Inflated base ratings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflated base ratings.

With the assumption we are sticking to a star cap, can we please bring these inflated base ratings down before next season? Simply increasing star cap is just putting a band aid on the problem. I'm sure we could easily get a small committee together of qualified players to work together on it. I know Turban already suggested like 2 dozen or so here [url]https://puu.sh/JazSm/049ea2860a.png[/url] it is certainly a good start of names to look at it.
    rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
    rEnZi> its crazy
    rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

My humble opinion is that we should throw out the current ratings and start from scratch. I think part of the problem is that ratings are colored by years and years of history and, in most cases, people only move +- half a star in a season.

Someone else suggested this method: Define a "10/9/8-star spider" and then see who fits in that category. Rinse and repeat.

Per-ship ratings on an as-requested basis would be cool. Like I might be able to get some play time in terr if I were a 7* (if a captain was feeling nice).
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Happy to do a pass over a ratings sheet if needed. Some thoughts for now:

Ratings:
      - I agree with turban's sheet, plus:
      - cripple should be the only 10* spider, the other guys should be 9.5* (e.g. sarger=Ease=auto)
      - Joeses should be 9.5* (and banned for lag cheating)

Stars:
      - Change the star cap to 60* and don't count the terrier's rating (opportunity cost in the draft is the price you pay for picking a high rated terrier)
      - Change the minimum player rating to 7* to avoid overpowered 6.5* players

Edit: +1 about per-ship ratings as requested, but it's more dev work.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rab;n1360436]- cripple should be the only 10*[/QUOTE]

or make cripple the first honorary 10.5 star? 2 gud
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

[quote=Rab]
          Stars:
          - Change the star cap to 60* and don't count the terrier's rating (opportunity cost in the draft is the price you pay for picking a high rated terrier)
          [/QUOTE]

Rab is a genius of the highest order. Implement this immediately ty

[I][SIZE=8px](or fix the cram).[/SIZE][/I]
          top 100 basers list

Comment

[QUOTE=RageRitual;n1360434]Turban already suggested like 2 dozen or so [ratings] here [url]https://puu.sh/JazSm/049ea2860a.png[/url] [/QUOTE]

turban rating himself 10* and sarger 9.5* while having made 1 final in 10 seasons while sarger went to 7 finals (winning 6) and being on one of the hottest basing streaks of all-time is the absolute height of comedy and peak subspace.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Nx0h6WF.png[/img]

thanks for the laugh, i needed that.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

I do think it would be interesting to isolate the star cap to just spiders only and provide a star slot system for shark/terr (calling these specials, because "skill ship" would hurt Mouse's feelings).

For example, Orcas use 41* in spider, and had 1 elite, 1 high and 1 mid tier special.
              Power the season before spent 41.5 in spider and had 2 elite, 1 low special.
              PF spent 42* on spider, and had 2 high, 1 mid star.

Runners up: r1p1t1 used 42*, 1 high, 2 mids
              Terrorist used 42.5*, 2 highs 1 mid
              Kobe used 41.5*, 1 elite, 1 high, 1 low

Using these numbers, a star cap of 42 for spiders and something like 1 elite, 1 high, 1 mid. This would make it easier for experiments in shark/terr, star caps would match in each division, and solves the impossible task of comparing star ratings between ships.

Comment

vys should be lowered to at least 8.5,

Also Vehicle, you had your broken season at 7.5, don't try to finesse a title by getting rated something ridiculous like 7* in terr when you've been playing the ship for 20 years. :P
                absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

[QUOTE=WillBy;n1360443]I do think it would be interesting to isolate the star cap to just spiders only and provide a star slot system for shark/terr (calling these specials, because "skill ship" would hurt Mouse's feelings).

For example, Orcas use 41* in spider, and had 1 elite, 1 high and 1 mid tier special.
                  Power the season before spent 41.5 in spider and had 2 elite, 1 low special.
                  PF spent 42* on spider, and had 2 high, 1 mid star.

Runners up: r1p1t1 used 42*, 1 high, 2 mids
                  Terrorist used 42.5*, 2 highs 1 mid
                  Kobe used 41.5*, 1 elite, 1 high, 1 low

Using these numbers, a star cap of 42 for spiders and something like 1 elite, 1 high, 1 mid. This would make it easier for experiments in shark/terr, star caps would match in each division, and solves the impossible task of comparing star ratings between ships.[/QUOTE]

the spid lines were absolute dogshit this season this DT was the worst for quality of comp... if u guys are using low star spids who literally just shoot in a line under take my name off cap I want no part of watching noobs line kill sharks w/o reps and ram mines n shit... watching river play himself in every league was also super cringe cuz of how shit he was. Don't cap people who have no pride

Comment

[QUOTE=MousE;n1360445]

the spid lines were absolute dogshit this season this DT was the worst for quality of comp... if u guys are using low star spids who literally just shoot in a line under take my name off cap I want no part of watching noobs line kill sharks w/o reps and ram mines n shit... watching river play himself in every league was also super cringe cuz of how shit he was. Don't cap people who have no pride[/QUOTE]

Lol.
                    zidane> big play
                    Omega Red> dwop sick
                    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

[QUOTE=Dwopple;n1360446]

Lol.[/QUOTE]

what is funny is how poor a job u did with this DT. It was basically the special Olympics of SS I mean I guess that is fitting for u to run. Keep those headphones on wouldn't wanna learn anything from anyone tho

Comment

[QUOTE=MousE;n1360445]

the spid lines were absolute dogshit this season this DT was the worst for quality of comp... if u guys are using low star spids who literally just shoot in a line under take my name off cap I want no part of watching noobs line kill sharks w/o reps and ram mines n shit... watching river play himself in every league was also super cringe cuz of how shit he was. Don't cap people who have no pride[/QUOTE]

It's a good thing I'm suggesting every team be more or less forced to play a better line (assuming star counts were accurate, which they werent) than this seasons champion. The 42 is arbitrary anyways- lines should be evaluated each season based loosely on average rating of the top 100 or so players (1.25 * #players/team * #teams). So in this spider cap system it'd be 1.25*5*10=63 spiders in the season. I still expect their average rating to be around 8.5, but again this is just an example.

Comment

[QUOTE=MousE;n1360447]

what is funny is how poor a job u did with this DT. It was basically the special Olympics of SS I mean I guess that is fitting for u to run. Keep those headphones on wouldn't wanna learn anything from anyone tho[/QUOTE]

Oh don't mind me, I was chuckling at you shitting on river's captain style while we literally had no one else only for you to conditionally withdraw your own captainship for this season.

​​​​​Lol. You're insufferable, man.

​​​​
                          zidane> big play
                          Omega Red> dwop sick
                          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

[QUOTE=Dwopple;n1360449]

Oh don't mind me, I was chuckling at you shitting on river's captain style while we literally had no one else only for you to conditionally withdraw your own captainship for this season.

​​​​​Lol. You're insufferable, man.

​​​​[/QUOTE]

ya I dont want to cap a team forced to use warbirds in base cuz of some retard making bad star caps

Comment

When rab/ogron originally pitched having terr star count not matter I almost jokingly made a post that said "let's do the same with sharks then too since it's basically the same argument."

And then WillBy suggests just that.

And then I think about it and realize it might work. As rab said, the specials cost would come from their draft position. I feel like this system probably would work the least well for the lower-starred specials, as in you can't save value in your lineup so you're going to take the best you can get. But I guess that just means a few sharks are at risk of riding the bench.

Gimmie that 7(.5)* Terr rating!
                              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                              Message has been sent to online moderators
                              2:BLeeN> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>no
                              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                              2:BLeeN> ok then no
                              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                              X