Overachiever of the Week - Season 26, Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overachiever of the Week - Season 26, Week 1

Bringing this back with the new season. Final prize payouts are still in the works (for the whole league) but this should be in the $20-$25 range. I apologize for getting this out so late- I was reaching out to players for comments and some never got back to me

Our first nomination is for Kassius, who put up a solid 11-10 in TWDTD. As the low star (7*), Kassius led his team in kills, which is more than you can ask for from a 7 star. As a bonus, Kassius put up a staggering 93-42 with 2 TeKs in Nightmare's TWDTB match, again as a 7 star.

Second, in ship number 2 is Dwopple. Dwopple notched a commanding 16 kills in Outlaw's routing of nightmare, including two eliminations. Dwopple currently sits #3 on the TWDTJ leaderboard as a 7.5 star. When asked to comment on his performance, Dwopple asked, "TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO FIND OUT IF I'M TRULY UNDERRATED OR NOT!!!! hype" then added, "or if week 1 was a fluke"

Finally we have Maketso, who, despite being no stranger (9*) to his ship or this league, earned his nomination for an incredible 41-7, 5 TeKs as Outlaws anchor. Without a doubt, Maketso's performance had a huge impact on his team and narrowed their margin of defeat to a mere 20 seconds against a strong Gryffindor lineup.

Please cast your vote letting us know who you think stands out most! Votes close Friday at midnight.
    Kassius
    40.00%
    Dwopple
    52.00%
    Maketso
    8.00%

The poll is expired.

I vote for my boy Lee who went 9-6 in DT-J at 6.5 jav for Team Kobe 🔥

Comment

[QUOTE=Best;n1361382]I vote for my boy Lee who went 9-6 in DT-J at 6.5 jav for Team Kobe 🔥[/QUOTE]

I saw that performance and was definitely impressed, but unfortunately the game wasnt super competitive. You guys stomped *checks team* us! Lee's 9-6 was great, but what's perhaps more impressive is Ekko's 5-6. Man negged in a game where the enemy team barely went 1:2. Maybe we should flip their ratings?

Comment

I feel honoured for the nomination, ty Willby.

Comment

Let’s go Outlaw! Dwopple started picking off people left and right mid game. I looked at the scores early on and he was middle of the pack and then next thing I knew he was at like 14 kills having heads. Maketso played very well in a tough loss when we were up like 13-8 but just didn’t finish. Ogrons team played their heart out even while missing two of their starters so hats off to them on the strong comeback.
          In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
          twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
          twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

[QUOTE=WillBy;n1361384]

I saw that performance and was definitely impressed, but unfortunately the game wasnt super competitive. You guys stomped *checks team* us! Lee's 9-6 was great, but what's perhaps more impressive is Ekko's 5-6. Man negged in a game where the enemy team barely went 1:2. Maybe we should flip their ratings?
            [/QUOTE]

It's literally -1 and HellzNo! who is on my team and a full star higher than me went 5-5? Didn't realize I needed to try my heart out in a stomp where we outstarred them by 3 but ok. Good games Kass, Dwop, Maketso and Lee! Also thanks for the write up bringing attention to these superstars Wibly.
            absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

In my humble opinion none of these players are underachievers.

Kassius is simply underrated at 7*
              Dwopple has been at 7.5* jav rating for 72 years now and has had many of these 15+ kill games which he tends to follow up with a 4 kill game.
              Maketso is also a seasoned veteran of 72 years experience, and his team lost? :S.....

No offense intended but I can't take this poll seriously and I'm not voting.

Comment

Voted for kass, not just because he's on my team, but also over acheived in 2 leagues.

dwopple had a good game vs a jav line that only had one player get over 6 kills. To quote willby "the game wasnt super competitive"

maketso, 5 teks sounds huge especially with only 7 deaths, but then I look at the opponents sharks and wonder how many times did ogron die to bursts expecting them to be repped. maketso also knocked out his own teamate in jav lol

just like to point out only 2 of the 8 teams made star cap in base, maybe 69 was too ambitious for 8 teams gonna be some goofy games if this keeps up...still early in season though well see.
                Last edited by RageRitual; 09-22-2022, 03:25 PM.
                rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                rEnZi> its crazy
                rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

