• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=ogron;n1360269]

for the challenge.

[/QUOTE]

Yis.

Its an additional, minor way to reduce the margin of error in the rating system.

Eximpil: I was rated 8 in wb. I would vs 8.5 or 9, regardless of my hirrindis existing and past stats, & the negative consequences (it would be harder to fit 8.5 than 8 in a lineup, so less playtime).

Not everyone operates the same in terms of wanting 2 vs a higher rating, maybe some folks do. This rule would be directed at them.

Comment

[QUOTE=ogron;n1360269]

for the challenge.

saiyan and ease play as 10*s in everything, i doubt they would find playing as an 8* or 9* interesting or meaningful.

only 2 people have ever won warbird as a 10* since the star cap system was implemented nine seasons ago (Racka and Iron Survivor); it's one of the most difficult feats in the game..[/QUOTE]

Only like 5 people have ever been rated 10* in wb to begin with, so it's not that big of a deal. Vys/Best might win it this season as well, which would mean nearly all 10* wbs would have won it at least once.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

[QUOTE=Riverside;n1360270]

Yis.

Its an additional, minor way to reduce the margin of error in the rating system.

Eximpil: I was rated 8 in wb. I would vs 8.5 or 9, regardless of my hirrindis existing and past stats, & the negative consequences (it would be harder to fit 8.5 than 8 in a lineup, so less playtime).

Not everyone operates the same in terms of wanting 2 vs a higher rating, maybe some folks do. This rule would be directed at them.[/QUOTE]

I respect that you stepped up to captain when many others didn't, and I'm glad you've continued to contribute wholeheartedly despite some negativity from everyone around you.
        Last edited by WillBy; 07-25-2022, 09:05 PM. Reason: Constructive comments only
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

[QUOTE=Exalt;n1360278]

If you weren't a captain though, you'd get literally 0 playtime as an 8.5* player based on your past few seasons.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll bite on this one.

Not the three or four recent posts you've written.

Thats okay with me, 1 league always been mediocre at 2d spaceships scrubbir who loses to fartsniffir in the 1 ship he plays, 24 hours after publically vsing folks who lose to [B]fartsniffir[/B], never been rated above 7.5* in any league but spends his time lurking on forums to talk shit about people who pew pew in all leagues, aka the person aliased as [B]Exalt[/B].

I'll live with the consequences.

Take your opinion to the trash-talking forum. We're talking about league ideas in this thread.

I've noticed that you, a supposedly grown human, has gotten your words publically edited by another human. It got to that point, 6000+ posts in (this post cud b editid by sum1 idc).

Thank you again.
          Last edited by Riverside; 07-25-2022, 09:27 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Riverside;n1360279]

Okay, I'll bite on this one.

Not the three or four recent posts you've written.

Thats okay with me, 1 league always been mediocre at 2d spaceships scrub who loses to fartsniffir in the 1 ship he plays, 24 hours after publically vsing folks who lose to [B]fartsniffir[/B], never been rated above 7.5* in any league but has 6000+ posts on spaceship forums with many posts consisting of him talking shit about people in all leagues, aka the person aliased as [B]Exalt[/B].

I'll live with the consequences.

Take your opinion to the trash-talking forum. We're talking about league ideas in this thread.

Thank you again, cutie.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to knock you. I'm just saying you cannot legitimately claim you're an 8.5* or higher player right now. 10 years ago, sure. 2022? No. You wouldn't get played by anyone at that rating, which would beg the question why you or others would want to be rated higher. You'd lose all possibility of being played for zero real gain. Nobody thinks of you as an 8.5* player even if you are rated one. That's not to say you cannot become one again, but you aren't at the moment and it will definitely hurt you.

Ogron saying 10* players want to be rated highly is ignoring the fact that their skill is higher than the rest of the game. Lower rated players are rated lower for a reason. More challenge for them likely won't result in better performances.
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

[QUOTE=Exalt;n1360280]

I'm not trying to knock you. I'm just saying you cannot legitimately claim you're an 8.5* or higher player right now. 10 years ago, sure. 2022? No. You wouldn't get played by anyone at that rating, which would beg the question why you or others would want to be rated higher. You'd lose all possibility of being played for zero real gain. Nobody thinks of you as an 8.5* player even if you are rated one. That's not to say you cannot become one again, but you aren't at the moment and it will definitely hurt you.

[/QUOTE]

Im trying to knock you.

Today (2022), you're unplayable despite your low rating at ship 1 (you're at a spaceships career high of 7.5*), 2, 3, 5 and 8 in 2d spaceships.

Today, you're bad in 2d Spaceships Hockey Zone.

There is no Zone, no area in this game you perform well in.

You were bad at 2d spaceships 20 years ago when you were also spamming Forums giving your commentary about other peoples 2d spaceship pew pew abilities.

Go back to the threads objective.

Or don't.

Either way: keep posting about me in unsolicited times, situations and places, and your input about me will eventually be vs'd. Your words and e-credibility are and will be at the center. Lol at the "sincere" place you claim it comes from.
              Last edited by Riverside; 07-25-2022, 09:49 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Riverside;n1360282]

Im trying to knock you.

Today (2022), you're unplayable despite your low rating at ship 1 (you're at a spaceships career high of 7.5*), 2, 3, 5 and 8 in 2d spaceships.

Today, you're bad in 2d Spaceships Hockey Zone.

There is no Zone, no area in this game you perform well in.

