Extra twlb squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra twlb squad

Maybe someone with more pull than I have wants to organize these free agents into another competitive twlb squad since sage is apparently not doing twlb:

Spookedone
    Vehicle
    Cape
    Zizzo
    brookus

Milpitas
    apocalypse wow!
    Tabarnak!!!

Okyo
    Henry saari
    Midoent
    Rageritual
    Bellflowers
    Poni
    Tripin
    Olde
    Burnt
    Best
    holy ship
    cyrus
    Last edited by afghan; 04-27-2020, 04:39 PM.
    In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
    twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
    twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Now that signups are closed, maybe this can at least serve as a recruitment thread.
    In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
    twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
    twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Sure! I'm a free agent
      Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Recruit cyrus u cowards
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

I'm not participating in TWL.
          Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
          (10 seconds later)
          rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
          P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Kind of a bummer no one on this list was willing to step up to attempt to form a squad. Multiple squads are trying to keep their rosters more minimal than prior seasons in order to let the talent spread. You'd think we can do better than 6 squads when we were able to get 8 for last season...

Cape, Vehicle, RageRitual, you're all going to sit this season? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
              Kind of a bummer no one on this list was willing to step up to attempt to form a squad. Multiple squads are trying to keep their rosters more minimal than prior seasons in order to let the talent spread. You'd think we can do better than 6 squads when we were able to get 8 for last season...

Atleast it looks like u get 6 good teams. Do you really want to have blown out games? I think the people who arent on a twlb squad most likely dont have the urge to play twlb.
              As you said, talent seems to be much more spread out. Hope it will be a close season in every league.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

Atleast it looks like u get 6 good teams. Do you really want to have blown out games? I think the people who arent on a twlb squad most likely dont have the urge to play twlb.
                As you said, talent seems to be much more spread out. Hope it will be a close season in every league.
                EG started going downhill once their leagues became 6, then 4, then no squads. I personally feel it important to try to accommodate the free agents and facilitate the formation of 2 more squads, but that's just me. If others think it is useless and 6 squads is sufficient, then by all means, move forward the way things are.

Comment

EG started going downhill once their leagues became 6, then 4, then no squads. I personally feel it important to try to accommodate the free agents and facilitate the formation of 2 more squads, but that's just me. If others think it is useless and 6 squads is sufficient, then by all means, move forward the way things are.
                  Kinda true. When I visit twbd I see always the same people playing. The same as basingcup. Think the basing community isnt that big anymore.

Wb/jav seem to be more squads than last seasons.
                  ​​​

Comment

I tried getting Monster in LB but the basers didnt get along and raged after 3/4 games, not allowing chemistry to build..... That being a bust allowed Rapid to form so you still have six. Really 6 competitive teams out of the small Tw community is huge. 8 grown adults strategically playing together in any video game/sport is hard to find... 8 teams would really be streching the talent currently. Due to the same 30 people playing in every single match. Same people borrowed for specific ships all day... Kinda hard to be in top form when you cant get in a game more then once a week.

Are HALF of the basers really good? Or are they just better because they are added and get all the ship time during the only competitive practice play in the zone?!?!?!?!?!?!? Can't just go elim basing practice :\

Little to late but, Think the lesson here is you need to allow more of the community out of spec and into the basing matches since having this borrow feature now, theres plenty of duelers with years of tw experience that would like to give basing a HEAVY go but have just been playing on dueling squads over the years, and never had the opportunity in the past.
                    Last edited by olde; 04-28-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post
                      Are HALF of the basers really good? Or are they just better because they are added and get all the ship time during the only competitive practice play in the zone?!?!?!?!?!?!? Can't just go elim basing practice :\
                      Pretty much my thoughts. Would love to get playtime in base!

Concerning LB teams--Paladen is willing to go to LB if we can secure a handful of basers. Rather than waste time having people apply to our squad, fiddle with PW/Chat, join up and find we can't field enough wasting everyone's time. Just let me know in-game or here, and I'll make a running list on this post and update it as I get more people. Also may as well mention we are looking for preferably 2 or 3 vets to be starters for LD/LJ. So if anyone reading this found out they might be bench riding and want a starter slot, hit me up.

Other than that. Hope you guys are doing good and staying safe. Cheers!

-ix

IMPORTANT EDIT: Paladen is no longer taking part in ANY division for TWL and I myself am going to take a break from SS.
                      Last edited by Grasps; 04-30-2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Pressure a few people have asked sorry in advance for the long reply.

I have spent many seasons trying to help low tier squads (ie brainwave, teks, marksmin, etc) in TWL. I love basing and it keeps me coming back to the game, which is fine for TWD. In TWL though you have teams with 4/5 10* players on them, low tier squads won't be able to compete. It is really hard to enjoy the game going 0-15, 2-15, every match. I am aware I am no 10* player and never will be but I can play all 3 ships. Making finals for WinOrDie in shark, mvp'ing finals now in terr for Power proves I am ready to compete. So I assume it's my attitude, I have a lot of stress these days IRL which limits my patience for the drama that comes with losing game after game especially with all the lag problems of the server stressing people out before matches even start.

TL;DR I am only going to join TWL if I am on a squad with a real chance to make finals.
                        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                        (10 seconds later)
                        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post

Pressure a few people have asked sorry in advance for the long reply.

I have spent many seasons trying to help low tier squads (ie brainwave, teks, marksmin, etc) in TWL. I love basing and it keeps me coming back to the game, which is fine for TWD. In TWL though you have teams with 4/5 10* players on them, low tier squads won't be able to compete. It is really hard to enjoy the game going 0-15, 2-15, every match. I am aware I am no 10* player and never will be but I can play all 3 ships. Making finals for WinOrDie in shark, mvp'ing finals now in terr for Power proves I am ready to compete. So I assume it's my attitude, I have a lot of stress these days IRL which limits my patience for the drama that comes with losing game after game especially with all the lag problems of the server stressing people out before matches even start.

TL;DR I am only going to join TWL if I am on a squad with a real chance to make finals.
                          Lower-mid tier squads have caused upsets in the past and done well. Anti-Scrub, Potenza come to mind, hell even Cobra wasn't a favorite going into the season (we established ourselves as a contender closer to playoffs). If there were 2 more mid tier squads with some high quality talent on them, those squads could have easily caused upsets. The problem here is that a ton of effort is required to run a squad and to put that time in knowing your chances at winning at all are low is difficult. I totally understand and have been in the same position you are describing as the guy who played for lower-mid tier squads with no hope of winning for a long time.

Comment

"TL;DR I am only going to join TWL if I am on a squad with a real chance to make finals."

this is a disgustink attitude and i hope u and every1 else who thinks this way undirstinds that u r disgracink your fimily and settink a terribil exampil 4 youngir genirition of playirs such as binks n any othir continim playir undir 21 yrs old. should b ashamed of ursilf

do u haf a testicil or a vigini? winning games when you are flat out bettir than someone/expected to win doesn't make you a winner, and is nothing 2 b proud of

who the fk wants to b teamm8s with someone who won't play unless they have a gr8 chince to make it to the finils on paper?

u should expect to win every game u efir play, whethir its 1 on 1 w/ lebrin james, or if its 1vs8 vs the 8 bist bisirs in trinch wirs histiry. expect to win, do your bist, live w/ the resilt n moof on. take full responsibility/accountibility for every loss and b a gr8 teamm8 eefin if it was every1 else's fault but urs n stop beink a littil b1tch

Comment

it seems a few players have this mindset of refusing to play unless they get carried to a title - same with Rab last year who refused to play TWLB unless he was on a top 2 basing team (????). Let's call it modern day privilege.
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X