Should we have more captains for DT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we have more captains for DT?

There's over 130+ signups and there's still more coming. Should we have more captains? That's roughly 22 per team. Only 5 can play in dueling and 8 in bds. On Sunday, only 30 people will be playing in the entire league for dueling matches and 48 for basing. That's a whole lot of people in spectate. Of course the rebuttal is "it's been done before just fine" but was it fine? I mean the people saying that probably got played and will be played again. We can all see there's more than enough people to have more captains.
    Yes, 8 captains, even if it means we wait another week or two.
    41.67%
    No, leave it at 6.
    58.33%
    More than 8 captains, even if it means we wait another week or two.
    0%

The poll is expired.

Edit: I was too harsh, and deleted my original message.

8 teams would have been nice. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough volunteers in time. Secondly, we asked the people who did volunteer their time to be captains and it was decided to not do a re-draft. There will be no expansion this season.
    Last edited by Dwopple; 06-13-2022, 06:09 PM.
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Could we not draft and hold games the same day? Just hold draft for 8 stars and above and randomize the rest. A lot of people signed up last-minute, shit happens, lets fix it and have a great season. Least that's how I see it. I mean that's just a lot of people on the bench. Seems like those who want to keep it at 6 capts are the ones for sure playing regardless if it was 4, 6, 8, 12 or w/e. I won't get played regardless and am not sure if I could even make games with them being hosted in the middle of the day on a Sunday, so I don't have much motive here. My only real motive is I'd like to see more people played and think that there's way too many people on the sidelines if we remain bullheaded about this keeping it at 6.

Also, I meant no disrespect to you Dwopple or our other volunteers either. I just think if you guys are going to put all the energy into this, why not try and make it the best summer DT with lots of people playing rather than a mediocre one with a lot of people on the bench? Rally the troops. And if you're reading this and would like more teams too, ask to volunteer/help out. I'd even go on a limb here and volunteer to captain. Am sure am not alone, should be easy to find 2 more. Tell us what you need for this to work and maybe we can all work together to swing it.

Comment

Grasps People had more than enough time to sign up, but they wanted to be dinks and wait to see who will sign up first. Why should we accommodate THOSE people? Honestly IMO we should get rid of free agency all together for short tournaments and force people to sign up in time or not at all. Many people spent HOURS doing the draft, Should we have had more teams? Certainly but like I said some people are dinks and THOSE people are to blame for not giving the DT OPS enough time to get more captains. The draft is done live with it for the season.

Dwopple Many players have volunteered over the years to captain but get shut down, I bet this is a big part of the reason we don't have many volunteers anymore. DT is supposed to be more inclusive than TWL yet we have the same people captaining every season. If a certain someone who can't even type in any coherent language can captain, how hard can it be?
        rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
        rEnZi> its crazy
        rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Hey so I am just an idiot. I shouldn't have questioned league OPs decisions or created polls like this. There was lots of time to sign up, people didn't, is what it is. This thread is dumb and my apologies to OPs, Dwopple and everyone else I may have offended in the process as usual for "trying to help". Seems whenever I try to help, I just upset y'all and that's unfortunate because I really like this game. Like the star limits, I shouldn't have said anything. Anyways, I'll stay out of forum topics best I can. My intentions are there but I lack execution which is basically my life story lol.. Sorry fam and please forgive me.

PS: Please just delete this thread if you can. I can't apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post

Many players have volunteered over the years to captain but get shut down, I bet this is a big part of the reason we don't have many volunteers anymore. DT is supposed to be more inclusive than TWL yet we have the same people captaining every season. If a certain someone who can't even type in any coherent language can captain, how hard can it be?
            This ^

Grasps The poll was fine for a perspective point of view on the state of the 6 team decision. You shouldn't have to apologize and you shouldn't have staff deleting rage threads towards you over the fact you made it either.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Don't worry about it, Ixa. There will always be opposition and some may be more hostile than others, but it doesn't mean you should be quiet or afraid to speak up your opinion(s). I would personally have preferred to play with more teams as now many will be forcibly benched due to large roster sizes. Nevertheless I am sure most captains will attempt to rotate and give chances and/or playtime to their players.

Unfortunately an expansion to this league was rather impossible to execute as it would've needed a lot of extra work from our league operators, finding two willing and capable captains while also getting a seal of approval from all current captains.

Comment

Grasps We have our opinions, you have yours. We get to voice ours, you get to voice yours too. Like Turban said don't be scared to voice yours. Mine was not intended to come across as hostile to you for your post.

I would like to see more teams too but we have deadlines for a reason, having re-drafts or expansions now, will set the precedent for future events to allow that behaviour and makes the events even more of a pain in the ass to run. This is my opinion. The decision ends up being the league op running the event.

EDIT: Oh dwopple made another post I didn't see
                rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                rEnZi> its crazy
                rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Working...
                X