[QUOTE=RageRitual;n1361457]Voted for kass, not just because he's on my team, but also over acheived in 2 leagues.

dwopple had a good game vs a jav line that only had one player get over 6 kills. To quote willby "the game wasnt super competitive"
                  [/QUOTE]

You are wildly biased with your interpretation here. It wasn’t a super competitive game because of the fact the we overwhelmed your team. You, a 6.5 star jav, literally had to sub your 9 star jav mythril that was 1-8. Call it a dwopple over achievement or a mythril under achievement but clearly it was a much more unbalanced game than kass getting the most kills in a loss.

twdt-b 2017 finalist

Comment

[QUOTE=afghan;n1361464]

You are wildly biased with your interpretation here. It wasn’t a super competitive game because of the fact the we overwhelmed your team. You, a 6.5 star jav, literally had to sub your 9 star jav mythril that was 1-8. Call it a dwopple over achievement or a mythril under achievement but clearly it was a much more unbalanced game than kass getting the most kills in a loss.[/QUOTE]

For the record mythril asked for that sub, i only put myself in because the game was such a landslide I wasn't gonna ask anyone else to join that match.

kassius led team in kills as 7* in wb, but also went 93-42 (2.21 k/d) with 2 teks as 7* in base, so he played above his rating in 2 leagues not just one.
                    rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                    rEnZi> its crazy
                    rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

sum takeaways from this thrid:

mvp is xtremely bittir becuz she vs trinch wirs everyday jus 2 b benched 4 ekko in spid in twl which isnt eefin her main ship, n she was demotid to 8* for dtb despite vsink tw everyday for the p1st decade

mythril highly susp1ct for asking for a sub as a 10*, t1rr1b1l leadirship n t1st1c, i undirstind ne1 cud have a moment of weakness but dun let it happen again, perh1ps vs sum p1p1s1s b4 your mitchis on sunday so u vs sum highir T

Comment

[QUOTE=viop11;n1361498]sum takeaways from this thrid:

mvp is xtremely bittir becuz she vs trinch wirs everyday jus 2 b benched 4 ekko in spid in twl which isnt eefin her main ship, n she was demotid to 8* for dtb despite vsink tw everyday for the p1st decade

mythril highly susp1ct for asking for a sub as a 10*, t1rr1b1l leadirship n t1st1c, i undirstind ne1 cud have a moment of weakness but dun let it happen again, perh1ps vs sum p1p1s1s b4 your mitchis on sunday so u vs sum highir T[/QUOTE]

Why is rapid’s mascot saying my name? Your insults don’t hold any weight for someone who cheerleads from the bench every Sunday.

twdt-b 2017 finalist

Comment

Congrats to Dwopple, our week 1 Overachiever!

Comment

i guess no underachiever award?
                            There are quite a few nominees:
                            [B]WB:[/B]
                            flew - 9* going 4-10 in wb, also myth 10* going 7-10
                            lockdown 10* and beam 9* going 6-10
                            [B]Jav:[/B]
                            geio 8* going 4-10 in jav, dreamwin 10* going 7-10
                            There were a few others, but they played in severely handicapped teams.
                            [B]Base,[/B] i guess Kobes team had a few:
                            Ekko 9* going 29-8 in terr, same game hellzno! 8* had also very poor outing and got subbed and 10* sarger was outkilled by every other spider except for under-spiders and subs.

Comment

[QUOTE=LeeRomeno;n1361501]i guess no underachiever award?
                              There are quite a few nominees:
                              [B]WB:[/B]
                              flew - 9* going 4-10 in wb, also myth 10* going 7-10
                              lockdown 10* and beam 9* going 6-10
                              [B]Jav:[/B]
                              geio 8* going 4-10 in jav, dreamwin 10* going 7-10
                              There were a few others, but they played in severely handicapped teams.
                              [B]Base,[/B] i guess Kobes team had a few:
                              Ekko 9* going 29-8 in terr, same game hellzno! 8* had also very poor outing and got subbed and 10* sarger was outkilled by every other spider except for under-spiders and subs.

[/QUOTE]

Not giving cash prizes, but I'll see if I can negotiate a promo code discount on lessons from three-league, five-ship threat Cig Smoke, or any other equally accomplished players who would be willing to give a few pointers to the players listed above.

Comment

Working...
                              X