Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL Postponement/Push Back Dates Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Postponement/Push Back Dates Suggestions?

With TWL being postponed today, I'd like to make a suggestion as to when these games will be replayed. As the TWL site shows, round 5 will be on the 21st. Is there any chance that week can be pushed back as well? It's Easter Sunday and I'll be at my mom's and I'm sure other family oriented people would love to be with their families on this day and not battling it out with a bunch of other nerds for air superiority. If today's games get pushed back to next week, then Wolf is ultimately screwed. Every game is critical after last week's devastating losses, to which the outcome could be different if I showed. Has there been any thought about the Holiday games? The quicker the decision on when the games will be replayed and if games will happen on the 21st would be much appreciated. If no decision is made and we continue on the 21st with games even being replayed on that date, then thanks for nothing.

I agree with some of this, especially the family part. TWLJ games are at 2 pm est, as a married/family man having all LJ games smack dab in the middle of Sunday afternoons are honestly a pretty big pain. 4/5 isn't that big of a deal but there are often all kinds of lunch plans and stuff with family on sunday afternoons on a regular basis for many people i'm sure, especially on Easter.

Comment

Do people actually do stuff for Easter? I mean it's not Christmas/Thanksgiving level, gotta draw a line somewhere?

Comment

People have big family lunches on Easter, at least a fair amount of people. There is no problem with any holiday at night time usually, but since a lot of these games are in the middle of the day for a lot of people when activities might actually be going on it's a different story. I don't think anyone would complain about playing on Easter at 8/9 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrill View Post
          I don't think anyone would complain about playing on Easter at 8/9 pm.
          Apart from everyone in Europe.

Comment

So why should the times be inconvenient for me for all of my LJ time slots but never for other people? I should just have the short end of the stick 100% of the time?

Comment

Baser Euros get the short end of the stick all of the time because the games start so late.

Comment

yea lets delay twl 2 weeks cause people need to eat dinner or lunch

Comment

in HZ we had game times for euros for a while scheduled @ 5 pm est. Later on we did some for them @ 11 pm est which a lot of them said they preferred. 8-10 time slots are the ones a lot of them said they didn't like. I will say my HZ team this season had 3-4 euros that had almost 100% game attendance @ 9-11 pm game slots. Not saying they call can, just saying I've seen it happen plenty before.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrill View Post
                    Later on we did some for them @ 11 pm est which a lot of them said they preferred.
                    At 4-6am, I highly fucking doubt it.

Comment

sry risiq, i brought this up on thundir chit that it might b smart 2 consider reschedulink/postponink games on eastir sunday because a large amount of ppl probably won't b abil to make it. unfortunately i was informed many playirs such as zidin/heaven have planned their travellink schedule around twl playoffs and i am tunnil visioned/an idiot for asking them 2 considir not having games on eastir sunday. sry 4 this dissapointmint but many playirs such as zidin/heafin are already heartbrokin about today and 2 weekends of no twl in a row could b 2 stressfil

Comment

was also informed that rige/thundir are the only teams that mattir so it doesnt mattir if othir squidrins cant b presint because they dont haf a gr8 chince of winnink

Comment

Y'all have Easter breakfast as well? would love to play this game at daytime for once. Lets start TWL 9-10 am est next weekend. (:
                          10* Spectator
                          Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:
                          https://youtu.be/q3HqKe_A_bs

Best in Star Slot - Warbird & Base(GameScore)
                          Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

I in part agree with you rasaq, but this twl is going to go on far too long as it is, especially now with this week missing. I think in part this is why I was worried that the twl schedule was too long in the first place. People aren't doing anything else while TWL is going on. I love twl, and it is good for the game and competition, on the conditions that it is Swift and competitve. Another week TWL goes on could starve off all activity to a unsalvageble level.
                            British> my 18th tomoz $$
                            Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                              yea lets delay twl 2 weeks cause people need to eat dinner or lunch
                              I truly hope you lose someone close to you that way you can cherish moments that you should've spent with someone a bit more than playing this game. What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X