• Show
Clear All

• Rab's Basing Draft Review

[B]Best - Kobe[/B]

Rating: [B]B[/B]

69*
    [COLOR=#c0392b]Terr: Ekko (9)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2980b9]Sharks: Zidane (10), Zapata (7.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#27ae60]Spiders: sarger (10), TPZ (8.5), Diakka (8.5), Best (8), Lee (7.5)[/COLOR]

69*
    [COLOR=#c0392b]Terr: Ekko (9)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2980b9]Sharks: Zidane (10), Riverside (8)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#27ae60]Spiders: sarger (10), TPZ (8.5), HellzNo! (8), Best (8), Lee (7.5)[/COLOR]

Lineups with and without Diakka because I’m not sure of his attendance, also illustrates some flexibility in this draft team. A full team of basers, most of which are useful in other divisions. Best said he got sniped many times, but you wouldn’t know it from this draft result. Great job.

Mugshot: HellzNo! - the duck bishop from hell
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/IgepLhX.png"}[/IMG2]

[B]RageRitual - Nightmare[/B]

69*
    [COLOR=#c0392b]Terr: RageRitual (8.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2980b9]Sharks: Mythril (9.5), Liz (8.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#27ae60]Spiders: Cripple (10), Mouse (9.5), Aprix (8), RUCCI (8), Kassius (7)[/COLOR]

Subs: Zeebu (7.5), Lai (7)

It was always going to be hard for a low star cap to compete in this draft. I assume Rage is going to terr himself, because his only other option is Aprix, who last terred when Banks was in kindergarten. I’m not convinced that Rage is really worth 8.5 in terr, so that feels like an additional penalty before any picks are made.

Overall a solid shark pair and competent spider line, but I feel like the minute Mouse speaks Cripple will eat him for the protein.

This team doesn’t have the depth in other divisions, especially jav - presumably a consequence of Rage’s basing experience bias.

Mugshot: Cripple - the lifter bro troll
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/Jze1tML.png"}[/IMG2]

[B]Morph - Treyway[/B]

Rating: [B]C[/B]

69*
    [COLOR=#c0392b]Terr: Apt (8.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2980b9]Sharks: Sprackle (9.5), Morph (8.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#27ae60]Spiders: Saiyan (10), Skatarius (9.5), Groan (8), Bellflowers (8), Warthog (7)[/COLOR]

Subs: Jack (8.5), WBM (8.5)

I don’t believe in Treyway’s low stars, so I’ve included an option without them. I couldn’t get Saiyan to fit sadly.

69*
    [COLOR=#c0392b]Terr: Apt (8.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2980b9]Sharks: Sprackle (9.5), Morph (8.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#27ae60]Spiders: Skatarius (9.5), Jack (8.5), WBM (8.5), Groan (8), Bellflowers (8)[/COLOR]

Subs: Saiyan (10)

Is there a way we can not terr Apt and also field Saiyan?...

[COLOR=#c0392b]Terr: Morph (8.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2980b9]Sharks: Sprackle (9.5), Bellflowers (8)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#27ae60]Spiders: Saiyan (10), Skatarius (9.5), Apt (8.5), Groan (8), Warthog (7)[/COLOR]

Subs: Jack (8.5), WBM (8.5)

This team is giving me a headache tbh. The players are fine, but they don’t fit nicely into a lineup. Perhaps the best way to review them is to just show my thought process, so that’s what you’ve got.

[B]MVP - Outlaw[/B]

68*
    [COLOR=#c0392b]Terr: Maketso (9)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2980b9]Sharks: Dwopple (9.5), Markmrw (8.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#27ae60]Spiders: Zizzo (9), Vys (8.5), Dutch Baser (8), MVP (8), Iron Survivor (7.5)[/COLOR]

Subs: Ardour (7.5), Jammu (8), Dad (6.5)

Another low star cap that doesn’t feel like good value, made up for by picking Iron Survivor who is great value at 7.5*. The team ends up under budget at 68*... wait, could there be a genuine misunderstanding about what the star cap is? I thought 69* but the forum says 68*. I hear the trolls declaring “you better make a post about it Rab”, okay then.. [url]https://forums.trenchwars.com/twdt/1361202-rules-questions-star-caps-basing-map[/url]

As for this lineup, I think the over spiders could struggle against other teams, even though it’s not a particularly bad lineup, that’s where the 1* underspend is. Maybe the solid shark pair will in part make up for that.

[I]In a dramatic turn of events, MVP answers my forum post, confirming he knows the star cap is 69* and is therefore just terrible at drafting. KEKW[/I]

Mugshot: Vys - the space goat.
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/fsxEcdL.png"}[/IMG2]

[B]Dreamwin - Terrorist[/B]

Rating: [B]D[/B]

68.5*
    [COLOR=#c0392b]Terr: Draft (8)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2980b9]Sharks: Joeses (9), Cig Smoke (8)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#27ae60]Spiders: Dreamwin (10), Aggi (9.5), Hypocrit (8.5), Henry Saari (8), Dare (7.5)[/COLOR]

I feel like relying on Draft to terr is a mistake other teams have made before. If Draft doesn’t terr, then Dreamwin has to, and the lineup is about 66*. I hope Dreamwin knows what he’s doing, or maybe Ogron’s AI mugshot is on-point.