You were bad at 2d spaceships 20 years ago when you were also spamming Forums giving your commentary about other peoples 2d spaceship pew pew abilities.

Go back to the threads objective.

Or don't.

Either way: keep posting about me in unsolicited times, situations and places, and your input about me will eventually be vs'd. Your words and e-credibility are and will be at the center. Lol at the "sincere" place you claim it comes from.[/QUOTE]

Alright my man. You're clearly slow or something, so I won't bother responding past saying good luck with your future TWDT seasons.
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Rather than force another change, I'd like to see teams be given more options. Specifically less ship restrictions and maybe more rare prizes in greens (decoys for example). One option could be small wzl with 1 rep and 1 tiny brick (no rocket or cloak could prevent some cheese), and could even keep in same limits for shark (ie max 2 of shark and/or wzl)

Comment

Circle wb map!
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I will post my idea here as well, Turban idea is similar, but it still feels too complicated and too many tiers:
                      Here is suggestion, maybe just rearrange the draft from VPs into tiers:
                      top-tier - ratings 9-10
                      mid-tier - ratings 7.5-8.5
                      low-tier - ratings 6-7

In duelling, team is allowed to field 2 top-tier and 3 mid-tier players. If they want to use another top-tier, they have to sacrifice mid-tier for low-tier, so 3 top-tier 1 mid 1 low. Looking at ratings, we have around 18-20 top tier players, so majority of them would get played and have no reason to whine, especially with 8 team league setup, while majority of spots would go to biggest group, the mid-tiers and if there is some upcoming low-tier player worth the spot, he can have a chance as well.

In basing we have around 33-36 top tier players. So there setup of 3 top-tier 5 mid-tier with possibility to switch to 4-top 3-mid 1-low seems fair.
                      From my point of this, this has many advantages:
                      1) arranging lineups is far easier, which maybe encourages more people to cap, subbing also does not have to mean some complicated switches where 2 ppl get subbed for 2 to keep the VP limit, which is disturbing for caps, especially if they play at the same time.
                      2) rating players is less flawed and getting gametime is much more up to you and your skills rather than points not fitting the lineup. I think captains are most often trying to max the limit, psychologically it feels right, but this means sometimes 8 star player gets gametime ahead of potentially better 7.5 player, who has been just rated wrong.

Potential negative effect is that the players in lower end of their tier will get less gametime.

Comment

[QUOTE=LeeRomeno;n1360290]
                        Potential negative effect is that the players in lower end of their tier will get less gametime.[/QUOTE]

This
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Whether you go with Turban's tier rating ranges or Lee's, some group of players will not have a lot of play time. In Turban's case, I would get a lot of playing time, while in Lee's I would see none. If draft league is catering towards the 7.5-8*'s, then Lee's system sounds more effective to cover the lower stars, but doesn't sound fun to play in (for the higher stars anyway).
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

not convinced that the tiers thing is clearly better, given the dev work required it doesn't seem worth it, compared to the alternative of just adding 1-2 stars to the star cap.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kim;n1360294]Whether you go with Turban's tier rating ranges or Lee's, some group of players will not have a lot of play time. In Turban's case, I would get a lot of playing time, while in Lee's I would see none. If draft league is catering towards the 7.5-8*'s, then Lee's system sounds more effective to cover the lower stars, but doesn't sound fun to play in (for the higher stars anyway).[/QUOTE]

Idea is to more or less to simplify the setup. How the tiers will be used in game, is totally another issue and there are many variants, for example instead of 2 top and 3 mid-tiers, it can easily be changed to 2top 2 mid and 1 low tier (if purpose is to have low tier player in game at all times). Also tiers can also be changed if necessary, for example low tier being from 6-7.5, mid 8-9 and top tier 9.5-10). My proposal was just more of concept proposal.

There are in reality 2 main factors that determine if a person (no matter what VP) gets to play:
                              a) if he is rated correctly (there is clear reason why willby is present in every duel game this league for example, as for some reason he is rated 6, he is in no way worse then majority of 6,5 star and several 7 star players, but as he was rated low, he is guaranteed to get a spot, as team can fit higher VP players and still be within the limit)
                              b) if number of players per team is in balance. (in this league, as many have stated, we could have easily gone with 8 teams, if there are too many ppl on squad, many are bound to be specced)

With tier system, we would eliminate the wrongful rating factor, as it is far more likely that raters can position players into 3 tiers correctly vs rating them from 6 to 10 correctly (9 different values possible). It is more up to player to prove his value within his tier, to get gametime ahead of someone else, rather him being rated 0.5 higher for some reason and being benched due to that.

Saying that, if development really is complicated, I totally understand if its not worth awhile.

Comment

My biggest concern with a star slot system is that it exacerbates misrating. Using Lee's numbers, the best 8.5s become significantly more valuable than the worst 9*s, though their skill levels are likely about the same. Compared with a star cap system, there's a .5* disparity that doesn't affect anyone too seriously.

The best argument I've seen in favor of star slot is that it reduces the mathematical min-maxing and encourages captains to add the best players they can without having to weigh half-star differences that are arbitrary to start with.

From what I can tell, the primary concern with the star cap is that too many teams focus on filling the star cap rather than adding real competitive lines. This means adding 6*s who dont play that ship to maximize the availability for high star players, generally leaving mid star players who'd love to play sitting in spec. This also leaves the high stars stuck carrying (or hunting) the low stars, which isn't really fun for either side there either.

Is my understanding of why people want a star slot system correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X