No announcement yet.

TWL Season 23 Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual salaries for players ? Teams as franchises ?

Comment

We should have a one-day preseason since there is always a bot problem.
      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
      (10 seconds later)
      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

Pretty stupid argument when Spider, Spastic, and Monster could have won, and Monster was #1 in TWLD all year and favored to win.

I strongly suggest making the limit 1920x1080... that 1200 vertical res means you have a 1440p or 4k monitor, that's only like 10% of gamers.

It's a legit advantage in TWLD, there's only 500 pixels between your ship and the edge of your screen towards the North or South, the small amount of players like Ease, beam, Lasenza, Caos and Pineapple Express who have those monitors have a small but significant advantage.

Having an extra 120 pixels vertically for only 10% of the zone seems antithetical to fair play.
        I am not a wb so my opinion does not matter much here but, my monitor does not support 1920x1080, it only supports 1920x1200 or 1680x1050 and this monitor is at least 10 years old. NOT a 4k monitor like you would suggest.
        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
        (10 seconds later)
        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

WB limits back to 1920x1200 - didn't realize 1920x1080 wasn't possible on a lot of newer monitors

The TWL roster limits have also been finalized:

TWLB - 14
          TWLD+TWLJ - 14
          TWLD OR TWLJ (only one) - 8
          Last edited by zidane; 04-22-2020, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I feel like LD+LJ - 14 is kinda much. Nowadays 95% of the people play both ships. It could easily be like 12. Same with TWLB. Do we really need 6 subs..?

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post
              I feel like LD+LJ - 14 is kinda much. Nowadays 95% of the people play both ships. It could easily be like 12. Same with TWLB. Do we really need 6 subs..?
              Agreed with MC, more ppl on same team less competition around.
              TWLD 2016 Champion
              TWDTD champion x 3
              Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Zid, you guys are already doing a good job finding squads within yourselves with a little help given the current situation worldwide which improve activity and showrates or less IRL missfortunes.

However, rosters are small..but they should be smaller. The old TWD squad practise/feeling is be basicly gone, and TWD is possible nowdays, even with your foes, ensured by the borrow system.

The only worry should be on making sure squads have enough to show on game days. Just be bold with the numbers! People always have to volunteer and pick what their playing but agressive 'encouragment' doesn't hurt.

That and being flexible if there's not enough for a squad on a dramatic way. The game happening is what matters, not the date itself.

1 League - 8 is ok but 7 could be more interesting making it a close unit with 2 subs.

2 Leagues - 10, as most people play different ships especially these days.

3 Leagues - 12. Same reason as above.

You have a good number of dueling squads. TWLB, can have 8 or even 10, with more forced cuts. Classify one league LB as 2 Leagues to compensate.

Checking TWD, there could be easily 2, 10 man tight units, forming good / decent squads which is not hard to find on the basing community given years of experience and good personalities to blend in fast.

Creative solution for Paladen and Monster lbing, could help as well.

​​​​​
                Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                Your friend,
                ​​Papi
                ​​​​​

Comment

Spark is ready for TWL games. Register us please

Comment

I did the math on the top 3 teams from last year in twlb and the extra roster spots were definitely not needed. I can’t speak for ld or lj but definitely could go with smaller rosters for lb. This is a list of who rage, Thunder, and spastic used with the 13 roster limit which is 1 less than it is this year:

Rage (12 but truly 10)
                    Cripple
                    Dreamwin
                    Mythril
                    Pressure
                    Rodney
                    Rough
                    Skat
                    Turban
                    Ricko
                    Beam x1 (subbed in 21min after won)
                    Geio x2 (subbed in x1 after won)
                    Tj hazuki x3 (subbed in x1 after won)

Thunder (12 but truly 10)
                    Ease
                    Hellkite
                    Hulk
                    Mcvicar
                    Ogron
                    Ra
                    Shayde
                    Zidane
                    Kado
                    Heaven x1
                    Best x2
                    Tiny x1