Mugshot: Dreamwin - the guy with a plan the audience knows will fail
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/8hcGEZR.png"}[/IMG2]

[B]Ogron - Gryffindor[/B]

Rating: [B]A[/B]

69*
    [COLOR=#c0392b]Terr: Ogron (10)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2980b9]Sharks: Omega Red (8), Jackie (7.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#27ae60]Spiders: Absurd (10), Renzi (9), Brethal (9), Kado (8.5), Mercedes (7)[/COLOR]

Subs: Rasaq (8), Rozay (7), Clark Kentaro (7.5)

I admit being very surprised during the draft to see Ogron not drafting sharks, but Ogron knows his stuff and obviously feels like these sharks are good enough to allow for an absolutely MASSIVE spider line. I feel like this team is Hufflepuff in other divisions, but at least this makes for an interesting experiment. Perhaps this is the only team that has adapted to the new map, expecting the cram to be harder to hold and instead focus on flag room battles, could be genius.

Mugshot: big Jackie> chan
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/bZhTFdN.png"}[/IMG2]

[B]Lockdown - Helmet[/B]

68.5*
    [COLOR=#c0392b]Terr: Heaven (9)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2980b9]Sharks: Hulk (10), Beam (7.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#27ae60]Spiders: BOMBED (9.5), Lockdown (9), TJ Hazuki (8.5), Ra (8), Racka (7)[/COLOR]

Solid team overall, nice value in Beam and Ra but they’re slightly under budget so it doesn’t make a difference.

I haven’t seen BOMBED around in a long time, so I don’t have confidence in his attendance, but presumably Lockdown checked. There’s no depth in this team so everyone needs to show.

[B]Violence - Rapid[I] (ripiti!)[/I][/B]

69*
    [COLOR=#c0392b]Terr: Mikkiz (10)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2980b9]Sharks: WillBy (9), Violence (8.5)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#27ae60]Spiders: Jurassic (9), Frozen Throne (9), Banks (8.5), Public Assassin (7.5), Siaxis (7.5)[/COLOR]

Subs: Tripin (8), BugySwartz (7)

Vsink 3 viginis in othir divisins, howifir pissibili havink sicciss in basink with 3% effirt n bigyswirtzmin binchwirmir 2 allow ursilf 2 say bigyswirtzmin, amin.

Mugshot: WillBy the LGBT shark
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/S4EGaIT.png"}[/IMG2]

wtf am i 8.5 wasnt i an 8. yall fkin me up
    1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Nicely done Rab, thanks for the work
      TWLD 2016 Champion
      TWDTD champion x 3
      Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

ignore: misclick and dumb thing wont let me delete.
        rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
        rEnZi> its crazy
        rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

nice write-up, thanks for the content!
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Nice read, thanks rab!

Comment

Thanks for the write up. I’m sure you noticed in basing that there’s not a whole lot of extra high stars to keep someone over the 69* cap. I think I have a well balanced line with every spider being 8+ stars if you add Jammu in. Considering markmrw and I were both dropped a half star, the lineup wouldn’t have even worked in prior seasons. Looking forward to base, there are some good lines if show rates are there with ogron being the clear favorite right now.
              In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
              twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
              twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

[I]I'm just picking at your weaknesses to try and differentiate the teams, because without that they're all roughly equal and that's boring.[/I]

Consider if you'd picked any of these instead of jammu: WBM, (8.5), Ra (8), RUCCI (8), HellzNo! (8), bellflowers (8), Henry Saari (8), or picked earlier: Zizzo (9), Dutch Baser (8).

Even the EG players who are good now, were they worth 8* in their first season? Would you bet your season on it when there are reliable options on the table? (you did)

Comment

ogron has weakest (or most underrated) shark duo tho
                  ?

cripple> if u had a better connection u wouldnt be good

Comment

Yep, it's fair to say weakest, we're about to find out whether that matters.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rab;n1361267][I]I'm just picking at your weaknesses to try and differentiate the teams, because without that they're all roughly equal and that's boring.[/I]

Consider if you'd picked any of these instead of jammu: WBM, (8.5), Ra (8), RUCCI (8), HellzNo! (8), bellflowers (8), Henry Saari (8), or picked earlier: Zizzo (9), Dutch Baser (8).

Even the EG players who are good now, were they worth 8* in their first season? Would you bet your season on it when there are reliable options on the table? (you did)[/QUOTE]

I get it, I know you’re not being a jerk or anything and just making an assessment. I understand the points you are making and think it’s fair. I just don’t think hitting the 69 stars at the moment for my line is a negative given that markmrw went from 9.5 to 8.5, I went from 8.5 to 8, and Dutch was originally bumped up to 8.5 prior to the deflations.

I think getting Zizzo and Dutch at the rounds I did is good value. As for as the others, I think you have a good argument for bellflowers over Jammu especially since he can shark/terr in a pinch and bellflowers would’ve been the safe pick. Jammu ultimately has a lot of upside and the team felt he was worth the investment. The others listed have their flaws though (show rate, reputation, trends, etc).

Ultimately everyone has their differences in value and evaluation though which is part of what makes this game fun. I appreciate the thoughtful write up because it gets people excited.
                      In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                      twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                      twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Fun fact only 2 teams hit 69* cap week 1 in base.
                        rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                        rEnZi> its crazy
                        rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Working...
                        X