and even stricter roster limits for years.

5 week regular season is already too much. 3 week regular season with maybe 1 extra slot per league in last week, semis and finals. Stricter roster limits for better competition -> due to shorter season people can actually commit and shouldn't need more than 1 sub at max.
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

TSL plez!!!

The reigning TSL triple crown finalest , TSLD champion and TSLB champion would like bots to make teams again to exclude human bias.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
        TSL plez!!!

The reigning TSL triple crown finalest , TSLD champion and TSLB champion would like bots to make teams again to exclude human bias.
        What is TSL?
        pokebong> you never had a bad round b4?

~

1:Steadman> u turned that game and ur a god of subspace

Comment

Originally posted by squirtle17 View Post

What is TSL?
          It is an automated run league where matchbots make teams by auto picking players by input star values. Individual player stat scores for each game are then recorded and bonuses are also given to players on winning teams. Players receive dollar amounts for each game they play based on stat performance. Top dollar earners progress to a playoff format.

So Basically-

- you show up at the appropriate time for wbs, javs, base
          - random teams are created every game based off star values input before the season begins
          - you are assigned a score based on your performance
          - scores appear here: https://trenchwars.org/tsl/
          - repeat over several weeks
          - the top players at the end of the season go to playoffs.
          -Individual top performer wins overall medal and then you can win a team medal too from what I remember.

In the past we did a simple 2 team final but I think it could be cool to do a 4 team playoff.

Also it is good for activity because the more you play the better chance of getting money you have. I think you choose your top (x amount of games which is decided by staff before the season begins) to add together for a final score.

I think the basic idea is great. It could maybe be tweeked some still to add interesting dynamics too. It is fun but sadly was last hosted at a very dead period for Continuum. The first season was a pretty nice success though.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

TSL sounds like a good option before a shortened TWL season sometime Q1 2022. Never played in TSL myself, tho
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Just make TWL season short like the current one of DT, play each team once then move to playoffs. But make it strict: 4 teams enter playoffs, rest move on. TWL is meant for stacking and other than a few lucky wins here and there, there isn't really enough players to stack more than 4 teams. This would mean you have to earn a spot to enter playoffs. You should have to earn the invitation to the playoffs. This would make it shorter so people can hopefully get over it quicker and we can move on to the next event before it kills zone again.
              rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
              rEnZi> its crazy
              rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

I believe the current loose plan would be to have next TWL begin sometime between February 2022 - April 2022 and have it run as a 5 week regular season, those previously have had the best results in terms of activity not dying down terribly after the league ends. Until then I would suggest we run a league like TSL during Nov-Jan and maybe even a separate smaller elim / TWEL type of league running along side it or immediately after TSL ended to keep interest up until TWL began. TSL was a lot of fun the first few seasons it ran and I could see it having more success now
                1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

We need to have punishments for TWL going forward, there were too many shenanigan's last season which I will not display their names due to embarrassment:
                  1) Two players sabotaged silence to join Cuphead 3 days before TWL (Cuphead capts were not involved in this scheme)
                  2) A player leaving Pandora who was their starting shark to leave them high and dry 2 days before TWL (worked out for ya...dumbo)
                  3) A player (same as #2) who did not want mothers day cancelled since he was not able to show up the following week
                  4) A player who refused to play in LJ finals due to mental breakdown
                  5) Happy Birthday TJ HaZuKi
                  1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                  1:Zidane> congrats man
                  1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                  1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                  1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

ripitish is rdy 4 twl

Comment

Is it possible 2 add poll or 2 late 4 u mr mvp

Comment

Working...
                      X