• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Season 27 Announcement

TWDT HYPE!

TWDT Season 27 Ops: beam, RaCka, tbd

Signups & Draft
    Signups are officially open. Please pm the TWDBot in ?go twdt with !signup so we can start to get an idea on players. Signups will close Saturday, February 18h at midnight EST-ish.

Teams & Star Caps
    We are aiming to have 8 teams. Star caps will be determined during the week leading up to the draft, dependent on who has signed up.

Player ratings & The Draft
    Ratings will be streamed about a week before the draft at a time that is convenient for the members who volunteer to assist with them. The draft will be live-streamed on Sunday, February 19th.

Start Date (Week 1)
    The season will start Sunday, February 26th. # of regular season games will be announced once we have determined the # of teams.

All other details regarding the league will be posted in the next couple days / weeks, but expect it to be very similar to the past few seasons.
    Last edited by beam; 01-23-2023, 02:06 AM.
    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Sign me up.
    rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
    rEnZi> its crazy
    rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Nice!!

Idk if it’s been done, but maybe do what we’ve done in the past, and get whoever is in charge of it to send out a mass email to all the registered players in TW and see if we can gain some interest again and have some old players return.
      FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
      #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

TWDT H Y P E

ty beam

I would recommend beginning to use mmr as one of the factors during the rating processes. Lee posted a sample mmr rating to TWDT rating conversion that i appreciated and may be worth vsing for players with more than x mmr games played.

Email callout sounds like a gr8 idea. I would imagine folks r more likely 2 return in da winter relative to other seasons of the year. + m m r !!!!

Comment

Whispirs r theres a new Captain flying among our 2d galaxies, sup Sprackle?

Comment

What happened to this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	NAUaGPy.png
Views:	677
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	1362633

Comment

Cap for twdt
              IMA HOE

Whacha gonna do on mawnin when you wake up to an M-16 nozzle at ya jaaaaaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
                Whispirs r theres a new Captain flying among our 2d galaxies, sup Sprackle?
                I'd like to congratulate Riverside for his 669th post...

Name:	image.png
Views:	660
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1362644

Comment

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                  What happened to this?
                  Dwopple and RaCka should be contacting people soon. It's a fair bit of work to get everyone's payment preferences. Also, Wirah's been a bit busy.

Don't forget that if you don't really need the cash, the server fund always needs some help. Quick donations plug as well. The donations site has been repaired but donations have really fallen off, so if TW's given you some joy, consider spreading the ol' holiday cheer. You'll even get a few pubbux for your generosity: www.trenchwars.org/donations
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                  -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                    Dwopple and RaCka should be contacting people soon. It's a fair bit of work to get everyone's payment preferences. Also, Wirah's been a bit busy.

Don't forget that if you don't really need the cash, the server fund always needs some help. Quick donations plug as well. The donations site has been repaired but donations have really fallen off, so if TW's given you some joy, consider spreading the ol' holiday cheer. You'll even get a few pubbux for your generosity: www.trenchwars.org/donations
                    There were no information on the distribution of the prizes so I would suggest you leave the prize pool for next season.

Being #1 in a dueling league has historically been the biggest individual prize. I was #1 in the jav leaderboard after regular season but didn't care enough to ask about it because I obviously assumed its not gonna be rolled out as there are still no information how the prize money is distributed and in addition the information has altered between 2k and 3k USD.
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post

I'd be more than happy to pay a small sub per month

Comment

Name:	yW9aSla.png
Views:	753
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1362649

This refreshes endlessly, and the mailbox for trenchwars_donate@yahoo.com doesn't exist

I've set up a $5/month recurring sub

Comment

This refreshes endlessly, and the mailbox for trenchwars_donate@yahoo.com doesn't exist

I've set up a $5/month recurring sub
                          Huge! A big thanks for that. Recurring subs of any amount really make a difference, and make it easier to budget.

Thanks for the heads up on the issues. I know you talked to Hook already to resolve some manually. He's going to continue to look at the donations code. It's only been tested a handful of times at this point. For recurring donations, we didn't come up with a great solution for how to provide the complimentary pubbux, but that's always something that can be checked every few months. You're the first person to set up a recurring sub via the page, so it's somewhat unknown territory. Thanks for bearing with, and thanks again for doing it.
                          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

No problem, I'm sure most of us can spare 5 bucks a month to be honest. Maybe a swanky banner on our TWD profile or something saying 'Supporter since MM/YY!' or something to encourage retention.

Comment

No problem, I'm sure most of us can spare 5 bucks a month to be honest. Maybe a swanky banner on our TWD profile or something saying 'Supporter since MM/YY!' or something to encourage retention.
                              +1

qan
                              Also I went to match kass 5 bucks a month idea but paypal the only option. Even runescape can setup a monthly subscription without paypal. Any chance we can get the same?
                              rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                              rEnZi> its crazy
                              rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Working...
                              X