TWDT S25 Free Agency Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT S25 Free Agency Update

Given the circumstances of this season we will be having TWO separate free agency drafts for this season. The free agency tax will be completely removed for this season due to the lower star cap restrictions. The first draft will be taking place on June 19th at 1pm EST and all drafted players will be immediately eligible to play. The second draft will be taking place on July 10th at 1pm EST. This allows the handful of people who didn't sign up a chance to have an impact on this season and still allows the players who saw the initial July 10th free agency draft date a chance to play if they planned around it.

We are shooting for AT LEAST 12 free agents to sign up for this first draft and we will have a strictly enforced cut off time of June 18th 11:59pm EST.

The second draft we are expecting about 5-6 players and will have a strictly enforced cut off time of July 9th 11:59pm EST.

Please post in this thread below or contact me/Dwopple ASAP to get signed up. You can also type !signup to the TWDTBot in ?Go TWDT.

- This thread will be sticky'd until the first draft takes place and I will be editing the other threads to reflect the same dates stated above.
    1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

FREE AGENCY SIGN UPS

1. Sprackle (can make 1-2 weeks max; will miss semis)
    2. L-A-S-E-R
    3. Ardour
    4. JacKie>
    5. Best
    6. Kim
    7. Rough
    8. Rylo
    9. 100
    10. Jones (warbird only)
    11. wbm (50% show rate)
    12. Commodo (low show rate until July when SVS league ends)
    13. Rasaq (no guaranteed show rate)
    14. Stayon (the papi)
    15. Tripin
    16. Jurassic
    17. a2m (not a guarantee he can show much)
    18. JAMAL
    19. Bugs
    Last edited by RaCka; 06-19-2022, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Hello. I just signed up and want every captain to know that I will show for warbird only due to time zones. Please, keep that in mind. I can do sacrifices in playoffs if im needed.
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Alright, sign me up.

Heard talk of re-draft/early FA draft- heads up that my show-rate will be patchy until July anyways due to SVS league. Shud be good thereafter.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I'll most likely hate myself for doing this as I've been regretting last season, but add me to the list. I have 0 commitment to showing to any game, but if weather or plans allow, I'll be on to play. I just can't give any specific dates of my availability. Don't think I've missed a TWL/TWDT yet, can't start now.

Please do not make me a priority.

Comment

Sign me up plz! won't be here 26th June

Comment

Do FA round 1 before week 1 and raise the star cap to 42 42 69
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                Do FA round 1 before week 1 and raise the star cap to 42 42 69
                I agree.

Edit: forget pretty much am hated by this community lol i'll stfu
                Last edited by Grasps; 06-14-2022, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Agree to disagree, I think 42 opens up more options as the FA has some high stars and I think the same 6/7 who would be playing with 41* will be playing with 42*. I think every team can add 41 stars easily, with the players in FA I think we can afford to raise the cap, but like you said, age old debate, cater to low stars or high stars. Maybe keep basing at 68 and raise dd/jd? Thinking out loud though..
                  Last edited by Tiny; 06-13-2022, 10:37 PM.

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

agree w/ tiny on * cap howefir i undirstind if low * playirs dun wish 4 this, furthirmore will Dwopple or RaCka vs how the $ will b distribitid sumwhere

furthirmore bl1ss u d1d/w1r1h

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                      agree w/ tiny on * cap howefir i undirstind if low * playirs dun wish 4 this, furthirmore will Dwopple or RaCka vs how the $ will b distribitid sumwhere

furthirmore bl1ss u d1d/w1r1h
                      Yes, it'll be more geared towards the winning teams this season. It'll be updated before this Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                        Hello. I just signed up and want every captain to know that I will show for warbird only due to time zones. Please, keep that in mind. I can do sacrifices in playoffs if im needed.
                        sacrifices? jones gonna murder some chickens

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Agreed with Tiny. Hopefully the cap is raised, or at least beginning in rd 2 once these FA players are eligible to play. I don't think there's ever been this much talent in FA, and with only 6 teams everyone will have a chance at 1-2 great players. Then there's also the second FA draft coming in July. Worth seeing if all the caps would agree to this.
                          PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                          ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

I'm always against changing rules once the draft is done but maybe this time it would make sense as this is "summer league" and more casual than the usual ones. Majority of players would certainly get a better experience. I can still relate how this fucks up an edge for teams that has had very successful draft.
                            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Cap raise head count

caps
                              tiny - yes
                              zidane - yes
                              vio - yes

retired ops/ veteran caps
                              mythril - yes
                              dw - yes

i also like the idea if at all possible to adjust the bots after the first week from 41 41 68 to w/e the cap would be when the FA players hit. This a good idea.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Working...
                              X