Next TWDT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next TWDT?

With the zone going down and TWL approaching the playoffs, TWD activity has fallen off a cliff.

Elim is on fire, which is great, but obviously leagues remain the priority and more sustainable model for activity.

If there's going to be another TWDT season, it would probably be a good idea to set it up and announce before TWL playoffs start and people lose interest and disappear.

TWL is notorious for killing the zone, especially during the playoffs, and the servers going down for almost two weeks did a lot of damage as well.

Announcing a TWDT season would keep people interested and give them a reason to log on and stay active across the interminably long TWL playoff schedule announced.
    top 100 basers list

yep +1

Comment

pro-league TWDT would be cool, i know it's been discussed

making the next TWDT have no star limits
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Good idea, Og step up and run it:thumbsup:

Comment

I have no interest in running TWDT, was just a friendly reminder since I hadn't seen anyone bring it up.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Pretty much disagree 70% with mr. Claus. If ur gonna remove star limits, what difference would twdt be to twl? Would not increase activity in the slightest since the less-skilled players will get barely to no time to play at all. Would make twdt a twl 2.0, where captains can pick specific players they want

Comment

I'm fine with regular TWDT or pro TWDT, either would be successful I think, the main crux of this post isn't to debate the format, though.

Just that staff might want to get another season in gear before TWL playoffs start. That means announcing a schedule, dates, TWDT ops, etc.

I think Lockdown had some interest in running it, I think he'd be a good candidate.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Cmon don't do pro twdt then newer players definately won't play.. it'd be worse than this current league is

Comment

It's going to be a rough decision for whoever decides to make it. You can either pander to the vets and host TWDT pro or you can pander to the newer players and host a regular TWDT. I do agree however that something needs to be announced soon as we are approaching the end of the TWL regular season. Most players will be losing interest as playoffs start as TWL isn't exactly the most spectator-friendly thing in the world.
                  3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

IMO if activity is the concern for having a league established for post-TWL, it shouldn't be TWDT-Pro which basically says "no" to anyone who's not Thunder, Rage or Monster. Regular TWDT would be good though. I think the next TWDT needs to revert to the older TWDT's with the star limits as last year basically catered only to high skill set players. I'd like to see more nubs playing this year round like Gypsi and Freespirit, just to get pubbers engaged into the game which in turn bolsters activity. Definitely think TWDT is a good idea to help rebound activity though, 100% feel that. I also agree we need to announce it like today or something. Said this before in past, just announce it so people can look forward to it. Establishing captains, guidelines and all that jazz can be done over weeks time, no real rush but least get word out that we will have it before this weeks TWL begins.

Anyways, hope everyone is doing good and has a nice weekend! I have WRC and Formula 1 this weekend, am very happy Cheers fam.

-Ixa

Comment

Someone proposed the rather novel idea of a TWDT that runs high star and low star games with the same teams, with wins of each class counting equally to your score.

So it becomes about trying to put together a great vet team balanced against making the best possible amateur team. Would add another level of strategic depth to drafts. And put a focus on finding unknown talent.

​​Unrelated, could someone tell the guys with the chainsaws at 8:30am on a Saturday that we were out the night before and would like a couple more hours of sleep, sweet hell
                      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                        Someone proposed the rather novel idea of a TWDT that runs high star and low star games with the same teams, with wins of each class counting equally to your score.

So it becomes about trying to put together a great vet team balanced against making the best possible amateur team. Would add another level of strategic depth to drafts. And put a focus on finding unknown talent.

​​Unrelated, could someone tell the guys with the chainsaws at 8:30am on a Saturday that we were out the night before and would like a couple more hours of sleep, sweet hell
                        I like this idea, although I think there are a few problems with it. Mostly, activity is a huge concern, because I don't know if it's possible to field enough teams within those requirements. The only way it truly works is if it forces pure-Dueler players into playing Base games, and pure-Basers into WB or Jav games. It's possible if that's the case though.. Also, if that concern is somehow alleviated, what happens to the average TWDT player whose around 7 stars? There are probably about equal amounts 7 stars that are active than lower or higher. They tend to get screwed the most, yet they are usually the most numerous as well. I guess it depends on what you set the star limit for the lower games.
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I think if you ran a low star and high star games you would have to put the dueling leagues to 4v4. Or have less teams and bigger rosters to make it work.
                          Basing you would have to combine as it would be almost impossible to field two lines.
                          British> my 18th tomoz $$
                          Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

The last season of twdt was the best in a long time. Stick with that format.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post

Just drink until 8 am or until you pass out. You might want to consider the option of using speed if drinking all night is something you need to work on. Have a good one.
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X