Spastic (13 but truly 11)
                    Jamal
                    Jurassic
                    Morph
                    Nowon
                    Oderus
                    Spooked
                    Undercut
                    Wbm
                    Solace
                    Lupin
                    Rucci
                    Porkjet x1
                    Sulla x1
                    In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                    twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                    twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

unfortunately lowering limits has nothing to do with stacking, it's all about the quality of the player. the only thing lowering limits will do will make squads less active, and people who don't find themselves on a roster will most likely quit. there just aren't enough people willing or able to make squads... i get the idea that smaller cap = more squads, however that doesn't actually happen.

there's no point severely hurting TWD activity just to create these small roster limits which won't do fuck all in determining the top teams. we all know if one squad has six 10* players and the other has zero, they are going to win or be the heavy favourite regardless of whether the limit is 10 or 14.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                        unfortunately lowering limits has nothing to do with stacking, it's all about the quality of the player. the only thing lowering limits will do will make squads less active, and people who don't find themselves on a roster will most likely quit. there just aren't enough people willing or able to make squads... i get the idea that smaller cap = more squads, however that doesn't actually happen.

there's no point severely hurting TWD activity just to create these small roster limits which won't do fuck all in determining the top teams. we all know if one squad has six 10* players and the other has zero, they are going to win or be the heavy favourite regardless of whether the limit is 10 or 14.
                        I can’t speak for others but the point of my post wasn’t to complain about stacking. You are right though that you can’t force people to make a competitive squad and it takes top players to get people to follow in order to make a competitive squad. There are still plenty of free agents that could form a strong squad but unless the strong players from that FA Pool want to lead, the others won’t follow.

The point of my post was kind of pointing towards having more squads makes things more fun even if not all of them can win the title. It’s easier to force this in a draft league though where you can have 8 teams instead of 6 which makes the league more enjoyable.
                        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post

No one forces them to leave. But the chance they will get to play in twl are much smaller. And lets be honest, if we take afghans post. Whats the point in having people on your roster to sub in when winning? Basing is much harder to create a squad, so I understand that. But having wb and jav together having 14 limit is kinda stupid imo. This has nothing to do with a squad being less active. Hey, dont we have borrowing nowadays? Its just lazyness.

Going down 1 or 2 spots isnt gonna kill activity man. But I guess you rather have a squad with 14 ppl online and having 9 to bench. Yes, I see this happening with fire all the time. While spectacular might have played twl on lulu. 24/geio could easily recreated envy even with lesser activity. Its just all not wanting to take an effort to create more competition overall.

Comment

Unless you find a way to measure it with some sort of stat people can get behind it'll always be someone's guesstimate vs someone else's.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

No one forces them to leave. But the chance they will get to play in twl are much smaller. And lets be honest, if we take afghans post. Whats the point in having people on your roster to sub in when winning? Basing is much harder to create a squad, so I understand that. But having wb and jav together having 14 limit is kinda stupid imo. This has nothing to do with a squad being less active. Hey, dont we have borrowing nowadays? Its just lazyness.

Going down 1 or 2 spots isnt gonna kill activity man. But I guess you rather have a squad with 14 ppl online and having 9 to bench. Yes, I see this happening with fire all the time. While spectacular might have played twl on lulu. 24/geio could easily recreated envy even with lesser activity. Its just all not wanting to take an effort to create more competition overall.
                              MC.....24 has 3 kids I have one....kado is inactive and so are you....different times man. I can’t just come online for 4-5 hours every single night to make sure we are practicing and recruiting and all that....and 24 and I both agreed we really wouldn’t want somebody else running it. I think roster limits are fine. I usually don’t always agree with zidane but he’s pretty spot on....
                              Geio> Down to chill and play that
                              Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Bump - update for playoff rules

Moving to 6 teams for LD/LJ, 4 for LB. One week bye in base, 3 week playoff total. Details in 1st post.

Comment

Working...
                                X