TWDT Cash Payouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Cash Payouts

I got a message about the money being paid out for last TWDT season. I didn’t see any public talk about this, but I assumed most people had said move to this season since there was no official breakdown and knowledge of how it would be paid.

I vote that the money be moved to this season.

if that is not an option, I would like to donate my $75 to someone or a group of someone’s to add content to the upcoming season, as in HOns or predictions and write ups of these sorts.

thanks
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

I brought this up in another thread and even tagged people but never got response. Thanks for highlighting this Tiny!

I also saw no breakdown whatsoever anywhere so its quite shady if someone actually got paid this season.

If I won something (Dueling leagues #1 in the leaderboard has historically been the biggest single payout), donate them to HON and prediction writers too. Best is to just move them to next season or donate to volunteers/devs.
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I remember joking that it would be moved to future seasons again when it was moved last time, used as a perpetual fake prize. Take money out of this game, it isn't needed and it causes problems. All prize money currently stuck in limbo should go into the server fund and move on.

Comment

I don't think it's shady to pay people out if there was supposed to be cash prizes, pretty stupid statement. I know I haven't received my 'winnings' from 2 seasons ago despite being asked about it 5x, and no one knows what's going on with last season.

I'm saying this as someone who would have played regardless of prizes or not, but when you say you're going to do something and then don't, that's when there's a problem.

Comment

Can only speak for myself, but I only came back to play TWDT last season because of the Steam advert for the $3k prize pool. In all likelihood I'd re-donate nearly the entirety of whatever it would be back to the zone. It's not right to advertise it and then not give it out, regardless of what people would do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
            I don't think it's shady to pay people out if there was supposed to be cash prizes, pretty stupid statement. I know I haven't received my 'winnings' from 2 seasons ago despite being asked about it 5x, and no one knows what's going on with last season.

I'm saying this as someone who would have played regardless of prizes or not, but when you say you're going to do something and then don't, that's when there's a problem.
            Well of course not if you put it that way. I guess you misunderstood my point.

Qan said in the other thread that payouts are being handled like a week or two ago. There was never a breakdown how the prize money would be distributed this season. How do we know 24 didn't get 2k USD for being good at rocket league if we have no transparency how money is/was distributed? That is the shady part for me.

I would have played either way too.

I was #1 in jav leaderboard which has paid the most in all previous seasons prize money was involved and haven't received any message. In my opinion, there should be no money distributed at all since there was no information about the breakdown to begin with.

Comment

we can agree to disagree about whether knowing the exact breakdown of the prize pool matters, it's fairly obvious it would be similar to every other season (top performers in each league, winners). Your comment makes it seem like you or anyone else would have done something differently had you known the exact breakdown of the prize pool, like instead of the winners getting $100 they get $125 would have changed the outcome.

I do think these prize pools aren't necessary and it's more trouble than it's worth by the looks of it but there needs to be a resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post

I was #1 in jav leaderboard which has paid the most in all previous seasons prize money was involved and haven't received any message.
                I think it should go to most kills anyways. So I will split it with you and also donate that. Ty

but to your point, we don’t know what the payout breakout was for anything last season.

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Wirah normally coordinates with league ops to set up the payouts, but has been pretty busy the last 6 months or so, and hard to reach. A team is actively working to catch up and send out awards for both S25 and S26. S26 payouts will be distributed using the same breakdown as S25.

Recipients also have the option to donate to the server (always much appreciated, as donations have fallen off lately other than those who have generously given up their winnings), or push awards forward to the next season. But everyone who wishes to receive their prize money will get paid.

We're nearly there, having finished S25, and now are finishing up S26. The goal is to package together prizes from both seasons together to save Wirah some legwork. Thanks for hanging in there, guys, and sorry about clear lack of communication on this. As you know, it's a volunteer enterprise, and sometimes life gets in the way and we drop the ball. We're working to set it right.
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                  -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

We probably have at least 80% of all potential winners on discord, between joe's and my own servers. This should make it pretty easy to reach out to most people. Especially since game is pretty dead between big events.
                    rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                    rEnZi> its crazy
                    rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                      we can agree to disagree about whether knowing the exact breakdown of the prize pool matters, it's fairly obvious it would be similar to every other season (top performers in each league, winners). Your comment makes it seem like you or anyone else would have done something differently had you known the exact breakdown of the prize pool, like instead of the winners getting $100 they get $125 would have changed the outcome.

I do think these prize pools aren't necessary and it's more trouble than it's worth by the looks of it but there needs to be a resolution.
                      Well even if it seems so, I didn't mean it that way. I wouldn't have changed anything.

I stand behind my opinion and no need to repeat it, but i'll add one more thing. I feel like when someone puts money for the league to create hype, that hype should be capitalized 100%. That includes adding breakdown to the public for extra hype and transparency. Copy paste from last season or at least mention it in 1 sentence but there was nothing.

Also thanks to qan for replying.

I must also apologize for saying I haven't been messaged as thats not true. Mark had messaged me 3 days ago but haven't logged into the game for over a week. My 100$ went to the server fund.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post

My 100$ went to the server fund.
                        What happened to HON writers??!

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post

What happened to HON writers??!
                          There were set options. I dont mind it going towards the server or HON

Comment

Friendly bump, any post-season awards, winners prizes and so on? Would be good to know what the amounts were so could decide whether to re-donate/keep half etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X