TWDT Season 26 Rules - Feedback Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=beam;n1360393]

We need to find a better way for ops to run DT. While it's great that Dwopple stepped up to run the league, his handling of every single issue that came up ranks all time bad. I believe this to be a result of Dwopple trying to run everything by himself and not taking input from anybody. All successful ops in the past have had a team of people to consult with on major decisions or at a minimum some people they respected enough to take input from. It seems the upcoming twl/dt is looking to correct this by having a larger team of ops/helpers so I will withhold judgement on that league.[/QUOTE]

Whats the contributing idea, thought, challenge or solution being presented?

The upcoming TWL and TWDT seasons were announced (before your posts on this thread) to be led by multiple OPs. Not one decision maker total, or per league.

One could say,

A team of OPs?

I guess its good you agree with that decision, and wanted to voice that agreement in that way?
    Last edited by Riverside; 07-31-2022, 02:57 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tstatbox.png Views:\t0 Size:\t13.4 KB ID:\t1360399","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"1360399","data-size":"full","title":"statbox.png"}[/ATTACH]

Screenshotted from 4v4prac in chaos zone (3 lives per person):

In warbird & javelin games, on the top right corner of a player's screen, this statbox appears at the start of games to show how many kills and deaths each player has.

The !statbox command could allow a player to see/remove the statbox at the top right of their screen.

SEPARATE IDEA- like the !statbox, requires dev work (which is currently limited & currently contibuted voluntarily):

!coord function: MatchBot can coord to 1 specific player in warbird & javelin games, to a team (similar to MatchBot notifying teams in freq chat after an opposing player is on 7, 8 or 9).
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Riverside; 07-31-2022, 04:03 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=beam;n1360393]

I have no idea what purpose your posts have. You are basically just trying to argue with me for the sake of arguing and finding things to dispute that are irrelevant to the point of my posts. I assume you just want to look like an idiot in front of tens of people because I call you bad in game, so carry on.

We need to find a better way for ops to run DT. While it's great that Dwopple stepped up to run the league, his handling of every single issue that came up ranks all time bad. I believe this to be a result of Dwopple trying to run everything by himself and not taking input from anybody. All successful ops in the past have had a team of people to consult with on major decisions or at a minimum some people they respected enough to take input from. It seems the upcoming twl/dt is looking to correct this by having a larger team of ops/helpers so I will withhold judgement on that league.[/QUOTE]

lol.
        zidane> big play
        Omega Red> dwop sick
        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

[QUOTE=Zeebu;n1360320]most of these suggestions seem fairly reasonable.

mouse trying to boot all the low star players out of the league is stupid and hes an asshole for keeping trying to do it. if you dont want to play the draft league, dont. dont try and remove people from the league that you dont want to play with. dickhead.

ogron bashed the 'minmaxing' and spreadsheets that helps in a star capped league. the trading too. im not sure i see an issue here though. honestly im not really sure what youre trying to say. in one comment you say the star cap was implemented to open up the capping pool and allow for lesser rated captains to not be disadvantaged and in the next one you bash violence (a lower rated cap) for trying his best to use the system in place that allows him to captain without disadvantage. violence can be annoying and unintelligible at times, but hes still a very competent captain in this league.

if we move to the slot style, lower stared caps are once again at a disadvantage. is there anything that could be done with the draft or slots themselves that handicaps that difference? maybe an additional compensatory pick someplace? im not sure how to address this. going to a slot system also removes the ability to play a decent top to bottom lineup of all 8s and 9s which have been shown to compete well in the league.

i guess it would be good to state what the goal of the league is. in my opinion the two ideals that make twdt great is the inclusivity and the team parity. the star cap, imo, will do a better job of both of these than slots. think back to the twdt prior to the current one going on, i dont remember any major star cap drama. there were an appropriate number of teams for the amount of players we had. if we size the league correctly, the star cap vs slots shouldnt look too different, but slots eliminate the all 8/9 line option. im against a twdt that ends up with caps just putting in all the good players and not having to think about lineup ability tradeoffs.

could we implement a midseason rating adjustment? it would force caps to totally reevaluate their lines if they are set already, but i think we could force it to be a net neutral change. there is already talk on changing the rating distribution, if a player moves up or down into a different rating group, we can move someone else in that rating group out. regardless of how its done, i think its worth discussing the pros/cons of a midseason rating adjustment.

[/QUOTE]

Zeebu, it does not make sense for the worst players in the game to vs the best in competitive game modes. I am not trying to be an asshole take a moment to think about how other games or even irl leagues work for competitive games.

People are matched based on skill via some form of MMR in games or divisions in real life sports. The reaaom for this is not to be an asshole but it is to create fun games for everyone.

Why would a 6* want to show up and get smashed by a 10* who is literally hunting them cuz they are an easy target. Personally I dont find this type of gameplay fun and would enjoy more competitively balanced games. Playing vs people of equal skill is a lot more fun for everyone.

twbd jd dd is like a pickup league where anyone can play together.

DT is where things get competitive and some form of MMR per say should be used.

