No announcement yet.

TWDT S25 Free Agency Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This to me, doesn't require a Captains & OPs-only vote, or Captains & OPs-only perspective.

Any TWDT participant could have a perspective about this, imo. It impacts their Playtime on a weekly basis, for the Regular Season & Playoffs, for the 3 leagues.

Imo, the quality of this Summer leagues gameplay with 119 participants is good (and is reflected by the Cap * limits, and the redoing of star ratings before the season by volunteer players).

Imo, the quality of this Summer leagues gameplay will be better with this set of Free Agent players: increase of cap limit or not.

This topic doesn’t have to do with me, as a Captain, doing any extra work, or having a different type of perspective than a player would (shoutout to Sprackle for the Insights pages on the TWDT website).

As a participant of TWDT,

I vote No on cap star limit changes, for a lot of reasons;
    • According to the decision makers and players who volunteered by assigning skill ratings- for the majority of players from the community that signed up: these are the cap limits that accommodated the majority of TWDT Summer 2022 participants
    • I drafted my team according to the cap * limit and knowing there would be free agency. My lineups are centered around cap limits with the initial 0.5* star increase per Free Agent player, or, the cap limits as they are
    • 15 new players have joined, after the fact. 2 per team.
    • There are 20 players per team without FA's, when the Cap limits were decided
    • With 2 more players each, per team, there will be 22+ players per team (basing is 8v8)
    Theres been an additional free agency.

This extra FA has players signed up that are ranked highly in stars relative to the average existing TWDT participant (its not bad 2 b gud).

My opinion is that raising the cap limit is further accommodating the gameplay for 15 players who signed up for Free Agency, in every league.

In this situation of cap limits, imo, it could be at the expense of the existing cap rule PT of some of the initial 119 players that signed up for TWDT.

FWIW: Im still fine with (but dun luf) a re-draft, if its what the community had wanted. According to Ixa's poll: it isn't. Im pleased with that conclusion.

Sunshine Pushirs.
    Last edited by Riverside; 06-16-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

it seems slightly sketchy to raise cap limits without a redraft or at the very least a unanimous cap decision. even with the reasoning of a less serious summer league

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Good post river, but agree to disagree on the point that it does not require unanimous decision by caps. At the least to have a rule change after the draft would need captain approval. Also, the reason I included mythril and dw, as they are past captains/ops is that have seen it all and I personally feel their opinions carry more weight that any of the other 100+ players (obvious other exceptions would be experience caps/ other past ops / current ops).

Dadbods.
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
          Cap raise head count

caps
          tiny - yes
          zidane - yes
          vio - yes

retired ops/ veteran caps
          mythril - yes
          dw - yes

i also like the idea if at all possible to adjust the bots after the first week from 41 41 68 to w/e the cap would be when the FA players hit. This a good idea.
          You should never raise the * cap AFTER the draft because many captains draft players to fit the * cap.
          rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
          rEnZi> its crazy
          rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
            This to me, doesn't require a Captains & OPs-only vote, or Captains & OPs-only perspective.

Any TWDT participant could have a perspective about this, imo. It impacts their Playtime on a weekly basis, for the Regular Season & Playoffs, for the 3 leagues.

Imo, the quality of this Summer leagues gameplay with 119 participants is good (and is reflected by the Cap * limits, and the redoing of star ratings before the season by volunteer players).

Imo, the quality of this Summer leagues gameplay will be better with this set of Free Agent players: increase of cap limit or not.

This topic doesn’t have to do with me, as a Captain, doing any extra work, or having a different type of perspective than a player would (shoutout to Sprackle for the Insights pages on the TWDT website).

