zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Thanks Dwopple !!
    1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

You made an official draft stream yesterday which heaven streamed and it was confirmed by Racka (the head op). What happened? The original video has been deleted from twitch.

I basically ended from one of the best spots to worst because of redo.

Not a year without sheningans.
      Last edited by Dreamwin; 01-20-2022, 10:34 AM.
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

It was a fun night while adding some fuel to the fire. I'm happy with any pick in the end, but willing to trade as well.

I don't think the picks were redone after many captains agreed with the initial draw.

Comment

1:turban> dw 3rd pick
          Watched the stream to confirm, now im 9th.

????

Gotta love SS
          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Was it actually redone? I was under the impression that the initial draft order on stream would remain as the official and final one. I was even asked whether I would be fine with it and recall answering yes.

Probably need some clarification on this clusterfuck of a situation from RaCka.

Comment

1. turban
              2. flew
              3. dreamwin
              4. skatarius
              5. saiyan
              6. racka
              7. zidane
              8. violence
              9. blank
              10. ogron

Was the initial order.. It was redone after morph and jurassic were added as captains, which most captains agreed to.. Turb, you got 1st pick twice lmao.

Comment

Fucking oof.

Comment

Let me clarify a bit what happened.

Ogron messaged me a few days ago to stream the draft lotto on Wednesday at 7pm EST. I said sure as I always do. When I read his inital post about it, there was no exact time set, just that I would be doing it on Wednesday. I figured the the 7pm that he messaged me was more an internal agreement that he (we) would get people online to verify the stream (not that it would be a public event). He later did post on the thread that it would be at 7pm but I missed that since I didn't check forums and logged on to just do the draft at 6:20ish because I wanted to leave and woudn't be home around 7.

As I am not a DT Op, what I didn't know is that we were missing 2 captains + that Ogron had messaged captains/people to be on at 7. So really, I fucked up by doing the draft/order before the arranged time + we didn't have 10 confirmed captains.

After I did the draft, it was realized that is was a fk up. RaCka messaged the captains that were online (i believe everyone but skat/dreamwin) and all captains were ok with redraft given the circumstance + racka found 2 new captains to join (jurassic / morph).

tl;dr I had a booty call at 7pm and jumped the gun doing the draft earlier without knowing the additional information and a redraft had to be done. There's no cheating/rigging involved by anyone. Sry 4 dis.
                  3:BOMBED> got donuts
                  3:BOMBED> how jealous
                  3:Heaven> how american
                  3:BOMBED> ??????????
                  3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
                  3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

While I appreciate Heaven trying to take some heat, the blame for this lies entirely on Ogron as Dreamwin stated. In the past week we've had about 30 conversations in Thunder chat where we listed off Ogron as a cap and he didn't say one word about it until last night when he flipped out and started screaming like a man-child about how he never agreed to cap and remove him right now or he will quit the game blah blah. It seemed to me like he was just putting himself in a win-win scenario where he either got a top tier draft position and would ride it out or he got one he considered bad and could then say he never agreed to cap and blame RaCka. This is just speculation, but I believe he intentionally left his name off of his draft graphic in his recent post to fit his narrative when things didn't go his way. Ogron is a very calculated sociopathic individual and knowing him for 15 years this is very within the realm of something he would do.

ogron> i never volunteered to cap and im def not capping at #10

This was his first message after the draft order was revealed. Keep in mind he was watching the stream and saw his name listed by Heaven on there for a full 5 minutes before it was rolled. Take from it what you will.

Once Ogron finished screaming for 35 minutes and calling the only 5 or 6 people in the entire game that can stand him various obscenities, we discussed what to do and determined that since the draft order was done prematurely before the designated time and we then only had 8/10 cap spots filled that it should be discussed with the available captains if the pick order should be redone. Thankfully Morph and Jurassic were willing to step up (huge props to those guys for saving our butts btw) and all of the online caps were fine with doing it over with having 10 actual caps instead of 8 filled.

I think the idea of "good" or "bad" draft position is kind of dated and with the new system it really doesn't matter. I'm sure a top 3 all time draft captain such as Dreamwin can figure out a strategy to be competitive this year and it should be a good season. I'd like to apologize on behalf of Ogron for this mess and promise there was no ill intent.
                    Last edited by beam; 01-20-2022, 11:40 AM.
                    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

While the confusion and pre-season draft drama is a bit of a drag, I'd like to extend a massive thanks to everyone volunteering to run the league and / or captain a team this season. Easy to point fingers in hindsight, but it really does take a lot of coordination and time commitment to keep events like this moving forward with and without road bumps along the way.

TWDT 24 HYPE
                      zidane> big play
                      Omega Red> dwop sick
                      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

imigine carink about your dr1ft pisitionink when its a sn1ke dr1ft

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
                          While the confusion and pre-season draft drama is a bit of a drag, I'd like to extend a massive thanks to everyone volunteering to run the league and / or captain a team this season. Easy to point fingers in hindsight, but it really does take a lot of coordination and time commitment to keep events like this moving forward with and without road bumps along the way.

TWDT 24 HYPE
                          I love hype almost as much as I love drama

Comment

I recommend that the draft order be done by the rating of each captain.

A randomizer can be used between the ties (let's say turban and saiyan are tied: a randomizer then).

The star rating is used for every other part of TWDT & Basing Cup (and perhaps other leagues). My point is: it is meant to maintain the competitive balance of the league. It makes sense to me that it starts with the beginning of the league: the draft, where each captain has a different skill level when they get out of spec.

The point of the draft (imo) is more ability to select players, not the captain's ability to play warbird/javelin/basing relative to the other captains. I know it ends up mixing: because as a cap, you're already the first pick in your own draft, you're building your team with yourself in mind (or you're not). So for higher rated players, the small advantage is already there... which can be made more fair by elevating others to higher draft positions (and taking on shittier draft positions if you have higher * than other caps).

Im not signed up (yet), so I have no bias here- this has always been my perspective though because I do have this consistent pov across all leagues.
                            Last edited by Riverside; 01-20-2022, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
                              I recommend that the draft order be done by the rating of each captain.

A randomizer can be used between the ties (let's say turban and saiyan are tied: a randomizer then).

The star rating is used for every other part of TWDT & Basing Cup (and perhaps other leagues). My point is: it is meant to maintain the competitive balance of the league. It makes sense to me that it starts with the beginning of the league: the draft, where each captain has a different skill level when they get out of spec.

The point of the draft (imo) is more ability to select players, not the captain's ability to play warbird/javelin/basing. It ends up mixing: because you're the first pick in your own draft, so you're building your team with yourself in mind, or you're not. So for higher rated players, the small advantage is already there... which is made up by being in a shittier draft position.

Im not signed up (yet), so I have no bias here- this has always been my perspective though because I do have this consistent pov across all leagues.
                              This would make sense if there wasn't a star cap and there wasn't a snake draft. 8 out of 10 captains this season would be drafted in the first 2 rounds if they were part of the pool with the exception of violence (just won dtd and dtb as cap) and Flew (won dtj 2 seasons ago as cap). RaCka got the #1 pick last season and selected Turban which on paper looks extraordinary having 2 elite 10* players who are arguably the #1 wb and the #1 jav in the game but they didnt even make the playoffs. A captain's success in the current format is much more about how successful of a draft strategy they can come up with than what their star value is. I think your opinion would be more valid if any of the caps were unplayable like Ixador or Honcho for example but these guys are all quality players who are solid value at their respective ratings.
                              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Working...
                              X