I dont think this idea makes me an asshole although I am an asshole thx zeebu

Comment

Do a test of basic arithmetic on potential captains to weed out people like Jb inc and riverside lol

Comment

[QUOTE=saiyan;n1360423]Do a test of basic arithmetic on potential captains to weed out people like Jb inc and riverside lol[/QUOTE]

and re-institute the trade cap? trading should be for fixing line-up issues or moving unhappy players, it's not a fantasy basketball league for you to abuse lesser captains.

if you need more than the draft to out-captain others, you're not as clever as you think you are.

i heard from someone today tiny traded violence JAMAL and Bugyswartz for nothing? got this idiot tiny handing people titles.

cap trades to 3 or 4 per season, this is getting ridiculous.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

[QUOTE=ogron;n1360516]

and re-institute the trade cap? trading should be for fixing line-up issues or moving unhappy players, it's not a fantasy basketball league for you to abuse lesser captains.

if you need more than the draft to out-captain others, you're not as clever as you think you are.

i heard from someone today tiny traded violence JAMAL and Bugyswartz for nothing? got this idiot tiny handing people titles.

cap trades to 3 or 4 per season, this is getting ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Stfu

we didn’t need or use Jamal so we traded for hopes of someone to fit in our line, that didn’t show up. Bugy was hot doo doo beginning of the season and was missing a week we needed someone and traded early in the season. Jamal almost cost them the dtj title, he got subbed out and then they won.

Keep my name out your fucking mouth and work some spreadsheets.

edit:

also only made 3 trades that was under every trade limit ever set?

ps. Keep mentioning me and ima pick you first round every single time we have DT
                Last edited by Tiny; 08-06-2022, 07:58 PM.
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tiny;n1360517]

Stfu

we didn’t need or use Jamal so we traded for hopes of someone to fit in our line, that didn’t show up. Bugy was hot doo doo beginning of the season and was missing a week we needed someone and traded early in the season. Jamal almost cost them the dtj title, he got subbed out and then they won.

Keep my name out your fucking mouth and work some spreadsheets.

edit:

also only made 3 trades that was under every trade limit ever set?

ps. Keep mentioning me and ima pick you first round every single time we have DT[/QUOTE]

bugy won them 2 titles and jamal helped them a lot in base, but my point is violence's trading is out of control and has been for multiple seasons, and there needs to be a 3 trade limit, which none of the other caps would likely hit.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

[QUOTE=Tiny;n1360517]

ps. Keep mentioning me and ima pick you first round every single time we have DT[/QUOTE]

TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY TINY

*yells out like donkey* PICK ME ROUND 1!!
                    rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                    rEnZi> its crazy
                    rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

• [QUOTE=ogron;n1360516]

cap trades to 3 or 4 per season, this is getting ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe the league ops should look deeper into these trade requests and not approve them if they’re lopsided? Or don’t captain maladroit retards who are too stupid to know the value of players or don’t know how to count to 41 to distribute a fucking line.. A winning captain is always going to endeavor to lowball plonker captains like Riverside if they can further better their team, there’s no rule for getting finessed..

Also, Violence is one of the greatest DT captains of all-time, if not then he is definitely in the goat conversation..

To endeavor and enforce a trading rule proscribe on the league because someone like Violence has prospered again in a proven role he’s been taking on for countless seasons is veraciously painful to read imho because it just gives huge loser mentality and hating vibes.. I’ve seen this particular hating attitude from numerous people because they can’t lose and let other ppl win once in awhile.. I’m verbally expressing this from the bottom of my heart because we don’t give enough credit and applauding in this community when someone flourishes we always look for ways to knock them down than congratulate someone for a phenomenal captainship season..

Comment

• Congratulations to Cho/Best/[B]BIG SPIT TER[/B]/Luka/50 other presenting aliases, wut a gr8 warbird and javelin!!! 🐐

Wud think tanzu/siaxis 🐐 was another alias, but n theyre diff, recently with a copy of da (inc)orporatid script hehe haha

Congrats 2 viop, wat a gr8 spaceships leader n captain!!!! 🐐
                        Last edited by Riverside; 08-10-2022, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• g11t

Comment

• [QUOTE=Riverside;n1360561]Congratulations to Cho/Best/[B]BIG SPIT TER[/B]/Luka/50 other presenting aliases, wut a gr8 warbird and javelin!!!

Wud think tanzu/siaxis was another alias, but n theyre diff, recently with a copy of da script hehe haha

Congrats 2 viop, wat a gr8 spaceships leader n captain!!!! 🐐[/QUOTE]

Lol sorry for utilizing you as an example of a brain-dead captain but you fit the description too well and you’re the best current meme / laughing stock for being imbecilic.. wasn’t trying to intentionally rip ya bud but you did that to yourself and you’re sempiternally a low iq squirrel...

Luka is the only current name I’m using is that a secret? you’re still trying to keep your little rep alive from 2011 when you were a 9* star wb at the very best.. stop trying to give your input on everything game-related its aids reading shit that emerges from your mouth you garbage ass kid go find something better to do cuz clearly being a forum warrior is something you suck at too.. At least you chose very late in your life at the age of 34 to start sucking other players cocks from spec.. I’m glad u found something ur decent at.. lmao clown

Lol cmon Quiverside stop mentioning Le Zu and players who shit on you constantly and focus on people around your skill-range (pawner, JB and Silvertongue) those are guys you’re allowed to mention...
                            Last edited by Best; 08-10-2022, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Im glad your 2d spaceships game is better than your spit game, big spit-ter.

The vocabulary in the last 2 posts looooool o cho

Comment

• [QUOTE=Riverside;n1360565]Im glad your 2d spaceships game is better than your spit game, big spit-ter.

The vocabulary in the last 2 posts looooool o cho[/QUOTE]

Lol exactly my point.. I know you don’t have that kind of brain capacity to comprehend anything that requires you to use your brain eh?

Beat it, Stinky! Pee-You! 🤮

Comment

Working...
                                X