As a participant of TWDT,

I vote No on cap star limit changes, for a lot of reasons;
            • According to the decision makers and players who volunteered by assigning skill ratings- for the majority of players from the community that signed up: these are the cap limits that accommodated the majority of TWDT Summer 2022 participants
            • I drafted my team according to the cap * limit and knowing there would be free agency. My lineups are centered around cap limits with the initial 0.5* star increase per Free Agent player, or, the cap limits as they are
            • 15 new players have joined, after the fact. 2 per team.
            • There are 20 players per team without FA's, when the Cap limits were decided
            • With 2 more players each, per team, there will be 22+ players per team (basing is 8v8)
            Theres been an additional free agency.

This extra FA has players signed up that are ranked highly in stars relative to the average existing TWDT participant (its not bad 2 b gud).

My opinion is that raising the cap limit is further accommodating the gameplay for 15 players who signed up for Free Agency, in every league.

In this situation of cap limits, imo, it could be at the expense of the existing cap rule PT of some of the initial 119 players that signed up for TWDT.

FWIW: Im still fine with (but dun luf) a re-draft, if its what the community had wanted. According to Ixa's poll: it isn't. Im pleased with that conclusion.

Sunshine Pushirs.

I agree with River, Zeebu and Rage. To raise the star cap limit would really just be to accomodate the high star FA agents who did not sign up in time.. also most captains probably drafted around star caps, to randomly raise them now would reward captains who put less thought into limits and just picked all high star players.

If you want to change star cap limits, do a redraft with 8 teams.
            absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

I think raising star cap to accommodate FA is a garbage thing to do.

This is just the latest iteration of an ongoing pressure campaign from a handful of veteran players to try to force accommodation for players who signed up late to a league they had two months to sign up for. Good luck with signups next season.

The simping is sad. Have more respect for yourself.
              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
              Message has been sent to online moderators
              2:BLeeN> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>no
              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
              2:BLeeN> ok then no
              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

I am against raising the star cap despite it meaning that some of our better players may need to ride the bench every now and then. It's a summer league, why not let it be more 7-star and 8-star centric than normal while also easing the pressure of having to show up as high star player. You can always rotate elite players after all. Teams have already drafted with current star limits in mind and increasing star limit would certainly benefit some teams more than others thus ruining the power balance.

Comment

As others have already expressed, raising the star cap will only be benefitting the high-star FA signups and not the vast amount 7-8 star players who signed up for the main draft. I have stood by this opinion in every private discussion amongst current caps. The star cap will not be raised, and I will say again it would have been nice to have 8 teams instead of 6 but a re-draft will not be happening, either.

THE GOOD NEWS
                  This season is set to be a much shorter season than previous draft tournaments with 4 regular season weeks, 1 bye week (Jul 4th weekend), and 2 playoff weeks. We will be communicating early on any plans for whatever the next volunteer-run league will be, and we are certainly open to player feedback here as well. qan has expressed he's optimistic having TSL MMR testing / qualification development ready for this timeframe, which is another option alongside another TWDT before transitioning to the next TWL.

I am also posting here to raise awareness the cutoff for this Sunday's FA Draft is at Saturday11:59 EST and will be strictly enforced. As a reminder due to the schedule shuffle, FAs picked this weekend won't be eligible to start playing until week 2. Get ready and get HYPED for Week 1.
                  Last edited by Dwopple; 06-17-2022, 03:21 PM.
                  zidane> big play
                  Omega Red> dwop sick
                  mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                  WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                  1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

I haaaate to be this guy, but can we do the fa draft next week? I think we should keep the same cutoff but if they can’t play this weekend anyways, may be better to know what we need after week 1 rounds?? I’ll do whatever, but just my opinion. Thanks for all the work!
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

d1d n w1r1h donate $2k usd for a gr8 competitive n f1n seasin n dwippil admits 8 teams would b bettir but jus refusis 2 re draft and instead says the good news is the seasin will b short

cud u post the fa ordir this instint and the * ratinks for free 1g1nts

Comment

sure ill signup - rusty and might not even show at all
                        1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                        1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                        1:Tiny> LOL
                        1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Working...
                        X